BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)

24 hour fitness trainers

Do you have to get your own clients?
    How much do they pay per hour?
    What does the avg 24 hour trainer make per year?

zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) zalesguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This type of work is the bottom of the profession. It is a must for some, just to get started, but if you have a choice, which is why I assume you are asking in the first place, then choice the other option. If you do not have a choice, plan an exit strategy and work for 24 hour as little as possible.
    Blood DIEmonds are not forever.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zalesguy View Post
    This type of work is the bottom of the profession. It is a must for some, just to get started, but if you have a choice, which is why I assume you are asking in the first place, then choice the other option. If you do not have a choice, plan an exit strategy and work for 24 hour as little as possible.
    He's not asking for himself... I'm not sure why he's asking but I AM sure that it's to preface some kind of moaning/whining/bitching about the industry.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000) TGates13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don't want to hijack this thread, however, this to me is a good question. I have a very good well paying full time job in the IT industry, but, I would like to start Personal Training part-time and will be done and hopefully have my NASM test passed by July. I was looking at 24 Hour Fitness as well due to the fact that I am there 4-5 nights a week anyways. I will probably never open my own studio or gym, but will try to stay part-time at a gym. I am looking at 24, Golds, Chuze (new chain in San Diego) and Crunch (opening this Summer). Any thoughts or comments both positive and negative are appreciated. I am not looking to start a bitch train though so please don't.

Tommy
    “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” -Mark Twain

Check out my Reviews and Log Links:

http://teamx13pt.blogspot.com/

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TGates13 View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread, however, this to me is a good question. I have a very good well paying full time job in the IT industry, but, I would like to start Personal Training part-time and will be done and hopefully have my NASM test passed by July. I was looking at 24 Hour Fitness as well due to the fact that I am there 4-5 nights a week anyways. I will probably never open my own studio or gym, but will try to stay part-time at a gym. I am looking at 24, Golds, Chuze (new chain in San Diego) and Crunch (opening this Summer). Any thoughts or comments both positive and negative are appreciated. I am not looking to start a bitch train though so please don't.

Tommy
    Getting your feet wet at any of those gyms is a great step towards a career as a trainer. The sheer volume of people you see alone will aid you in being versatile. And it'll help develop your people skills. Don't quit your day job though (no cliche-o)
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by keltron View Post
    he's not asking for himself... I'm not sure why he's asking but i am sure that it's to preface some kind of moaning/whining/bitching about the industry.
    lol

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Every 24hr is different regarding how much help you get with filling your schedule. That will depend on your manager. A smart trainer will be proactive and fill it themselves...that being said my manager loves to give me clients because she knows they will be happy.

Payscale in Texas:
    $7.50/hr when training + 12/17/22 % of the cost of the training session dependant on certifications. Averages between $12 and $20 and hour.

20% on all training packages sold. Another reason to be proactive and not wait for handouts. If you train 120 sessions a month you also get a 10% bonus based on training sales.

10-20% on all supplements sold.

Yearly income is dependant on what you are willing to put into it. I just did the math and after commissions I average about $23-25/hr.

For me not having to advertise, rent space, have insurance, hunt for clients, purchase equipment, travel around, etc....it's worth it. Everyone knows 24hr Fitness and it's a strong brand in the fitness world. I have a 5 minute commute each day and I make my own schedule. Not a bad gig.

If you suck as a trainer, can't keep clients, don't sell well, expect handouts, or don't want to work...you'll starve and get online and tell the world how bad it sucks to work there.
    The mind leads the body...get your head right and the body will follow

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

Originally Posted by kneedragger85 View Post
    Every 24hr is different regarding how much help you get with filling your schedule. That will depend on your manager. A smart trainer will be proactive and fill it themselves...that being said my manager loves to give me clients because she knows they will be happy.

Payscale in Texas:
    $7.50/hr when training + 12/17/22 % of the cost of the training session dependant on certifications. Averages between $12 and $20 and hour.

20% on all training packages sold. Another reason to be proactive and not wait for handouts. If you train 120 sessions a month you also get a 10% bonus based on training sales.

10-20% on all supplements sold.

Yearly income is dependant on what you are willing to put into it. I just did the math and after commissions I average about $23-25/hr.

For me not having to advertise, rent space, have insurance, hunt for clients, purchase equipment, travel around, etc....it's worth it. Everyone knows 24hr Fitness and it's a strong brand in the fitness world. I have a 5 minute commute each day and I make my own schedule. Not a bad gig.

If you suck as a trainer, can't keep clients, don't sell well, expect handouts, or don't want to work...you'll starve and get online and tell the world how bad it sucks to work there.
    thanks. so what percentage would you say were given to you by the mngr?23-25 an hr averaging 40 hrs a week?

kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kneedragger85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    thanks. so what percentage would you say were given to you by the mngr?
    Initially...100%

That doesn't last forever. 3 trainers have started since I did and they have all gotten 100% support as well.

I've gotten 3-4 new clients from management in the last month and a half. Most of my business comes from retention and just being seen on the floor. If you are good at what you do word travels FAST in the gym.

I average 25-30 hrs a week. I am a trophy husband.

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

Originally Posted by kneedragger85 View Post
    Initially...100%

That doesn't last forever. 3 trainers have started since I did and they have all gotten 100% support as well.

I've gotten 3-4 new clients from management in the last month and a half. Most of my business comes from retention and just being seen on the floor. If you are good at what you do word travels FAST in the gym.

I average 25-30 hrs a week. I am a trophy husband.
    so the mngr gave you 25 hrs worth of clients?

Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    so the mngr gave you 25 hrs worth of clients?
    Management gave me about 15hrs worth initially. I took the initiative to pick up another 4-6 on my own and then management had some people they wanted to have me train specifically so I got another 4-6. I have about 15 clients...most train twice a week, some three times, and a couple train once. It comes out to about 32 scheduled appts...but there are always cancellations.

If you come on and management has 25 hours worth of people needing a trainer...you're golden. If you come on and they have 2 hours worth...better get to working.

I am fortunate...I'm good at what I do and I love doing what I do. It shows in my clients results and my attitude everyday. I have zero anxiety about filling my schedule and don't wait for management to throw me a bone.

ACE CPT
    NFPT CPT
    NCSF CPT

Manstrife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Starting in late 2015, 24 Hour Fitness changed their compensation plan.
    The OLD compensation plan was: 20 percent commission on sales, hourly rate depended on you PT level, minimum wage for non session hours(floor time, making nutrition/workout plans, meetings etc.), and 5% bonus on sales if you trained 120 sessions a month(so if you sold 5000$ worth of training that month and hit 120 sessions you got an extra 250$ bonus).
    Based on an average of 65$/session and 7.25 minimum wage (Texas) this would be a trainers hourly wage
    PT level 1 made 12% of a session price plus minimum wage =15.05/hr PT Level 2 made 17% of a session price plus minimum wage =18.03/hr PT Level 3 made 23% of a session price plus minimum wage =22.20/hr Master Trainers made 27% of a session price plus minimum wage =24.8/hr
    Also PT1 means trained less than 750 sessions, PT2 is trained 750-1500 sessions, PT3 is 1500-2250, and Master Trainer is you trained more than 2500 sessions.
    You can start off at PT1, PT2, PT3 depending on how many certs you have. PT1=1 cert, PT2=2 certs, PT3=3 certs. then you have to train 750 sessions to get promoted to next PT level.
    Remember this was the OLD COMPENSTAION PLAN. It was pretty good not the best but if you worked hard you could make a decent pay.
    Now here is the NEW COMPENSATION PLAN.
    All trainers no matter what PT level they are will make 30% of the session price while training, 20% commission on sales, minimum wage for non session hours, and 5% bonus on sales if you trained 60 sessions a 2 week period(so if you sold 2000$ worth of training in that 2 weeks and trained 60 session you got 100$ bonus). except there is now a PRODUCTIVITY THRESHOLD of 9$/hr. so this means trainers now will have 9$ docked from their sales commission for every hour of non session time they spend on the clock.
    so at 65$/session all trianers make 19.5/hr no matter the PT Level. and minus 9$ and hour for every hour spent not training.
    the messed up thing is that 24 Hour Fitness policy states that for anything work related the individual must be clocked in. So making workout plans, calling leads, floor time, meetings, fitness consultations, or even going 1 minute over the 50 minute limit for a session is now minus 9$/hour from commission. And anyone who is or was a trainer knows how much time you have to put in when you first start off to get clients and business. it really angers me to see a company build a compensation plan that doesn't cater to building great trainers.
    Also there is no difference between the PT levels they all make the same 30% of a session, so there is no motivation to stay with the company long term.
    Luckily for me i got grandfathered in to the old plan but i keep on seeing new trainers at our club get hired and they barely last 2 months because the cannot make any decent money. The Fitness managers also do not fully explain the compensation plan to the new trainers which makes them frustrated when they find out the truth.
    I am not saying that you should not work at 24 Hour Fitness as a trainer but i feel that new trainers should be properly informed about how they get paid before they consider the job.

AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100) AxonTerminal is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Manstrife View Post
    Starting in late 2015, 24 Hour Fitness changed their compensation plan.
    The OLD compensation plan was: 20 percent commission on sales, hourly rate depended on you PT level, minimum wage for non session hours(floor time, making nutrition/workout plans, meetings etc.), and 5% bonus on sales if you trained 120 sessions a month(so if you sold 5000$ worth of training that month and hit 120 sessions you got an extra 250$ bonus).
    Based on an average of 65$/session and 7.25 minimum wage (Texas) this would be a trainers hourly wage
    PT level 1 made 12% of a session price plus minimum wage =15.05/hr PT Level 2 made 17% of a session price plus minimum wage =18.03/hr PT Level 3 made 23% of a session price plus minimum wage =22.20/hr Master Trainers made 27% of a session price plus minimum wage =24.8/hr
    Also PT1 means trained less than 750 sessions, PT2 is trained 750-1500 sessions, PT3 is 1500-2250, and Master Trainer is you trained more than 2500 sessions.
    You can start off at PT1, PT2, PT3 depending on how many certs you have. PT1=1 cert, PT2=2 certs, PT3=3 certs. then you have to train 750 sessions to get promoted to next PT level.
    Remember this was the OLD COMPENSTAION PLAN. It was pretty good not the best but if you worked hard you could make a decent pay.
    Now here is the NEW COMPENSATION PLAN.
    All trainers no matter what PT level they are will make 30% of the session price while training, 20% commission on sales, minimum wage for non session hours, and 5% bonus on sales if you trained 60 sessions a 2 week period(so if you sold 2000$ worth of training in that 2 weeks and trained 60 session you got 100$ bonus). except there is now a PRODUCTIVITY THRESHOLD of 9$/hr. so this means trainers now will have 9$ docked from their sales commission for every hour of non session time they spend on the clock.
    so at 65$/session all trianers make 19.5/hr no matter the PT Level. and minus 9$ and hour for every hour spent not training.
    the messed up thing is that 24 Hour Fitness policy states that for anything work related the individual must be clocked in. So making workout plans, calling leads, floor time, meetings, fitness consultations, or even going 1 minute over the 50 minute limit for a session is now minus 9$/hour from commission. And anyone who is or was a trainer knows how much time you have to put in when you first start off to get clients and business. it really angers me to see a company build a compensation plan that doesn't cater to building great trainers.
    Also there is no difference between the PT levels they all make the same 30% of a session, so there is no motivation to stay with the company long term.
    Luckily for me i got grandfathered in to the old plan but i keep on seeing new trainers at our club get hired and they barely last 2 months because the cannot make any decent money. The Fitness managers also do not fully explain the compensation plan to the new trainers which makes them frustrated when they find out the truth.
    I am not saying that you should not work at 24 Hour Fitness as a trainer but i feel that new trainers should be properly informed about how they get paid before they consider the job.
    That is one of the most ridiculous compensation plans I have ever seen

24 Hour Fitness has gone Wall Street on us