ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How does my Chicken and Rice cutting diet sound??

I know people will say i should be bulking but i started at 111lbs and am now at 167lbs in 1 year 6 months. I have put on a lot of fat.

This is my cutting diet, every chicken and rice meal consists of 90g of brown rice with 125g of chicken two table spoons of mixed veg and one tea spoon of good oil (rich in omega 3)

7:30am Two weetabix and protein shake

10am Chicken and Rice meal

1pm Chicken and Rice meal

3pm Protein Shake and one rice cracker

5pm Chicken and Rice meal

6pm Protein Shake (pre workout)

8pm Protein Shake (post workout)

8:15pm Chicken and Rice meal

10:30 Casien Shake.

I also take Multi and Omega's with most meals and drink only water.

Sound OK for a beginner?? Am i eating too many carbs??

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup. If thats what ya wanna eat and how often you wanna eat....go for it.

Could get boring though.

Just need your total cals and macros too.
    Last edited by PBateman2; 03-23-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

king of the nutmisc johnpagnolo's Avatar
    johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnpagnolo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looks great man. too much fat though.

I think you should try this guys diet next

good luck with your cut!

HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50) HautsdeSeine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You will get bored very quickly with that kind of diet.
    Workout Filosofy :

"Never Back Down , Never Quit"

Bodybuilding is nothing more nothing less than a state of mind

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ELDRAW44 View Post
    I know people will say i should be bulking but i started at 111lbs and am now at 167lbs in 1 year 6 months. I have put on a lot of fat.

This is my cutting diet, every chicken and rice meal consists of 90g of brown rice with 125g of chicken two table spoons of mixed veg and one tea spoon of good oil (rich in omega 3)

7:30am Two weetabix and protein shake

10am Chicken and Rice meal

1pm Chicken and Rice meal

3pm Protein Shake and one rice cracker

5pm Chicken and Rice meal

6pm Protein Shake (pre workout)

8pm Protein Shake (post workout)

8:15pm Chicken and Rice meal

10:30 Casien Shake.

I also take Multi and Omega's with most meals and drink only water.

Sound OK for a beginner?? Am i eating too many carbs??
    Too many shakes (unnecessary)

Diet is bland and boring.

Eating that often is absolutely unnecessary (although its up top you).

You have provided no daily macros so any advice would be trivial.

Start by reading the stickies at the top of the Nutrition forum to calculate your daily macro/cal needs. Then fill said needs with foods you will actually ENJOY eating. There are no "magic bodybuilding foods".
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ELDRAW44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    Yup. If thats what ya wanna eat and how often you wanna eat....looks golden to me.

Just need your total cals and macros too.
    Thanks bro ill try and work out the cals and macros.

Originally Posted by johnpagnolo View Post
    looks great man. too much fat though.

I think you should try this guys diet next

good luck with your cut!
    Great vid lol,

i heard i should have fat with every meal, is one teaspoon of oil too much?

Originally Posted by HautsdeSeine View Post
    You will get bored very quickly with that kind of diet.
    Its not that bad actually, im on my 3rd week now, having the same every time makes it very easy to cook for a week and freeze.

Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Too many shakes (unnecessary)

Diet is bland and boring.

Eating that often is absolutely unnecessary (although its up top you).

You have provided no daily macros so any advice would be trivial.

Start by reading the stickies at the top of the Nutrition forum to calculate your daily macro/cal needs. Then fill said needs with foods you will actually ENJOY eating. There are no "magic bodybuilding foods".
    Im only getting about 200g of protein from that diet with shakes, i dont think thats too much?

should i not be eating every few hours to stop muscle loss??

bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000) bixbysnyder is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd probably kill myself if I were forced to follow that. That being said, I mean, it'll probably fit your needs...

Also, how often you eat doesn't have anything to do with anything.

Originally Posted by bixbysnyder View Post
    I'd probably kill myself if I were forced to follow that. That being said, I mean, it'll probably fit your needs...

Also, how often you eat doesn't have anything to do with anything.
    Eating protein often will give you a steady stream of amino acids which will help with protein synthesis and maintain as much muscle as possible...this is what ive always believed anyway, i could be wrong?

braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im only getting about 200g of protein from that diet with shakes, i dont think thats too much?

Shakes are not neccesary. They are just liquid forms of food. What I usually tell people is to lose the shakes and eat real food, but in your case, I would actually prefer a shake to counter the chicken/rice party you got going on.

Also, 200g of protein from shakes alone?

And no, the notion to eat every few hours to stop muscle loss is a ridiculous and unfounded myth, perpetuated by misinformed people.

Eat more fat. Eat more enjoyable/delicious food. Calculate your macros/cals and fill them with food you enjoy.
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Eating protein often will give you a steady stream of amino acids which will help with protein synthesis and maintain as much muscle as possible...this is what ive always believed anyway, i could be wrong?
    You are wrong.

Please read this http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 before going any further.

Shakes are not neccesary. They are just liquid forms of food. What I usually tell people is to lose the shakes and eat real food, but in your case, I would actually prefer a shake to counter the chicken/rice party you got going on.

Also, 200g of protein from shakes alone?

And no, the notion to eat every few hours to stop muscle loss is a ridiculous and unfounded myth, perpetuated by misinformed people.

Eat more fat. Eat more enjoyable/delicious food. Calculate your macros/cals and fill them with food you enjoy.
    no sorry, 200g from the food and shakes. I will work out my macros and try different foods, thanks!

phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) phillycheese92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    brotastic mealplan

You are wrong.

Please read this http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981 before going any further.
    Not trying to argue but she says "The calorie expenditure associated with eating.... REGARDLESS of what myths you have been told - this is NOT dependent on MEAL FREQUENCY"

She is talking about total calories in a 24hr period i.e if you eat more calories than you burn you will gain weight. She does not comment on protein synthesis.
    Last edited by ELDRAW44; 03-23-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Not trying to argue but she says "The calorie expenditure associated with eating.... REGARDLESS of what myths you have been told - this is NOT dependent on MEAL FREQUENCY"

She is talking about total calories in a 24hr period i.e if you eat more calories than you burn you will gain weight. She does not comment on protein synthesis.
    Ok pal. This is the point at which I stop trying to help. Good luck.

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    looks good bro, make sure u add a multi and lift heavy.

matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    lol'd

also i lol'd at the OP. when you give up and binge in about 3 weeks post a thread of what you ate. im interested to see what somebody who literally eats nothing but chicken, rice, shakes, and oil would go for.
    "I wish people trained their brains with the same passion they are training their biceps." - Juliacheh

"you dont want a lot of simple carbs because it increases estrogen levels in your body. unless you eat them right after you workout. estrogen will quicken the uptake of protein and it repleneshes glycogen levels in your muscles!" -GOMDpls

Ok pal. This is the point at which I stop trying to help. Good luck.
    Like i said not trying to argue and thanks for your help but there are tons or articles on this site telling the importance of protein every three hours, just wondering why you think different?

Originally Posted by matthew3881 View Post
    lol'd

also i lol'd at the OP. when you give up and binge in about 3 weeks post a thread of what you ate. im interested to see what somebody who literally eats nothing but chicken, rice, shakes, and oil would go for.
    lol im on my 3rd week now and will keep going for about another 6 weeks. I will try and not binge, i just crave milk, marmite and hot cross buns at the moment

Like i said not trying to argue and thanks for your help but there are tons or articles on this site telling the importance of protein every three hours, just wondering why you think different?
    Ok, I am going to try to help you one more time ONLY because once upon a time (long ago) I used to believe the same bro-science nonsense about meal timing, and it took some regulars on this forum as well as my own knowledge of biophysiology to set me in the right path.

Read this: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

And if that is not enough evidence for you, read these:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11319656

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19943985

Start doing your own research into these things bro. Get your head in the game.

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think it looks like a risky plan. You'll probably have micronutrient deficiencies from a complete lack of variety in your plan, and I predict binging.

But, I could be wrong, and good luck.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Iseaadinosaur has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should probably cut down the carbs and up your protein to 1.5-2x your lean BW.
    Up the fats too, probably 1 tablespoon of olive oil/ fish oil/organic butter every meal

Dont only eat check lol, you'll probably develop an allergy to chicken very soon, then your ****ed.

matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) matthew3881 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Iseaadinosaur View Post
    You should probably cut down the carbs and up your protein to 1.5-2x your lean BW.
    Up the fats too, probably 1 tablespoon of olive oil/ fish oil/organic butter every meal

Dont only eat check lol, you'll probably develop an allergy to chicken very soon, then your ****ed.
    i see ur new to the forums, so i will refrain from being a jerk, but please stop posting advice to others if u dont know what ur talking about
    "I wish people trained their brains with the same passion they are training their biceps." - Juliacheh

"you dont want a lot of simple carbs because it increases estrogen levels in your body. unless you eat them right after you workout. estrogen will quicken the uptake of protein and it repleneshes glycogen levels in your muscles!" -GOMDpls

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where do these people come from

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You have to have some minor variety. Personally, I've given myself a challenge to eat the same thing everyday. But my "gimme" is that each meal is varied.

Meal 1 - 4 eggs, 1 cup of oatmeal, 1/4 cup of cheese (made into a oatmeal omelet w/ Franks) w/ a protein shake/coffee blend
    Meal 2 - Tortilla turkey roll up
    Meal 3 - Large bowl (don't remember the exact numbers) of a 15-bean beef stew I made
    Meal 4 - 2 cups of pasta with a 6 ounce diced chicken and 1 cup of steamed veggies, dressed with a homemade mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, and dijon mustard

I will be premaking the stew (sectioned into pre-measured containers), the diced chicken, and the dressing the day before I start this one week challenge. I don't have the numbers with me right now, but this is something I will start on April 1st (no pun intended). If it works, I'll try for two weeks the following month. My final goal will be to be able to do this for an entire month. Why bother, you ask? Why not? It is a test of my willpower.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...