HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighHurdler will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does doing squats and deadlifts really increase hgh or testosterone?

this is what i heard from the teen section. wasn't sure if it was true or not so i thought i'd ask more experienced lifters. from what i understand if i squat and deadlift it'll help my upper body grow. this wasn't posted in the teen misc section either so i was assuming it was a serious thread

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    brb, asking jay Cutler about his levels

j/k

From what I understand yes to both along with the right nutrition.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HighHurdler View Post
    this is what i heard from the teen section. wasn't sure if it was true or not so i thought i'd ask more experienced lifters. from what i understand if i squat and deadlift it'll help my upper body grow. this wasn't posted in the teen misc section either so i was assuming it was a serious thread
    Not enough to have any impact on muscular gains.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    from what i understand if i squat and deadlift it'll help my upper body grow.

Of course squatting and deadlifting will help your upper body grow, because you use your upper body on both squats and deads. Squats are not just a leg exercise because your upper body holds the weight and transfers the power from your legs to the bar. If you think both are lower body exercises then get your technique looked at by somebody who knows what they're doing.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    From what I've read, test does increase during the session, but shortly after it actually drops below baseline before returning to normal. So, as OOS said, the hormonal effect won't really have much of an impact.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    From what I've read, test does increase during the session, but shortly after it actually drops below baseline before returning to normal. So, as OOS said, the hormonal effect won't really have much of an impact.
    wat they said^^^^^^^^
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ^^^^This.

Heavy compound exercises cause a spike in hormone production, but it's transient in nature, and drops off rapidly.

Other things that will cause a spike in hormone production are eating a meal, and sleeping, among most other activities.

Train your lower body for lower body development, and your upper body for upper body development.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like the other have said........yes.......but not enough to matter.

If you really want to make sure you are keeping your levels as high as you can just make sure you do the following:

1. Keep stress down or out of your life.
    2. Make sure you keep your bf% high enough..to low for to long and your levels will suffer.
    3. the right foods at the right times.....refer back to #2.
    4. Make sure you get enough sleep.
    5. Stay away from booz.
    6. Don't mess with certain type supps that will boost you now but drag you down later.
    7. Keep your training session short/intense...more is not better...better is better.

I could go on and on.......I think you get the point.

Good luck!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam greyhair's Avatar
    greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Testosterone production in men is controlled by a negative feedback loop.
    http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks...pit/lhfsh.html
    Any simple increase will eventually be corrected and your net concentration of test will resettle to its natural set point.
    That's why small extraneous supplies of test, say through a cream or gel, have virtually no effect on circulating testosterone. The body just starts making a little less to hit the natural set point.
    And, that is why your testicles turn into little peanuts when you take really high quantities of test. The body just shuts test production down, which can also result in sterility due to the lack of Follicle stimulating hormone from the pituitary gland.

So net-net, using Squats and DL's to increase overall test is using its bro-science.

I'm of the opinion that having a hot wife does a better job of keeping test high.
    Basically, eyes -> brain -> pituitary -> testicles -> testosterone
    Works for me.

BTW, the system in women works differently, test is basically unregulated and oestrogen is what is controlled Thats why taking women taking DHEA raises their test levels but has no effect in younger healthy men (except to raise their oestrogen levels)
    But those who fight for right must remember St. Augustine's sage words,
    "right is right even if no one is doing it...and wrong is wrong even if every one is doing it!"
    -----------
    Got Causality?
    -----------
    God, Duty, Honour, Country

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam greyhair's Avatar
    greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000) greyhair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by plmb1 View Post
    Like the other have said........yes.......but not enough to matter.

If you really want to make sure you are keeping your levels as high as you can just make sure you do the following:

1. Keep stress down or out of your life.
    2. Make sure you keep your bf% high enough..to low for to long and your levels will suffer.
    3. the right foods at the right times.....refer back to #2.
    4. Make sure you get enough sleep.
    5. Stay away from booz.
    6. Don't mess with certain type supps that will boost you now but drag you down later.
    7. Keep your training session short/intense...more is not better...better is better.

I could go on and on.......I think you get the point.

Good luck!
    I pretty much agree with everything but item 6.
    IMHO, an idea introduced by gym owners to get lifters out of the gym as fast as possible.

Oly weight lifting athletes are in the gym for the longest times and can grow pretty big in the higher weight classes.
    Except for high intensity training, its hard to over train.
    But those who fight for right must remember St. Augustine's sage words,
    "right is right even if no one is doing it...and wrong is wrong even if every one is doing it!"
    -----------
    Got Causality?
    -----------
    God, Duty, Honour, Country

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
    I pretty much agree with everything but item 7.
    IMHO, an idea introduced by gym owners to get lifters out of the gym as fast as possible.

Oly weight lifting athletes are in the gym for the longest times and can grow pretty big in the higher weight classes.
    Except for high intensity training, its hard to over train.
    Yep, I agree .....those ol.ers have very long training sessions........or atleast all of the ol.ers I've known irl did/does.

It's the high intensity part I was talking about. If/when a person trains as intense as they can (upper limits) it should'nt take hours to train (especially for a bb.er). Having said that....lol......most don't train anywhere near their upper limits of intensity.

I know some people can train longer than others but I feel 99% of lifters training only one or two muscle groups a day should be able to get in and out within 45 to 75 minutes depending on which muscles are being trained.