Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Energy supplement

Does anyone recommend taking a pre-workout energy supplement on competition show day directly before posing on stage? If no, what will help for pumping up?

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NFGasparri View Post
    Does anyone recommend taking a pre-workout energy supplement on competition show day directly before posing on stage? If no, what will help for pumping up?
    Some people do, if it's a pump promoting matrix. I wouldn't add one you aren't familiar with, and even if you are I'd be damn sure you had the timing down and everything
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NFGasparri has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    Some people do, if it's a pump promoting matrix. I wouldn't add one you aren't familiar with, and even if you are I'd be damn sure you had the timing down and everything

Thanks. I sure do not want a crash from an energy supp too so I probably will not take one.

Registered User savedbygrace777's Avatar
    savedbygrace777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question regarding Show Day!

Hey There!
    I was reading the nutrition for all the hours BEFORE prejudging, but after?
    All it says is to consume 30 g of carbs till night show.
    Do you repeat the same plan for the night show (eat a high fat, sodium, carb meal like a sub...)?
    Or do you just eat the carbs and you are good to go?

Thanks a whole lot...

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NFGasparri View Post
    The carbs you've eaten throughout the morning should be enough to get a good pump going. I've taken pre-workout supps before stepping on stage and noticed a small difference. After a long diet, I'm incredibly tolerant to stimulants, so I wasn't worried about crashing at all.

Originally Posted by savedbygrace777 View Post
    Hey There!
    I was reading the nutrition for all the hours BEFORE prejudging, but after?
    All it says is to consume 30 g of carbs till night show.
    Do you repeat the same plan for the night show (eat a high fat, sodium, carb meal like a sub...)?
    Or do you just eat the carbs and you are good to go?

Thanks a whole lot...
    If you've followed something similar to Layne's plan, you should be good to go out and have a respectable lunch. Personally I like going to Jimmie John's and after that I generally eat every 3 hours or so, just like I normally do. As for the night show, I just repeat what worked well in the morning. You won't need to do a full load, but have a couple of meals with a decent amount of carbs ready to go in case the night show goes long.

PaulROSS1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have a question about peak week?

You said "we should limit vegetables and fiber 16 - 20 before pre judging" then what kind of food should I have at that time? (Give me some examples)

FlashNutrition has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    We filmed this the week of the Olympia in Vegas so I was in between shows. We put a lot of work into these so I hope you guys like them and they are helpful
    Its crazy, every coach I ever had in the past had me do all the wrong things. Back loading carbs, cutting sodium, taking diuretics, you name it, and always struggled to get any kind of a pump. I am going to follow you guide for my show in 8 days, I look forward to actually getting that pump before I hit the stage.

BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz BodySpaceAdmin has the mod powerz
    On a sidenote, we're going to revamp the look of Layne's Peak Week series on Bodybuilding.com, so stay tuned for the pages to look different by week end!

Last edited by BodySpaceAdmin; 08-02-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Added new series graphic.
    Want to close your account? Please contact our Customer Service department (anytime 24/7!) - and they can assist you with that:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/help?bodyspace

kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkemp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi Layne,

BIG fan of yours!

I don't believe I am quite as lean as I should be for my upcoming competition. If by the last week I don't feel lean enough, should I simply keep my nutrition the same and do a small carb up the day before? Or should I try and attempt the peak weak regardless. If I did just keep things the same and take the extra week would I still do the circuit training etc.? Thanks so much man

Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50) Badgerone will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool Comp to comp

Hi, I have 4 comps coming up that I have committed to, they are in a 5-6week window, question is how does one go from comp to comp?? How do you peak for each one after the 1st? I have studied everything I can and two is fine but is doing 4 biting off more than one can chew or do I just chew like crazy and give it my all? Cut has gone exceptionally well, just don't know how long someone can hold a peak for? Two is the most I have done before! For the 1st two I am going to front load then back load the second do I keep that protocol?
    Many thanks the Shredded Badger

tjbalan214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjbalan214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question on the final days (friday, showday) what should water consumption be like, i understand laynes protocol for not cutting water to zero curious should it drop to say half a gallon? 1/4 a gallon? sips on show day. For which ever would be right does the introduction of carb loading pull all the waterloading you have been consuming in the past week into muscle? and with the proper sodium intake it that how it allows that to happen?
    First NPC Men's Physique Show: September 7th 2013>>>>>>Royal Palm Classic, Fort.Myers Beach, FL
    Results>>>>>>tied for 5th, ended in 6th Tall class.
    Second NPC Men's Physique Show: May 17th 2014>>>>>>>>Naples Bonita Classic, Naples, FL
    Results>>>>>>1st in class and Overall
    Follow my journey to build a classic physique on Instagram: tbalan FB: Thomas Balan

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn't drop it at all... just stay consistent. Remember that water is needed to help store glycogen, important for filling out to the show and getting a pump. Not all the water will shuttle into the muscle, your body tries to maintain homeostasis, which means it distribute equally between intra and extra cellular. When combined with carb loading, it will be more inclined to be paired with water as it's stored as glycogen (I think, been a while since I had any physiology)
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tjbalan214 View Post
    Question on the final days (friday, showday) what should water consumption be like, i understand laynes protocol for not cutting water to zero curious should it drop to say half a gallon? 1/4 a gallon? sips on show day. For which ever would be right does the introduction of carb loading pull all the waterloading you have been consuming in the past week into muscle? and with the proper sodium intake it that how it allows that to happen?
    Some people might benefit from a small reduction in water and Layne even calls for tapering into the show in his "Peak Week" plan on here. I'd say that once evening rolls around on Friday, don't over do it on the water. Drink if you're thirsty. If you've been doing a gallon or more leading into the show, your body should be well hydrated and have plenty of water to pull into the cells with your increased carbs.

tjbalan214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tjbalan214 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    should the sodium stick around the same? ive been at 2000mg last5 days or cut it down and just reintroduce the higher sodium with the 2 hour sub layne recommends? Thanks Red and wrkoutfrq for clearing that up! my carbing up starts tonight after the spray!
    First NPC Men's Physique Show: September 7th 2013>>>>>>Royal Palm Classic, Fort.Myers Beach, FL
    Results>>>>>>tied for 5th, ended in 6th Tall class.
    Second NPC Men's Physique Show: May 17th 2014>>>>>>>>Naples Bonita Classic, Naples, FL
    Results>>>>>>1st in class and Overall
    Follow my journey to build a classic physique on Instagram: tbalan FB: Thomas Balan

PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000) PostOfficeRus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Layne is a beast.

Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bearox will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm interested in taking my bodybuilding to the next level and to start competiting, currently natural but I am willing todo what it takes to try reac h the goal in mind of IFBB mens physique

Can anyone point me in the right direction or recommend someone on Bodyspace I should try get in touch with?

EDIT: I have been training for neally 3 years

maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100) maxcabral is not very well liked. (-100)
    Awesome layne, mad respect.

This will come in handy in 8 weeks

Dustin216 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this thread still active?

jamezax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wonder... Is this thread still alive?
    Be The Best You Can !!!!

Leeps83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can't wait to try this for peak week even though my show isn't until August. I'm going to do a practice run before hand (once I am lean enough) and will post pics. I'm so relieved that I don't have to go through drastic measures--besides none of that ever made sense.

DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) DompDiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    On show day would it be ok to have chicken instead of the sirloin steak? Also how important is it to have a protein bar with glycerol in it?
    Instagram - @nickdompierre
    Twitter - @nickdompierre
    ********.com/nickdompierre
    poliquingroup.com

LET IT RIP!

AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AceHigh03 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great thread ...lots of good information in here.
    lol

FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) FistoTheSexbot is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Breaking news, Jason Blaha confirmed guest next episode !

mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mexr69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    awesome layne thanks once again!
    Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    We filmed this the week of the Olympia in Vegas so I was in between shows. We put a lot of work into these so I hope you guys like them and they are helpful

SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50) SkinnyTina will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just read through all of the pages and you guys are SO helpful. Thank you!

prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) prakash1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've spent all weekend reading you and Dr. Joe's work..you are both so knowledgeable and amazing.

garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm 8 weeks into my prep and things are going well. My calories are up at 3700 on high days and 2600 on low days (rest days) and I'm consistently dropping. I have a cheat meal every so often if things are moving a little too fast. On Sunday which is my 3700 leg day I decided to have a post workout pizza as my cheat, the rest of the foods were as per my plan and my carbs for the day totalled up to 500g.
    The next day I woke up 2kgs heavier, mostly water and muscle glycogen I'm assuming but the fullness was unreal. I looked fuller than I have ever looked through this prep, more so than with my 500g carb day with "clean foods" .
    Have you any idea why I'm looking better on 500g of carbs with pizza vs 500g of "clean food" carbs?
    Also the pump when I worked out the next day was far superior.

Now I'm thinking about bringing a pizza into my carb load a few day before game day. Thoughts?
    trying my hardest for that summer ripped look

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sodium and fat is what brings it
    Originally Posted by garysullivan83 View Post
    I'm 8 weeks into my prep and things are going well. My calories are up at 3700 on high days and 2600 on low days (rest days) and I'm consistently dropping. I have a cheat meal every so often if things are moving a little too fast. On Sunday which is my 3700 leg day I decided to have a post workout pizza as my cheat, the rest of the foods were as per my plan and my carbs for the day totalled up to 500g.
    The next day I woke up 2kgs heavier, mostly water and muscle glycogen I'm assuming but the fullness was unreal. I looked fuller than I have ever looked through this prep, more so than with my 500g carb day with "clean foods" .
    Have you any idea why I'm looking better on 500g of carbs with pizza vs 500g of "clean food" carbs?
    Also the pump when I worked out the next day was far superior.

Now I'm thinking about bringing a pizza into my carb load a few day before game day. Thoughts?
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garysullivan83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You think it's just that? My fat is over 100g on normal high days and my sodium is always high. I salt, season and cover most foods with low calorie sauces.
    Either way, I want this fullness on stage day. Previous loads haven't filled me out this much and the 3 times I've competed ive spilled each time 🙈
    I was planning on front loading this time with moderate/low carbs the day before and on the day. Not sure if I was to add the pizza if it would be two days or the day before.
    trying my hardest for that summer ripped look

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely test your protocol out before you do it. Front loading is a good conservative approach to play it safe since you spilled 3 times. I would try that. The only thing is you won't get super compensation but I would rather be safe than sorry. I front loaded for 1 contest last year. It worked well. I could have come in better conditioned.
    Originally Posted by garysullivan83 View Post
    You think it's just that? My fat is over 100g on normal high days and my sodium is always high. I salt, season and cover most foods with low calorie sauces.
    Either way, I want this fullness on stage day. Previous loads haven't filled me out this much and the 3 times I've competed ive spilled each time ��
    I was planning on front loading this time with moderate/low carbs the day before and on the day. Not sure if I was to add the pizza if it would be two days or the day before.
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast