Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Keto Cut to 185....For the Last Time.

3/23/11 TNT Plan A Week 1 214 lbs

I've been on and off Keto a few times with great success, but I eventually stop and gain back a good bit of the weight I've lost. It has nothing to do with putting on weight because I stopped Keto, it has to do with me saying f_ck it, quitting my workouts and eating garbage for 6 months.

Back in the day (2007) I was about 250 lbs. At the beginning of last fall I dropped to my all time low of 190 lbs. Of course this was due to moving out of my house, depression, smoking and not eating for two months.

At this point I have everything squared away and am ready to move on. I am currently following Keto (TNT) and am working on not cheating myself any more. I have always been in a hurry to lose weight and haven't really changed my lifestyle. I currently have the focus and know that I can reach my goals. I'm also using Fitday to keep a relatively accurate reading on my macros.

brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50) brentbonifasold will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    best wishes!! you know, a good thing to do is put up before pics and then post progress pics every few weeks or so, this keeps people coming back to your thread, and helps motivate yourself knowing that people wanna see you progress!!

yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10) yabbyshmabby is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by brentbonifas View Post
    best wishes!! you know, a good thing to do is put up before pics and then post progress pics every few weeks or so, this keeps people coming back to your thread, and helps motivate yourself knowing that people wanna see you progress!!
    I have a basic before pic on my bodyspace, but I will start taking progress pics. I wish I could find my "Original" pics from 3 years ago...... You're right, it's extremely motivational.

The link below is a picture that I took last night 3/23/11. I'm currently 214 lbs and working my way towards 185.

http://imagecdn.bodybuilding.com/img...06TTf0284.jpeg

I had a great workout last night and am looking forward to keeping this progress rolling.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by yabbyshmabby View Post
    3/23/11 TNT Plan A Week 1 214 lbs

I've been on and off Keto a few times with great success, but I eventually stop and gain back a good bit of the weight I've lost. It has nothing to do with putting on weight because I stopped Keto, it has to do with me saying f_ck it, quitting my workouts and eating garbage for 6 months.

Back in the day (2007) I was about 250 lbs. At the beginning of last fall I dropped to my all time low of 190 lbs. Of course this was due to moving out of my house, depression, smoking and not eating for two months.

At this point I have everything squared away and am ready to move on. I am currently following Keto (TNT) and am working on not cheating myself any more. I have always been in a hurry to lose weight and haven't really changed my lifestyle. I currently have the focus and know that I can reach my goals. I'm also using Fitday to keep a relatively accurate reading on my macros.
    i found that eating a lot of saturated fats really helped me control eating and helped lessen the craving for carbs. i don't what it is about them, but saturated fats was key for me. eating 80/20 angus burgers 3 times a day helped me out as well

good luck and don't give up on your goals.

Originally Posted by rob2093124 View Post
    i found that eating a lot of saturated fats really helped me control eating and helped lessen the craving for carbs. i don't what it is about them, but saturated fats was key for me. eating 80/20 angus burgers 3 times a day helped me out as well

good luck and don't give up on your goals.
    Thanks!

Actually, one of the things I like doing is buying a whole strip loin for about $50-$60. I break it down into about 12-14 strip steaks. I actually followed Keto for 2 years straight and had great results. Fat is a must for me in order to keep me "full". I eat a decent amount of red meat and I love rotisserie chickens.

rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rob2093124 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks!

Actually, one of the things I like doing is buying a whole strip loin for about $50-$60. I break it down into about 12-14 strip steaks. I actually followed Keto for 2 years straight and had great results. Fat is a must for me in order to keep me "full". I eat a decent amount of red meat and I love rotisserie chickens.
    o yea. only thing i crave now is my next meal. which is usually a 80/20 burger lol. chicken never did it for me, but i do eat some almost every other day. rotisserie especially

You need the skin and dark meat.....white meat doesn't provide enough energy. I make chicken and tuna salad with mayo and eat it off Romaine leaves quite a bit as well. Not sure how long you've been on Keto, but one thing that happened with me after about a year on was that I had to make myself eat. I ended up never being hungry. It was a struggle to eat even 1500 calories/day.

oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000) oats_addict is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ill be keeping my eye on this, good luck bro
    140bpm all day every day

Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    Ill be keeping my eye on this, good luck bro
    Thanks. The more eyes that are on it, the more motivation it will give me, which is also why I posted the pic.

I took the night off last night. My schedule with my kids has changed up. I'm very excited because they will be with me Monday-Friday for the next three weeks, rather than Tuesday's and weekends. I will have to get my workouts in and figure out a creative way to knock them out. Tonight is a circuit night. Maybe it's just me, but when I work out I do not like talking with anyone. I do my best to concentrate on form and I don't allow myself an "easy" workout. My efforts are focused on full exertion and perfect form. It's tough when I'm in the middle of a set of pushups and my daughter ends up on the floor in front of me going "Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy Daddy". It's also difficult for me to take away from the time I'd rather be spending with them, but I guess that ultimately adding years to my life will allow me to spend much more time.

Funny story....My son (8 years old) wrestled this past winter. He loved it and had a great time. Thursday morning I got out of the shower, came out into the living room and he was watching Phineas and Ferb while doing pushups. If you have kids and want them to exercise, pushup bars are great! Every time either of my kids see them, they pull them into the center of the floor and start banging out pushups. It's much more fun than putting your hands on the floor and doing them the old fashioned way.

The weekend went very well. I hit the grocery store on Sunday, which is always one of my favorite things to do. Friday night I hit a solid Full body Circuit and did some abs. I took Saturday off and then hit it hard on Sunday with Pullups, Abs and Cardio.

All of my workouts are done at home. I do not have a bench or extremely heavy weights. My weight workouts consist of circuits....approximately 7 exercises with zero rest between sets. After one complete circuit, I rest for one minute and then I start the next circuit. I love the anaerobic affect that it has on my body. Also, my cardio is typically HIIT. I know that a lot of you would suggest that I join a gym and move heavy weight. Unfortunately, I am a single Dad and do not have the opportunity to cut loose and get to a gym. Eventually, once the kids are older and can hang out at home, I will join a gym.

I think I actually figured out a schedule so I can pick up the kids after work, workout, make dinner, hook up baths/showers and still have an hour to horse around with the kiddos before bed time. I successfully pulled it off last night and I think I can continue. What a relief! This is one of those things that eat me because I'm the type of person to lose motivation. Clearly that's why I started this Keto log.

I got a good workout in last night. I don't think I mentioned this, but I started another 52 Day Challenge on the Men's Health forums (if you lack motivation it's a good place to go with a good group of guys....and girls). Along with the challenge I entered a separate 15,000 rep challenge. Basically, along with my other resistance and cardio goals, it has made this challenge a bear. Completing 15,000 reps of resistance exercises in 52 days is quite a tall order. Luckily, my circuit workouts are keeping me in the hunt. I should be able to hit my goal by May 5th.

Thank frickin' goodness. The scale finally started moving a little. When I initially started Keto in 2007 I started dropping lbs like crazy. This time around it's going very very slowly. Slow is okay....I'm just an impatient prick.

I was on the road for work today and had plans to stop and grab lunch between meetings. My first ran late and I literally had to speed in order to make the second one on time. I had a lovely lunch of beef jerky and a handful of cashews. I didn't bring anything to snack on at work either so dinner tonight can't come any faster.

I was on the road for work today and had plans to stop and grab lunch between meetings. My first ran late and I literally had to speed in order to make the second one on time. I had a lovely lunch of beef jerky and a handful of cashews. I didn't bring anything to snack on at work either so dinner tonight can't come any faster.
    just throw the macros you missed into your next meal. all good. sucks when you have to rush around like that. lots of stress builds up

LARGE Steak Salad tonight. Eff cooking.

Since my kids will be with their mom, I'm visiting my parents tonight and they're taking me to dinner. Wings! (Some kind of dinner right? Hell, I eat enough steak already and I'm actually excited) Of course they're not the garbage breaded kind.....just plain old naked wings with hot sauce...perfect for Keto. Yeah, my parents must really love me. I might wash them down with a couple Miller Lites....clearly not my typical stout, but....gotta make some sacrifices, right? Have to keep carbs limited. I'm not to the point yet where I'm carbing up on the weekends. It's going to be a while before I start.

Alright.....so, the scale isn't budging. Actually it went up to 216 this morning. I finally know that I have to cut out Coke Zero and Diet Coke for reals... Dammit! Alright...all water for me from now on. Well maybe i'll have a diet soft drink from time to time, but I can't have two/day any more. Gotta tighten the screws.

I just hit one of my personal goals the other day. I completed 30 straight pushups. Yeah, yeah, I know...that's weak....Well, it's an accomplishement for me. After this 52DC I'm going to complete the 100 pushup plan. By the end I should be able to knock out 100 straight pushups. I've also been working on my pullups as well but can only knock out 4 for my first set. My goal for the beginning of May was 8 but I don't think I'll get there. I'm not a gym member and I only have dumbbells, so I mostly perform bodyweight exercises and really don't push heavy weight....well, besides my body. :P

I've officially started into ketosis. My scale is slowly creeping lower and lower...not to mention the fact that I'm focusing on not drinking diet soda. Finally hit 212 this morning. The only reason I've been checking weight daily is because I want to make sure that I'm slowly cutting and into ketosis. Now that I know for sure it will be cut down to once/week.

Had a couple decent workouts this weekend. I've been working every night at home for the last couple weeks and it seems like it will continue for the next couple weeks as well. It hasn't affected my workouts but it has really cut into my Black Ops time.

I've hit all my workouts for the past three weeks but have been averaging about 70-80 of work as well. This is the time of year that I wish I wasn't a salaried employee. Anyways, I dropped to 211 this week. I've also hit about four meals that have consisted of Wendy's double junior bacon cheeseburgers.....without the bun of course. And I have to say that they're pretty damn tasty.

Alright......I NEED TO STOP DRINKING DIET SODA!!! My sweet tooth is getting the best of me. Which really means, I'm slacking the f_ck off and allowing myself to drink diet drinks when I should only have water. Of course, I only have a couple per day, but my body doesn't agree well to this sh!t and it slows my weightloss.

With that being said, weight loss isn't my primary goal. Changing my lifestyle is my primary goal here. The good thing is that I've hit 33 days and only cheated two meals. By cheating, I mean eating food that doesn't fall under the keto rules. I'm not at the point where I'm doing reloading days, so I count eating a garbage meal as cheating. for the most part my diet has been spot on.

On a positive note.......I haven't smoked for 6 weeks.

Last night was a well needed night off. Back at it this evening. Going to kick my a$$. I need to post progress pics soon.

i eat a double baconator once in a while. amazing

Dinner with the parents tonight. Sounds like ribeye to me. If it wasn't my b-day I probably would have opted out to just get some rest. Oh well, I'll get enough this weekend.....between workouts that is.

I reloaded this weekend. I guess it was partially planned, but not really. I maybe indulged a little bit. Either way I put on 5 lbs. I know that for the most part it's water retention. I'll hit it hard this week and keep up with my Keto plan and see if I want to carb up regularly or just keep carbs low for a while longer. Either way I know that I need to pay much more attention to my macros. I think I've been eating more than 2500 calories. I try not to count because I don't want my food intake to rule my life, but I think I need to pay more attention around dinner time.

jak3th3l3g3nd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I reloaded this weekend. I guess it was partially planned, but not really. I maybe indulged a little bit. Either way I put on 5 lbs. I know that for the most part it's water retention. I'll hit it hard this week and keep up with my Keto plan and see if I want to carb up regularly or just keep carbs low for a while longer. Either way I know that I need to pay much more attention to my macros. I think I've been eating more than 2500 calories. I try not to count because I don't want my food intake to rule my life, but I think I need to pay more attention around dinner time.
    Something that has helped me is an app on my phone. I used it for a while and now I pretty much know what is going into my body and don't rely on it a's much

lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lowcut82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Had a couple decent workouts this weekend. I've been working every night at home for the last couple weeks and it seems like it will continue for the next couple weeks as well. It hasn't affected my workouts but it has really cut into my Black Ops time.
    I make sure to give myself enough time in the day to fit some Call of Duty in. Now that I'm off the pre-contest diet, my cardio in the mornings usually consist of a good thumb workout before I start the day.

What are your macros like? Just curious. I'm new to the whole Keto diet, I know what it is and all, but I'm just trying to get an idea of what they look like because I am doing a project for a Nutrition course. Thanks and best of luck to you.