Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Glutamine by Higher Power; 30-day Trial Test

BodySpace Name: dblanks

Alright, so I'm excited to trial test this new product and be a consumer guinea pig. A little background on me; I've always been somewhat active, but didn't start seriously working out until early 2002. I started out doing mostly cardio for a few years and stayed pretty lean. Then, a few years ago I decided to start adding more muscle...and I was hooked. I stay natural, but do use some great supplements for mass building and overall health, i.e. protein, creatine, fish oil, multivitamin, glucosamine, glutamine, etc. So, I was happy to be able to participate in this glutamine trial.

For the next 30 days I'll be using 'Higher Power's' new glutamine and looking to see how it enhances my muscle recovery time. During this time I'll continue to use and stack my other supplements, but no other competing glutamine product (see my full supplement list in my BodySpace profile). I'll keep my diet the same; high protein (about 400 grams per day) and low carbs. And for workouts-I weight train 5 days a week (Monday -Friday) for and hour, followed up by 20 minutes of cardio/fat burning (see my full diet and training splits on my BodySpace profile).

That's all for now. It's late at night and I have to hit the gym very early so I'll do a double post tomorrow and log today's and tomorrow's workout ...tomorrow (I hope that wasn't confusing
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dblanks; 03-24-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Lift Heavy, Train Hard, NEVER QUIT!

dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dblanks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up 'Higher Power' Glutamine Trial Day #1

Day # 1
    Shoulders

Product Used – 'Higher Power' Glutamine (one scoop mixed with creatine as an intra-workout shake)

First of all, I LOVED the taste of this glutamine (raspberry/lemon). Also, it blended perfectly with my creatine. I sipped it all through the 1 hour weight training and 20 minute cardio session and I didn't feel any reactions to it. Also, no muscle aches during my workout, and none afterward either. That was good. We'll see how my shoulders feel tomorrow. Arm day will be the TRUE test!

Between 1 to 10, I'm going to go ahead and rate it an 8 since I was able to blast through my workout without pain. Of course, that probably isn't due entirely to the glutamine since it's my first dose...but that's why I wont give it a 10. If my shoulders feel great tomorrow, then perhaps I'll bump that rating up a notch. For now, it seems like a pretty good product. I'll also rate the following;

Taste-10
    Endurance-10
    Recovery-8
    Overall Performance-8
    I'm in the early stage of using this product so these numbers may definitely change...but I'm hoping only for the better.

Again, I used this as an intra-workout supplement, but tomorrow I may add it to my post-workout protein shake as well. Overall, I'm really excited to see what this glutamine can do as far as muscle recovery. My workouts are always pretty intense, and at 5-days a week-I'm always looking for a way to decrease the soreness...which actually has been a HUGE problem for me lately, especially in my arms. Bicep/tricep day is a KILLER for me because of the pain I typically have during and after those workouts. If this product actually decreases THAT...I may have to buy stock in the company

See you tomorrow!

Smile 'Higher Power' Glutamine Log (Logging for YESTERDAY)

Day # 2
    Chest

Product Used – 'Higher Power' Glutamine (one scoop mixed with creatine as an intra-workout shake)

This log is for YESTERDAY'S training. My chest workout went well and I kept it intense. I sipped the glutamine shake all throughout my entire workout. Oh, and I had no pain from the previous shoulder workout either. Today I'm feeling a little stiffness in both muscle groups, but not as much as usual though, which is nice. Muscle soreness is a big problem for me sometimes so I'm looking to see if this glutamine can decrease some of that.

For today I'm going to rate the glutamine an 8. I did have some pain and soreness in the right arm tendons (as usual) but I was able to push through it for the most part. I can't really expect glutamine to change that situation on only the second dose. Like I said in my previous log, the rating my definitely change as I go, up or down...we'll just have to see. I'll also rate the following;

Taste-10
    Endurance-9
    Recovery-7.5
    Overall Performance-8

Today is back day. I'm really excited to blast through it hardcore. I'll post today's log afterward.

Cool 'Higher Power' Glutamine Log (For Yesterday-3/27/2011)

Day # 3
    Back

Once again, this log is for YESTERDAY'S training. Things have been so busy that I can't seem to get my log in right after my workouts. I'll be caught up by tomorrow, and back on same-day posting. Anyway, my back workout was ok. I pushed all my sets to failure, but just felt like it was lacking something. That happens to me sometimes. I can be pretty hard on myself in the gym...which I like. It keeps me on task.

I'm keeping my glutamine rating at 8 for now. I did have back soreness today, but I feel that it wasn't major. I'm still waiting a full week for the glutamine to settle in, then I'll fully hold this product accountable for any major soreness that isn't decreasing (since that's the major effect of glutamine). My overall rating breakdown is;

Taste-10
    Endurance-9
    Recovery-7.5
    Overall Performance-8

Tomorrow is biceps/triceps. As I've mentioned in my earlier logs, that is the biggest area of pain for me. We'll see how it goes.

HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks good brothah, thanks for the posts
    Check us out on ********!
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/pages/Higher-Power-Nutrition/164091646944274

changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HigherPowerRep View Post
    Looks good brothah, thanks for the posts
    Seems like only me and u take it post.

Smile

Originally Posted by changemyoil66 View Post
    Seems like only me and u take it post.

True. I think there's about 7 of us all together, but I couldn't find everyone's posts. I've got another post coming this evening for this morning's biceps/triceps workout. Good to meet another glutamine logger.

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dblanks View Post
    True. I think there's about 7 of us all together, but I couldn't find everyone's posts. I've got another post coming this evening for this morning's biceps/triceps workout. Good to meet another glutamine logger.
    Sure. Post the routine. That'll be great.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice man! Sub'd for this one!
    --------------------------------------------

Personal Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155617473

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Activity coming in here Monday?
    Available as a rep

Thumbs up Higher Power Gluramine Log (For Yesterday)

Day # 4
    Biceps/Triceps

This log is for YESTERDAY'S training. My training schedule is a bit all over the place right now. I'm typically 5 days a week, Mon.-Fri. but this has been an incredibly busy few weeks due to work matters. But oh well, I'm trying to play catch-up. My arms workout went very wel. VERY intense. Arm day is typically the most difficult for me because of the constant joint and tendon soreness. I must admit, although this workout was no where near pain-free...it was very noticeably less. No exaggeration. Here was my routine;
    *Barbell curls-100 lbs., 4 sets,10/8
    *Seated machine curls-150 lbs., 4 sets,12/8
    *Dumbbell curls-50 lbs., 4 sets,10/6
    *Tricep pull-downs-200 lbs., 5 sets,12/8
    *Seated lateral tricep extensions-150 lbs., 4 sets,12/8
    *Seated cable tricep extensions-50 lbs., 5 sets,15/10

Definitely a good day yesterday. I'll give the glutamine a 9. As I said before, my arm days are typically more painful than it was yestersay so I'm feeling good. My overall rating breakdown is;
    *Taste-10
    *Endurance-10
    *Recovery-8.5
    *Overall Performance-9

I'm guessing that by now the glutamine is getting absorbed into my system and that I'll hopefully continue to see a decrease in pain and soreness, as well as a quicker muscle recovery. At least I hope so. Only time will tell.

OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't Glutamine and Creatine compete for absorbtion in the body? I've always taken them seperately because of this. Please correct me if my beliefs are unfounded.
    -Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Higher Power Glutamine Log

Day # 5
    Shoulders

Ha! Leg day turned into shoulder day because I'm nursing a sore knee. I've been taking it easy on the legs for two weeks now and I think I'll be good to go by next week. Anyway, good shoulder workout. Here was my routine;
    *Front dumbbell raises-50 lbs., 4 sets,12/8
    *Dumbbell fly raises-50 lbs., 4 sets,12/8
    *Overhead machine press-150 lbs., 4 sets,10/6
    *Rear delt shoulder fly-130 lbs., 5 sets,12/8
    *Front cable raises-50 lbs., 5 sets,12/8
    *machine fly-150 lbs., 5 sets,15/10

Again, good workout today. I'll give the glutamine a 9. My overall rating breakdown is;
    *Taste-10
    *Endurance-10
    *Recovery-8.5
    *Overall Performance-9

Originally Posted by OldFord View Post
    Don't Glutamine and Creatine compete for absorbtion in the body? I've always taken them seperately because of this. Please correct me if my beliefs are unfounded.

Good question, particularly since I don't know the answer. I figured since their roles were completely different that it wouldn't be too much of an issue as long as both had plenty of time overall to get into the system over time. You could be right...I don't know. But I'll certainly research it.

mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100) mikeonopiates is not very well liked. (-100)
    good luck with the "tiger blood" results.
    Pre-order Halo 4 here and get exclusive content : http://buyhalo4.blogspot.com

www.playpacmanonline.net
    Make Money Online-I used this program on my pacman site : www.bookmarkingdemon5.blogspot.com

Please follow my twitters to get updated on different gaming news.
    twitter.com/halo4scoop | twitter.com/gta5scoop | twitter.com/blackops2_scoop

Mod Negged :(

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good to hear your knee is getting better. Hate it when there is something holding you back from going full out!

Originally Posted by mikeonopiates View Post
    good luck with the "tiger blood" results.
    The "Adonis DNA" will see to that

Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    Good to hear your knee is getting better. Hate it when there is something holding you back from going full out!
    Thanks man. Yes it sucks. I tried lighter leg workouts but there are only so many braces and wraps that you can wear until the body just says. "NO". I'm going for it next week. I feel like it's better now.

Sweet deal man! Hopefully the knee won't bother you then!

I don't see why and have never read of such a statement before. I'm an avid reader of nutrition, BTW>
    Available as a rep

I drink Higher Powers Glutamine and Creatine together. I do not see why they would compete for absorbtion either.

OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10) OldFord is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I've done some research on my earlier question/statement. I've found it said in several places that they compete. However, nothing to support it except for the statement itself. Being Glutamine is an amino, it really shouldn't interfere. Anyway, just thought I would share.
    -Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Lightbulb

So I've done some research on my earlier question/statement. I've found it said in several places that they compete. However, nothing to support it except for the statement itself. Being Glutamine is an amino, it really shouldn't interfere. Anyway, just thought I would share.
    I was just going to post that today as well...about glutamine being an amino and many creatine pre-workout drinks on the market contain it. Anyway, thanks for posting the question. Supplement research is always a good thing.

^ I agree, knowledge is power!

Agreed. So anyone else want to beat this dead horse?
    Available as a rep

Higher Power Glutamine Log (For Yesterday)

Day # 6
    Chest

Decent chest day. Started off a little sluggish though. My workouts start at 5:00AM so sometimes I'm dragging my butt if I haven't slept as much as I should have or as soundly as I'd like the night before. Here was my routine;
    *Dumbbell Press-100 lbs. each, 4 sets,10/6
    *Incline Barbell Press-205 lbs., 4 sets,10/6
    *Seated Downward press-140 lbs., 4 sets,12/8
    *Seated Flys-180 lbs., 5 sets,12/8
    *Incline Cable Crossover-60 lbs., 5 sets,15/8
    *Seated Chest Press-200 lbs., 4 sets,10/6

So, my rating for yesterday? I'll give the glutamine a 9. I'm not trying to be overly generous on purpose, I'm just used to struggling through the pain on chest days due to the soreness of my forearm tendons, but yesterday was a bit easier. Still hard to say if it's the glutamine or not because it's too early in my test phase, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until the the soreness increases. IF it increases. My overall rating breakdown is;
    *Taste-10
    *Endurance-10
    *Recovery-8.5
    *Overall Performance-9

I know how that feels getting up early to workout. Some days are def better than others lol. Overall man it looked like a solid workout!

HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ^^ Agreed, nice and strong
    And I think you'll find the Glutamine will keep up with you
    Check us out on ********!
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/pages/Higher-Power-Nutrition/164091646944274

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HigherPowerRep View Post
    ^^ Agreed, nice and strong
    And I think you'll find the Glutamine will keep up with you
    It has...so far. I'm actually quite impressed with it.

Originally Posted by dblanks View Post
    It has...so far. I'm actually quite impressed with it.
    Glad you like it.
    Available as a rep