Closed Thread
    schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Working out while taking antibiotics?

Didnt know where to post this and I certainly didnt want to put it in misc.
    Im having a tooth abscess treatment since yesterday and I dont know whether I should work out or not this week. Yesterday and today i didnt do anything since pain was pretty bad.at the moment im on augmentin (amoxicillin) for the infection and nimm (NSAID) for the swelling and shall be taking them until Sunday.I asked the dentist whether it will interfere with lifting and cardio and he said it all depends on how I feel, if I have pain,nausea etc etc but it was a good idea to rest for a few days.i feel terrible for not working out for 2 days, let alone a whole week.
    Shall i take this as an opportunity to recover since I havent taken any breaks since last September or shall I continue my routine as from tomorrow if I feel better?will the medication interfere at all?im not taking any other supplements at the moment except from multis and whey.

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by schnitzer31 View Post
    Im having a tooth abscess treatment since yesterday and I dont know whether I should work out or not this week. Yesterday and today i didnt do anything since pain was pretty bad.at the moment im on augmentin (amoxicillin) for the infection and nimm (NSAID) for the swelling and shall be taking them until Sunday.I asked the dentist whether it will interfere with lifting and cardio and he said it all depends on how I feel, if I have pain,nausea etc etc but it was a good idea to rest for a few days.i feel terrible for not working out for 2 days, let alone a whole week.
    Shall i take this as an opportunity to recover since I havent taken any breaks since last September or shall I continue my routine as from tomorrow if I feel better?will the medication interfere at all?im not taking any other supplements at the moment except from multis and whey.

I would recommend just taking the week off.

Allow yourself to heal up so you can come back 100%.
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000) red_cat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Having been in a similar position a few months ago (antibiotics for a week), take the time off. You will be happy that you did when you get back to the gym and can go full strength as opposed to half-assing it while you're on the antibiotics.

allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) allieninja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The medication won't interfere, however you don't want to piss off the abscess further by stressing your body, so best to give it at least a couple days rest.

page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10) page9931 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Take 2~4 days off because if its a major mouth surgery you got to let the cut in mouth clot, So it stops bleeding if you keep training the clot could break free before it forms and travel into blood stream or something thats a serious problem be safe have a good recovery man hope all is well

svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50) svespie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your body has limited resources and your body needs those resources to fight the infection versus you causing damage it has to heal from the gym. Take the week off, stretch every day, and come back fresh and ready to go.

I think most people over train (myself included) and we call could use a week off now and then.
    Don't give up. Keep fighting. Fight every day. When you get knocked down, get back up. You can do it. You will do it. There is no other way.

schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) schnitzer31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanks for the advice guys.

DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DR_P is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

Im having a tooth abscess treatment since yesterday ...

You should NOT workout as long as you have an active abscess and are taking antibiotics. Any different advise would be irresponsible.

tooth abscess = abscess potentially getting into maxilla = potential spreading to other parts of the face skull = potential pathway of the abscess to the BRAIN, which in turn would be life-threatening.

Workot= increased abdominal pressure = increased pressure on the abscess = increased risk for the abscess to make its way where it shouldn't.

Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Whey2Grow has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    another note that no one has touched upon is that some anti-biotic and medication can weaken connective tissue such as ligaments and tendons and its always advised to talk with your physician about it to make sure that the one your on doesnt have any adverse affect on these as when you do return to the gym you may be prone to injuries which can see you out for longer.
    "Do not look to the ground for your next step; greatness lies with those who look to the horizon."

“The most powerful element that builds your body is the mental state you bring to your training.”

SLIN SANE LOG http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608893323#post608893323

xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000) xikar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by red_cat View Post
    Having been in a similar position a few months ago (antibiotics for a week), take the time off. You will be happy that you did when you get back to the gym and can go full strength as opposed to half-assing it while you're on the antibiotics.
    This^^^

mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50) mferrandi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm in a similar situation right now, I'm on antibiotics because of a tooth in infection, and the dentist will extract the tooth in a few days, should I work out?

Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000) Cavalerium is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Hey. I would recommend that you build on your well-being. If you feel well then you can train, but reduce the load. I read on this website https://verv.com/exercising-on-antib...-make-excuses/ how best to distribute training in such a period. I think that the general strengthening of the body is always beneficial.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If he’s still on antibiotics 8 years later, I think he might have bigger issues to solve
    Strong & Unstable