Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pat1221 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thank you for posting this, i am just starting a keto diet!

Registered User Oneandonlysunkist's Avatar
    Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oneandonlysunkist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I logged in to my account just to rep you and say thanks for putting this together! I usually don't make anything without seeing a picture of the final result. I'm a guy we need visuals so this thread is great

Some of the images on your flickr are unavailable
    "If you can complete your set without a spot then you're going too light"

jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Keto meatloaf

Being a big meat loaf fan and being on the keto diet I wanted to attempt to make a “keto meat loaf”. I got into my wifes “biggest loser cookbook”, found a meat loaf recipe that sounded good and decided to doctor it up keto style. I ate it last night and was very satisfied with the taste. Below are the ingredients and directions to make. If you are a meat loaf fan enjoy!!

2/3 cup *crushed into small pieces hot and spicy pork rinds (about 1 ounce)

½ cup almond milk

1 pound 85/15 ground beef

½ cup chopped fresh spinach

*¼ cup minced onion

2 large egg whites, lightly beaten

2 teaspoons Italian seasoning

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 clove of garlic, minced

½ teaspoon salt

Now for the directions;

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Spray loaf pan with non stick spray

Combine the crushed pork rinds and almond milk in a bowl. Let sit for a while so the milk soaks up the pork rinds. Next add the beef, spinach, onion, egg whites, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and salt. Mix it well!! Put all ingredients into the loaf pan and press it so its flat.

I baked it for about 40 minutes and it came out perfect and tasted great.

According to my calculations here are the micros for the whole loaf pan;

Cal 1277

Fat 77.7

Carb 1

Fiber .5

Protein 131

I ate half for dinner and saved the other half for the next day. Tasted even better the next day when reheated in the microwave. Enjoy and let me know what you think.
    *Reviews*
    N.O. 370- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=624130833#post624130833
    Speed Xtreme & Melt Xtreme- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=626015223#post626015223

kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kwebbers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Oneandonlysunkist View Post
    I logged in to my account just to rep you and say thanks for putting this together! I usually don't make anything without seeing a picture of the final result. I'm a guy we need visuals so this thread is great

Some of the images on your flickr are unavailable
    sorry about that must have deleted a couple in my attempt to clean out my flikr account... but I assure you they are all great unless stated otherwise lol

Originally Posted by jskates View Post
    Being a big meat loaf fan and being on the keto diet I wanted to attempt to make a “keto meat loaf”. I got into my wifes “biggest loser cookbook”, found a meat loaf recipe that sounded good and decided to doctor it up keto style. I ate it last night and was very satisfied with the taste. Below are the ingredients and directions to make. If you are a meat loaf fan enjoy!!
    sounds great! you should post a pic of the final result

Training/Food/Recipe log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135443421

other recipe logs:
    'Cooking on Keto'
    (Part I) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132899693
    (Part II) - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132982263

jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10) jskates is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kwebbers;

sounds great! you should post a pic of the final result
    next time I make it I'll be sure to snap a picture and post it.
    *Reviews*
    N.O. 370- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=624130833#post624130833
    Speed Xtreme & Melt Xtreme- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=626015223#post626015223

Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Korry1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kwebbers View Post
    This seriously ALMOST tops the real thing... Okay, not reallly, but it sure as hell tasted waaay too good to be healthy!

Notes:
    When I made this, I used 3 cups cauliflower and divided the end product into thirds - feel free to double this if you want leftovers! (you will definitely want leftovers lol)

Verdict:
    I can't wait to eat the rest of this for lunch tomorrow Easily one of my favorite new side dishes and sub for mac n cheese

*ps I messed around with the original recipe to make it more user friendly*

prep time: ~10 min
    cook time: ~20 min

"Fake" Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Ingredients:
    3 cups cauliflower
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
    1 slice swiss cheese
    1 T cream cheese
    1.5 T heavy cream (original recipe called for 3 T half&half but I didn't have any)
    1.5 T coconut milk (again, this wasn't in the original recipe but I didn't want to use too much cream)
    pepper, garlic powder, or any other spices you wish to add (I used onion powder, pepper, and mustard powder)

Directions:
    -Take a half head or so of fresh cauliflower and steam it until it is just tender
    (Or, cut into chunks, put in a big bowl with a half inch of water, cover and microwave for 5-6 minutes until tender but NOT MUSHY!)
    -Drain, pat dry, cool enough to handle and then rough chop the cauliflower into noodle-sized pieces (basically to resemble pieces of mac n cheese noodles)
    -Set aside

-In a saucepan over medium-low heat, warm 3T half & half and 1T light cream cheese
    -Tear swiss slice into pieces and add to saucepan
    -Season with a little black pepper and mustard powder (optional)
    -Add onion powder and sea salt to taste (optional)
    -Whisk until all melted and creamy but don't let it boil. Keep warm.

-Preheat over to 350

-Mix together shredded sharp cheddar (3/4 cup) and shredded mozzarella (1/2 cup)
    -Add most of the cheese to the warm sauce, leaving out just enough to spread over the top of the casserole
    -Stir the sauce until the cheese all melts
    -Add cauliflower chunks and gently fold with a spatula until the cauliflower is covered in sauce
    -Place mixture in a small casserole dish and top with remaining cheese.
    -Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until cheese starts to brown.

Macros:
    (will post soon)

fakemacncheese by kristen.webbers, on Flickr

This recipe was **OUTSTANDING*** ... also gave some to non-keto folks and they loved it as well...

Thanks!

However, I must have screwed up the low carb bread version... I used vanilla casein protein and it did not taste well at all lol...

Needless to say I should have followed the directions!!!! lol

6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 6packngunz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brownie with walnuts

Hello,
    I have seen some awesome recipes here.
    I have been craving some brownie and ice cream for weeks and wanted to stick to my diet.
    I looked at the stuff I had and here is the result of my experimentation.

Here is the receipe:
    3 eggs
    2 scoops of Optimum whey protein double rich chocolate
    1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa
    1/4 cup of Spectrum Naturals - Essential Flaxseed Ground
    1/4 cup of almond flour
    3 tbs of coconuts oil
    1/4 cup of butter
    8 oz of heavy cream
    1/2 cup of walnuts
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
    1/4 cup of stavia sweetener ( I did not put more sweetener because of the ice cream. Feel free to add more)

I made 12 portions.
    Came out really nice and my craving is SATISFIED!!!

Macros according to Myfitnesspal recipe calculator:

Total: (Cal) 2840 (Carb)71 (Fat)252 (Prot)108
    Per Serving: (Cal)237 (Carb)6 (fats)21 (Prot)9

Net carbs should be lower but I can't figure out how to separate carbs from the fibers. Soorrrrry

20111120_212216.jpg20111120_212811.jpg20111120_213550.jpg
    11/01/2011 - Current weight: 264lbs BF 30%
    12/01/2011 - Goal weight : 250lbs - Reached 12/04/2011
    01/01/2011 - Goal weight : 240lbs

bbdatcom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbdatcom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bbdatcom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10) hotwannabe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is an awesome thread! I am going to try several of our recipes. Thanks a lot for these!

blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10) blacksilo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i know this is old... but so many good recipies in here and i'm not even on keto ha

sub'd! ... lets keep the ideas flowing
    Aug 1 to Nov 1 Goal: Get down to <160 lbs

Start weight: 215lbs
    Current Weight: 168 lbs

Goals for 2012/2013:
    1.) Bench 150% BW (again)
    2.) Squat 200% BW

atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50) atwses will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Excellent thread! This is really going to help!!!

broadys has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great thread. Thankyou

CatsPajamas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This thread changed my life.

FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FPS75 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by oats_addict View Post
    Knocked up a loaf of the flax 'bread' and it is awesome.

I did a smaller batch;

200g Flax Seeds
    55g worth of coconut oil/EVOO
    3 Egg whites
    2 Whole Eggs
    Baking Powder
    100ml water
    2 Scoops Chocolate whey

Whole thing
    108 P
    15 Net Carbs
    150 F

1850Cals

Gonna be a struggle not to sit there and eat it all, was nice and dense, but still moist in the middle. I actually couldnt stop eating the batter mix before cooking it.

Stuck some warm PB sludge on a couple of slices and had it for todays brekkie. Dam this was so good!

Thanks again for the recipe, repp'd
    Made this! It was awesome!

amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Mmm

That looks SO good!

amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amcarter29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mmmmm! Do you have the macros for this?