formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formatt45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exercises to help Lordosis (swayback)

I was curious if anyone had any success treating their Lordosis with specific exercises and/or stretches. Over the years, thru bad posture/sleeping habits I have developed a bit of a "swayback". I brought this up to my doctor who sent me to physical therapy. To make a long story short I paid them 25 bucks to show me how to stretch my hip flexors. I felt like it was a waste of my money. Anyone have any success fixing this problem?

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Anterior Pelvic Tilt?

Try here: http://figureathlete.t-nation.com/fr...r_body_posture

Short answer: stretch your hip flexors and strengthen your glutes.
    -

mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mc- is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by formatt45 View Post
    I was curious if anyone had any success treating their Lordosis with specific exercises and/or stretches. Over the years, thru bad posture/sleeping habits I have developed a bit of a "swayback". I brought this up to my doctor who sent me to physical therapy. To make a long story short I paid them 25 bucks to show me how to stretch my hip flexors. I felt like it was a waste of my money. Anyone have any success fixing this problem?
    ya. lots.
    but with each person i see there are pretty individual factors, so without seeing you move, couldn't say specifically what YOU need.

What i can say generally is that deliberate daily practice of good mobility work will have profound effects on movement. If you don't have a strategy right now, here's a few thoughts: static posture is less important than how we move. We improve movement by owning our movement - eg, can a person cross there extended leg in front and to the side without torquing their pelvis, too? can we move our mid back spine not only back and forth but side to side wihout involving the lower spine? how bout the neck, with fingers about an inch away from both temples, side to side without tilting the head to the fingers?

A good place to start with owning our movement, joint by joint, is with something like r-phase and the r-phase neural warm up.
    http://tinyurl.com/39jnlbd

Follow the 12 week program *specifically* with deliberate practice, ten minutes a day, focusing on the joints as described, you'll reclaim your body. we're plastic: we change by doing, but it takes practice of movements to build up new motor patterns. This is partially why *just* stretching is not that effective: it's positional rather than reps of movement.

you know you need to do reps to build muscle, right? we need reps to build movement, too. It's a skill, like a sport. takes practice.

mc

jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jae215 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had lordosis for a while. These exercises and stretches helped me improve my flexibility and posture pretty quickly.

the idea is to strengthen your glutes and abdominals to pull your hips forward, and loosen your hip flexors so they don't pull your hips back.

Hip Stretches:
    http://www.exrx.net/Stretches/HipFle...HipFlexor.html
    http://www.exrx.net/Stretches/Gluteu...us/Seated.html

Exercises:
    Bulgarian split squats with weights. These are great for hip flexibility and glute strength and activation. Also decent for your core once you increase the weight.

Planks. Lordosis will cause your abdominals to stretch and become weak and loose. Planks are great for strengthining your core without activating your (overly tight) hip flexors.Focus on keeping your back straight and pushing your hips foward. Add weight once you feel comfortable. Aim for ~1min sets.

If you're consistent, results will come very quickly.