Thread: Forearm pain.

Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Forearm pain.

Sorry if this isnt the correct section but here it goes.

Does anybody ever get that extremely sharp burning pain on the inside of your forearms when curling...kinda like your arm is gonna break?

If so can anybody give some information on that if possible...like is it nothing to worry about or should i take it easy.

Thank.
    When you least want to work is when you need it the most!

aikmanr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Does this happen at all weights or just very heavy? You should have a good burn if you're lifting heavy in curls.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Schalge77 View Post

Does anybody ever get that extremely sharp burning pain on the inside of your forearms when curling...kinda like your arm is gonna break?

If so can anybody give some information on that if possible...like is it nothing to worry about or should i take it easy.

Thank.
    Are you using BB or DB?

If the issue is present with DB's and the EZ bar as well, than you may need to allow the area to rest.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10) IMT44 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post626761423

i had this as well and did some reasarch and found out it is very common
    It would only bother me on flat BB curls, it got pretty bad to the point where the bone felt bruised for even days afterwards
    So the first thing i did was stop doing that
    The suggestions to replace it with DB curls and hammer curls worked well enough and did not cause me any pain. With the DB curls turn your wrists in slightly at like a 45 degree angle, apparently the cause of the pain is the akward strain on your wrists/grip from holding a flat BB at that angle.
    The next thing i found out from reading is people had reported solving this issue by doing more forearm work. At this point in my lifting "career" i had not done any direct forearm work, so i started implementing some reverse curls and close grip pullups into my routines.
    A few months later i went back to doing flat BB curls to see how it would feel and had no pain, have been doing them regularly since then and have no real issues (once in a blue moon i will still get some forearm pressure during my set but nothing that lasts past the workout anymore).
    These days I have more equipment to use now and rotate using an ez curl bar and DBs which im sure helps, but i did flat BB curls without pain for over a year after strengthening my forearms.

krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) krazyangel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's tendonitis, if ur other lifts don't hurt, then keep on going...but if it does stop. when u come back do hammer curls and ur good, i had it too btw

AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AdamDTX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    **MISC STRENGTH CREW**

Current Gym Lifts: 445/305/515
    205 for 2 strict standing OHP

Lift heavy, Eat a ton, Get strong. Phuck everything else

Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Schalge77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well it realy only hurts enough to quit my set when im doing heavy wieght with a ez bar on preacher curl...and thanks for the advice guys, this helped me out alot.

ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50) ZrankFrane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same thing. I can't use any of the bicep curl machines or any flat barbells. I just stick to the EZ curl barbells and Dumbbells

Ayotollah of Rock n Rolla Kaz85's Avatar
    Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kaz85 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I started getting this last week whenI started doing ez bar curls.

RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RCO92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thank.
    I had been getting that pain for a while while doing biceps. After a while of ignoreing the pain my forearms got really strong and havent felt the pain sconce. Also if you really squeeze and flex your bi's the whole time while curling you definately wont feel it hitting your forearms as much... hope that helped bro

Yup , thanks guys

l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000) l2ambo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have this aswell, it's really a drag.
    "Movin' ahead so life won't pass me by."

kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidwitbigchest will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thank.
    its not tendonitis...when you curl you work your forearms as well. I had this pain before for a while. Use a forearm strap if its real bad, helped me ALOT. Its just the burn from working them out. My forearms use to burn more than my biceps when curling.

alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thank.
    You may have Golfers Elbow. Is the pain on the inside and about an inch or two down from the elbow?