Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 173 lbs
    MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit MSKFAHIM's BodySpace

Squat(low bar): Injury (shoulder blades?)

I hurt my shoulder blades today while doing my 5x5 workout. The good news is that I no longer felt any pain on my wrist or elbow. The bad news is that my left shoulder blade started hurting. I still kept squatting and got 5 reps for 4 sets. On the final set, the first rep felt like the bar might bull out my left shoulder blade from my back. I had the strength to brute-force it but couldn't tolerate the shoulder blade pain, so I stopped squatting.

I then warmed up for my 5x5 bench. I could tell that the shoulder blade injury was interfering with my pressing. When I reached my work weight, I noticed something a bit strange while unracking the bar. It took about 2 extra second for the bar to come off of the rack on the left side. I managed to get 5 reps but I stopped there. I got a bit scared as I don't want to aggravate the injury by putting more stress on my left shoulder blade region.

Anyone know what went wrong? Ever happened to you? Here is a pic of the region affected:

That whore region feels tight and in pain. The region I circle is where I was feeling like my shoulder blade might snap off as I was squatting.

Fahim
    Help me with my nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164457701

Stats: 5'11", 185 lbs
    TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit TakeEverything's BodySpace
    How are you setting up with the bar on your back? If you're not really flexing or tightening your back and have your hands fairly inside I guess it could mess up your shoulder blade?

That's weird though... I've always complained and heard people complain about rotator cuff/labrum pain doing low bar squats, not shoulder blade.

Stats: 173 lbs
    MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MSKFAHIM has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit MSKFAHIM's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by TakeEverything View Post
    How are you setting up with the bar on your back? If you're not really flexing or tightening your back and have your hands fairly inside I guess it could mess up your shoulder blade?

That's weird though... I've always complained and heard people complain about rotator cuff/labrum pain doing low bar squats, not shoulder blade.
    Since I switched to low bar I had elbow and wrist problems squatting the way Rippetoe suggested. I switched to the way this dude on Brandon Campbell's youtube video showed. Not flaring my elbows up and keeping them close and in line with torse along with a wider grip helped with weist and elbow issues. But I just couldn't find a spot on my back where the bar would stay without it trying to pull out my shoulder blade.
    Help me with my nutrition: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164457701

Stats: 6'2", 198 lbs
    IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IamVana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit IamVana's BodySpace
    It sounds like you might be pushing up against the bar, squeezing it against you with your arms rather than letting your legs do the main work. Without seeing how you squat it will be hard to know your form but maybe you are not leaning forward enough. Your hands should only be there for support, if you are finding you are gripping it tight with your hands, using it like leverage on the way up, you will be putting added stress against the shoulder blades. You may need to deload a little and work on your form if this is the case.