Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. In College, per day, how much time did you spend studying?
    2. What are some extra-curriculars I should go after if I want to get into finance/IB

Doctor of Broscience WickedMind's Avatar
    WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000) WickedMind is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What make you chose the IB route over the entrepreneurial route? With the hours you work now and experience you have it wouldn't be hard for you. I couldn't imagine working 100 hours a week for only 160k.

Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by iRate View Post
    Do you think it is worthwhile to pursue a CFA?

Can you suggest a minor that may be relevant to the industry? I'm currently looking at one of math, econ, or stats. Which one of those would be most useful or do you know if something else would be better?
    Check my previous post on CFA

Do a minor which you will be good at and have an interest in.

Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000) Temperature is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MHurricane View Post
    1. In College, per day, how much time did you spend studying?
    2. What are some extra-curriculars I should go after if I want to get into finance/IB
    I was never focused on studying, I have always been practical. I never read books and only studied when the time for exams came. I did put emphasis more on course work rather than exams. I prefer learning through case studies rather than having to go through an old boring text book

2. Finance/investing club, charity, entrepeneurship, investing in markets (set up a fake portfolio, sports, etc. Do something you have a passion in rather than just for the sake of it.

Cutting like Diamonds OmniscientCause's Avatar
    OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OmniscientCause is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good ish op...had an interview for a training program for an IB last week...I thought it went well but I guess I will have to wait and see.

I'm about to graduate and my only regret is choosing ecn over finance strictly because it was tougher on my gpa than finance...havent got less than an a- in a finance class...

reps for you tomorrow im on spread
    My Log:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117854711

Originally Posted by WickedMind View Post
    What make you chose the IB route over the entrepreneurial route? With the hours you work now and experience you have it wouldn't be hard for you. I couldn't imagine working 100 hours a week for only 160k.
    I have bigger dreams. My analyst program is merely my bootcamp to prepare me for something more interesting. The salary I am earning now is not something I am looking to earn in the future. I have a passion for investing. I am more speculative than accumulative so I am trying to follow my dream to work in a big credit fund. I like banking because its the best place to learn about finance and also meet people and have a solid network. Who knows, years down the line, I might come up with a business idea and I can call a few colleagues and ask them to invest in me.

TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good thread brother, i'm a med student and I still find this thread interesting

what kind of hormone disease do you have btw?
    I read about your gyno too, Im sorry
    I had a friend get surgery over some bitch tits cuz he didnt want ehm
    I know you probably hear this everyday, but you’re my biggest Inspiration
    I even stood by you when your claim of natty turned out to be a fabrication
    I got a folder full of your posts and your pictures man
    I like the s**t you did b4 Clive too, that s**t was thick. solid. tight
    Anyways, I hope you get this man, rep me back
    Just to Tinychat, truly yours, your biggest fan
    This is TheVM

ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ShevaSpeed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Why didn't you go into S&T, and become a trader instead of doing banking?

Originally Posted by TheVM View Post
    good thread brother, i'm a med student and I still find this thread interesting

what kind of hormone disease do you have btw?
    One of my good friends used to be a doctor but did a complete U-turn and joined the healthcare team. Now he works with hospitals, medical instrument companies, etc. and loves it.

I got some problem with my thyroid brah.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Temperature View Post
    Would respond in detail as possible (would be great if I can get out of red - got mod neg rep'd for liking Rebecca Black - Friday video but I only like the raping bit).

I work in Leveraged Finance - I raise high yield bonds, leveraged loans for companies and financial sponsors looking to buy-out companies. Closed many big transactions. Got 3 years of work experience and will be promoted to Associate. Used to work in M&A but moved 1.5 yrs ago.
    can i borrow your ferrari

MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50) MHurricane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    which careers in finance have a great work-life balance (at least 100k/year).

Originally Posted by ShevaSpeed View Post
    Why didn't you go into S&T, and become a trader instead of doing banking?
    Because IBD provides a better platform of learning financial modelling, financial analysis, deal execution/process - basically in IBD you have a chance to become all-rounded. You get involved in every aspect of the deal process. Sales is boring, you don't really need to learn the intrinsics of a company or know the deal properly, you just need to sell it to the client. Trading is too mechanical for me - just look at charts all day and get the best price for the client. Investment banking is more interesting and more challenging IMHO. Traders and Salespeople would differ but we all have our own opinion. Just depends on what you enjoy and what are you long-term ambitions.

Originally Posted by MHurricane View Post
    which careers in finance have a great work-life balance (at least 100k/year).
    Asset management IMHO offers the best work-life balance. Also hedge funds but its very hard to get in there without going through analyst program.

I gotta go now, will come back tomm for more.

Professional Miscer Strengthftw's Avatar
    Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Strengthftw is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How many people in your class moved into a completely unrelated field such as starting their own business or going to engineering or health care, compared to moving on to another position in finance such as PE?
    o

TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheVM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    One of my good friends used to be a doctor but did a complete U-turn and joined the healthcare team. Now he works with hospitals, medical instrument companies, etc. and loves it.
    was thinking about doing something like that, even took my GMAT and was about to apply for the HBS 2+2 program. (Was having some second doubts about the whole med school thing) Then I realized its tough in any field really. Hell who knows might still do something on the business side of medicine, I'm always being pulled in different directions cause I find a lot of stuff very interesting.

I got some problem with my thyroid brah.
    thats what i figure
    I read about your gyno too, Im sorry
    I had a friend get surgery over some bitch tits cuz he didnt want ehm
    I know you probably hear this everyday, but you’re my biggest Inspiration
    I even stood by you when your claim of natty turned out to be a fabrication
    I got a folder full of your posts and your pictures man
    I like the s**t you did b4 Clive too, that s**t was thick. solid. tight
    Anyways, I hope you get this man, rep me back
    Just to Tinychat, truly yours, your biggest fan
    This is TheVM

kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10) kingaesthetic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    LOL a thyroid problem, isnt that the standard fatty excuse? unless its really legit then damn

also, are you a virgin op? srs

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some places look at it that way. Bonuses can be looked at in many ways - also depends on level. You can't compare a bonus of a 3rd year analyst like me to a managing director who brings in millions of dollars - I am a small clog in the system. If i die today, no one will remember my name and they will find someone else to replace me. It all depends on performance of the bank, how much M&A/ECM/Levfin fees are brought in, compare that with last year, divide it by headcounts, etc. Headcounts is a key parameter when calculating bonuses. The less people you have, the more they will get paid from the general pool. But yeh, theres many ways to look at bonuses, some say % of salary, some say its own its own.
    so how much do you make? how much does someone normally make in this field? trying to compare to law.

USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) USC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kingaesthetic View Post
    LOL a thyroid problem, isnt that the standard fatty excuse? unless its really legit then damn

also, are you a virgin op? srs
    thyroid problems are hereditary, and legitimate, they can be life threatening
    .:Misc Cigar Crew:.
    .:Official Wristwatch Crew:.

michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelenzo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey man awesome thread, repped.

1. Do big firms in US hire top Canadian graduates? (ex. Ivey School of Business)

2. How do Canadian firm's payrate compare to US?

mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000) mfitty9000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pretty motivating, wow. No doubt you'll be CEO'in one day soon, strong professional work ethic, srs

JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JaxBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mirin work ethic.

But at what cost? 18 hours a day including weekends sounds horrible for anything under 200k. When do u ever get to enjoy anything in life?

drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good thread brah found some great resources from this thread.
    I really want to impress my boss this summer.
    What should a person do to be the best possible intern?

Misc Ceo, feels good man Scofield's Avatar
    Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Scofield is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is coming from an Aussie? My bank help raised billions for a leading Aussie mining company, which used the money to invest in Australia mining projects, which created jobs, which in turn helps GDP of Australia grow. Banks are part of the financial system. Sure they fuked up, but who doesn't?

Banks ****ing up ≠ any other industry ****ing up. Banking are probably the only industry that can cripple society. Therefore its pretty damn inexcusable.
    Bull****.

Banking has become so perverse that its affect on society is still a net negative. All that is needed from banking is to provide loans and a return for customers who provide the liquidity for those loans.

Brb speculating on commodities to defeat the securities original purpose
    Brb making ****ty loans, not a single **** given
    Brb pulling new financial products out of ass with no regard of consquences
    Brb risking nothing and getting bailed out when it all blows up
    Brb making the man on the street pay for it

Garbage man > Investment banker

And its not even close.

Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Madsen89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JaxBrah View Post
    But at what cost? 18 hours a day including weekends sounds horrible for anything under 200k. When do u ever get to enjoy anything in life?
    From an economic perspective, no amount of money is worth working 18 hours a day, because you have 0 leisure time to enjoy that money. OP probably wouldn't notice a difference past $150,000 anyways.

zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10) zennyDMT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    would a masters degree in computational finance help?

Originally Posted by Madsen89 View Post
    From an economic perspective, no amount of money is worth working 18 hours a day, because you have 0 leisure time to enjoy that money. OP probably wouldn't notice a difference past $150,000 anyways.

SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoftTings is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I wanted to get into IB but my GPA is only 3.6 (hopefully i will have it up by the time i graduate) and i don`t really do any extra curricular stuff. Its not that i don`t want to, i don`t have the time since while in school i work close to full time to pay for school, books, and partially support my family because my mom and dad make very little. Am i going to have to give up on the idea of getting an internship offer for full time job straight out of school and work into it by starting lower at a major bank, or is there some way i can use this to my advantage?

faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) faddy5624 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SoftTings View Post
    I wanted to get into IB but my GPA is only 3.6 (hopefully i will have it up by the time i graduate) and i don`t really do any extra curricular stuff. Its not that i don`t want to, i don`t have the time since while in school i work close to full time to pay for school, books, and partially support my family because my mom and dad make very little. Am i going to have to give up on the idea of getting an internship offer for full time job straight out of school and work into it by starting lower at a major bank, or is there some way i can use this to my advantage?
    Brah that work ethic is worth a lot more then any dumb club. Explain that to employers and they will be impressed.
    Heard you bought a new dvd player. Lets go for a drink and ill show you how to use it
    im korean so you know im good with electronics and eating pussy

~~~ Always pick n-1 crew ~~~

Originally Posted by USC View Post
    thyroid problems are hereditary, and legitimate, they can be life threatening
    no he's right - thyroid problems are the standard fatty excuse, but if he does have it that is a legit problem.

drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10) drew_c9 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SoftTings View Post
    Start making phone calls or emails to banks or employers you would potentially work for. Tell them what your interests are, and why you want to intern. It doesnt hurt to ask these people you never know what might happen.