arod10gq has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry why can't I lose the damn body fat around my waist?!

Ok so I'm in pretty good shape now i lost about 20lbs i'm 5'9 180 pretty built on chest, shoulders, arms, legs, but my abs are lagging behind... i did a low carb diet and took some oxyelite and i did great i'm toning up pretty good but i just can't get to tighten my waist area... i'm still somewhat on the low carb diet but i feel like i don't have energy to work out if i dont eat... i'm not doing as much cardio as i should but i do run at least once or twice a week and i run for 3 to 6 miles and my pace is about 8'30 a mile i take preworkout supplements and recovery supplements... haven't tried whey protein but i'm about to start... do you guys think that will help or what is going on??? i really dont want to lose anymore weight i just want to tighten up that area... tips please... and also if i violated any rules or anything please be kind with me its the first time i post in this place and it is just so overwhelming with information.

Thanks!!!

tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you havent got the energy to work out your not eating enough i think you should address this first
    ♡♡♡UKGB♡♡♡ WWE Misc Faction of the year!!! As voted by you

You're either with us or against us either way all your end of year awards are belong to us

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It sounds like you still need to drop bodyfat (to tighten up, as you put it) but it also sounds like you're having energy issues and it could be a number of things (sleep, carb intake too low, calorie deficit too low, etc)

I am curious about the following:

What is your current calorie intake and do you know your breakdown of prot/fat/carb in grams?

What is your maintenance level for calories?

Are you losing weight over the past 3-4 weeks?
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Originally Posted by SideSteal View Post
    It sounds like you still need to drop bodyfat (to tighten up, as you put it) but it also sounds like you're having energy issues and it could be a number of things (sleep, carb intake too low, calorie deficit too low, etc)

I am curious about the following:

What is your current calorie intake and do you know your breakdown of prot/fat/carb in grams?

What is your maintenance level for calories?

Are you losing weight over the past 3-4 weeks?
    what's up sidesteal, yeah man still learning the lingo i guess haha anyhow yeah i need to lose the body fat around my waist. I just want to get real lean. Honestly, i'm not too good at keeping a good nutrition log but my diet consists of eggs, turckey links and bacon and two hard eggs in the am (it's always the same, because that;s all they have... i'm in the military and deployed to afg so I just get to eat whatever they have for us) and for lunch i'm eating salads with dressing, various kinds of vegetables, i stay away from corn and potatoes and things of the like, i stay away from pastas unless there's nothing else to eat, and I eat a lot of meat i.e. chicken, beef, pork and when all else fails fish. dinner is pretty much the same as lunch whatever meat is available and i pair it up with veggies. as far as drinks i only drink water and coffee, black
    ... i cheat at least once a week with chocolate ice cream

I'd like to think i'm getting enough sleep i'm getting a good 7 to 8 hours of sleep and i'm working out 4-5 days a week.

i stopped losing weight about a month ago i've been able to maintain myself at 180.

i think i;m doing all the right things is just that i cant get rid of that body fat

Originally Posted by tanajerner View Post
    if you havent got the energy to work out your not eating enough i think you should address this first
    thanks tanjerner, but read my reply to sidesteal, i'd like to believe i'm eating right.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by arod10gq View Post

I just want to get real lean.

i'm not too good at keeping a good nutrition log
    Unfortunately those two statements probably say it all.

You look pretty darn good now. Those last few pounds of body fat are going to take some serious control of nutrition. Maybe you are not in a good position to do that now.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000) SideSteal is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    Unfortunately those two statements probably say it all.

You look pretty darn good now. Those last few pounds of body fat are going to take some serious control of nutrition. Maybe you are not in a good position to do that now.
    I was just going to say that without knowing specifics about your diet, it's going to be hard to give advice as to the next step. In short though, I agree with the above.

You're already in decent shape. Step it up a notch in the nutrition department and you'll probably be able to push things further.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160275721&pagenumber=

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    To be 5'9 180 lbs with 10% body fat (abbs) would require you to have 164 lbs of lean body mass. That would be an extremely muscular person. Not out of the realm of possibility but not really likely unless you have been lifting for years. Knowing this, you probably have a few lbs to go on your cut. Since you like Keto maybe you should try carb cycling to get back some of the lost energy and drop those last few lbs?

Scratch the first part I looked at your picture.... you are very lean now. It may be time to look at some stubborn fat solutions like Carb Cycling or UD2. Good Job!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Electricheadd View Post
    To be 5'9 180 lbs with 10% body fat (abbs) would require you to have 164 lbs of lean body mass. That would be an extremely muscular person. Not out of the realm of possibility but not really likely unless you have been lifting for years. Knowing this, you probably have a few lbs to go on your cut.
    ^ That.

If you really want abs, you'll likely have to cut much lower than you ever anticipated. We all tend to overestimate our muscle mass and underestimate our body fat percentages. Until you bite the bullet and take the plunge, you'll never know what your "lean" weight is. For the record, I never thought I'd dip below 150 ... and at my lowest I likely still had a couple of pounds to go before I'd be solidly single digits.

Moral of the story? Most people have more fat on their bodies than they'd like to admit ... and you never what your lean weight will be until you bother to get there.

Edit: and ps, if you're like most guys, body fat around waist and lower back is the last place to go.
    Last edited by msm00b; 03-23-2011 at 12:46 PM.

CBM1973 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Direction.

Hello, I am at a wall in my routine and really need some guidance on my diet and routine. For the past 6 months I have managed to drop 50 lbs and out on a few pounds of lean muscle but I have hit a wall. I would be amazed to make it under 300 but I am having so much trouble getting under 310. I am 6 ft 4 315 and at about 28%. my workout schedule was set up by a couple body building friends and a trainer with a degree in exercise science. My trainer has abandoned me and moved away lol and I have a general idea of how to do things. My workout schedule is M : Chest & Back W: Legs & Shoulders and F : Arms and abs. in which case I encorporate 25 minutes every MWF on the treadmill at 4.5 speed and 4% incline For Cardio. My calorie intake is 2200 on non lift days and 2600-2800 on lift days which I try to stay with a 35/30/35 base. It consists of turkey fish 4-6 servings of veggies and stuff of that nature. I need help building a routine to lose the weight around midsection and chest, since i have good bulk. Please let me know if anyone has any program that would fit this schedule to force my way through this barrier. Any Help would be appreciated greatly.

Dreamchasers Anonymous loseitall90210's Avatar
    loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50) loseitall90210 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tiz becuz you need to drop more of dafatz! keep cuttin.

same ****e happeneninz to meez!
    March 1st -June 1st Weight Loss:
    3-2: 226 | 3-9:223 | 3-16: 219 | 3-23: 215.5 | 3-30: 215 | Month Total: 11 POUNDS
    4-6: 212 | 4-13: 211 | 4-20: 208 | 4-27: 203.5 | Month Total: 8.5 POUNDS
    5-4: 200.5 | 5-11: xxx | 5-18: xxx | 5-25: xxx | Month Total:
    Final Weigh-in | 6-1: xxx

“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

“Great minds have purposes; little minds have wishes. Little minds are subdued by misfortunes; great minds rise above them.”

jaggedendz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by arod10gq View Post
    Ok so I'm in pretty good shape now i lost about 20lbs i'm 5'9 180 pretty built on chest, shoulders, arms, legs, but my abs are lagging behind... i did a low carb diet and took some oxyelite and i did great i'm toning up pretty good but i just can't get to tighten my waist area... i'm still somewhat on the low carb diet but i feel like i don't have energy to work out if i dont eat... i'm not doing as much cardio as i should but i do run at least once or twice a week and i run for 3 to 6 miles and my pace is about 8'30 a mile i take preworkout supplements and recovery supplements... haven't tried whey protein but i'm about to start... do you guys think that will help or what is going on??? i really dont want to lose anymore weight i just want to tighten up that area... tips please... and also if i violated any rules or anything please be kind with me its the first time i post in this place and it is just so overwhelming with information.

Thanks!!!

Maybe you should try a calorie and carb reload day. Eat more for one day than you typicaly do and jack up your carbs for the day. Then go back to your low carb meals the following days. This approach seems to get my fat burning going again.

Morlly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i can feel your pain,i have my say a helpless...... but i make a pair of matter of appearance.
    Not to worry. Everything will be all right.
    http://mellowmayo.blogspot.com

Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How to lose fat around hips?!

I am 114lbs, 5ft2 and 20% body fat. The last 4 weeks I haven't lost any inches on my hips but continue to lose on my waist? I have been carb cycling for the last 2 weeks as I am on week 11 of Jamie Eason's live fit programme. The results have been great I just can't seem to improve on my hips! Any tips please on reducing body fat? I go to the gym 5-6 times a week weight training and cardio.

Thanks

Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tyrantax is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jordan154 View Post
    I am 114lbs, 5ft2 and 20% body fat. The last 4 weeks I haven't lost any inches on my hips but continue to lose on my waist? I have been carb cycling for the last 2 weeks as I am on week 11 of Jamie Eason's live fit programme. The results have been great I just can't seem to improve on my hips! Any tips please on reducing body fat? I go to the gym 5-6 times a week weight training and cardio.

Thanks
    Sounds like you're doing great in the weight-loss department, keep going like you are now.
    Women tend to store the most stubborn fat in the hips and thighs.
    Eventually your hips will be leaner.
    straight edge
    Squat: 325lbs x 10 (22.09.2015)
    Deadlift: 330lbs x 2 x 1 (18.05.2015)
    Bench: 192 lbs x 10 (7.12.2015)
    Norwegian master race crew
    Nose chiseled by the Gods
    *Facial aesthetics in training*
    My 5 month transformation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167891961&p=1370963521#post1370963521

Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan154 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you! I know it's just really frustrating when your trying really hard. I guess consistency is key!

Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000) Edman316 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    ^ That.

If you really want abs, you'll likely have to cut much lower than you ever anticipated. We all tend to overestimate our muscle mass and underestimate our body fat percentages. Until you bite the bullet and take the plunge, you'll never know what your "lean" weight is. For the record, I never thought I'd dip below 150 ... and at my lowest I likely still had a couple of pounds to go before I'd be solidly single digits.

Moral of the story? Most people have more fat on their bodies than they'd like to admit ... and you never what your lean weight will be until you bother to get there.

Edit: and ps, if you're like most guys, body fat around waist and lower back is the last place to go.
    My experience has been the same.

I started at 246 lbs at 5'8" in August of 2014.

I keep lowering my target weight. My first weight loss goal was 185 lbs. I'm 159 lbs today - 87 pounds down and I still have a little fat on my abs. My wife keeps asking - "Aren't you done losing weight?" - She doesn't understand that I am trying to to hit the 9-10% body fat range. I keep telling her it's not about weight. I am cutting fat to have abs and increased muscle definition.