signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lower Chest - Toning, Building muscle - losing the fat

Im having issues building my lower chest. When i look in the mirror, i am impressed with my upper chest, and mid chest. but cannot seem to rid of this lower chest fat. It will not build like my upper and mid chest, so it looks odd. I have been concentrating on decline everything - DECLINE dumbell pressses, DECLINE flys, DECLINE barbell presses, DECLINE cable flys, - what else can i do before summer to get them in shape? I eat clean, and im at the gym 6 days a week, doing weights one day, and cardio the next, so on and so forth. Are there any other exercises i can do to shape these up fast? Thanks in advance....

also, shouldnt i be sore in the area of the muscles im working>? since i am doing decline exercises for my LOWER chest, shouldnt my lower chest be sore and not the center of my chest? I just find that odd that as much as i do to build my lower chest, it is not sore the day after workout. (and i work out til failure)

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by signtist2004 View Post
    also, shouldnt i be sore in the area of the muscles im working>? since i am doing decline exercises for my LOWER chest, shouldnt my lower chest be sore and not the center of my chest?
    First, soreness does not mean that you've stimulated your body to grow. Second you can't train part of a muscle, decline does not train your "lower chest" because there is no lower chest muscle.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) BillyBatts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you tried Dips? I've have gotten good results with dips making sure to lean forward while performing the exercises.

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BillyBatts View Post
    Have you tried Dips? I've have gotten good results with dips making sure to lean forward while performing the exercises.
    this chin to sternum^^

signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10) signtist2004 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

cant target specific areas to build muscle?

Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    First, soreness does not mean that you've stimulated your body to grow. Second you can't train part of a muscle, decline does not train your "lower chest" because there is no lower chest muscle.
    So, educate me; how do you get lower chest definition if you cant target that part of the chest? Why are decline exercises encouraged for lower chest region? and incline exercises for the upper chest region?

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your pecs can have their upper fibers stimulated more than lower and vice versa. That said, all chest exercises will activate your pecs. You will show more as you grow your pecs and cut. Growth is about eating excess calories and lifting hard, cutting is about eating less calories than you use and lifting hard.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    The only way you will see cuts in your lower chest is to lower your overall bodyfat percentage. And the only way to do that is to eat at a caloric deficit.

You can build a foot thick pecs, but if they're still hidden behind a layer of fat, you still won't see cuts.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    The only way you will see cuts in your lower chest is to lower your overall bodyfat percentage.
    True

And the only way to do that is to eat at a caloric deficit.
    Not exactly. Depending on the individual, you can lower body fat without a caloric deficit.
    Mark

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MarkY View Post

Not exactly. Depending on the individual, you can lower body fat without a caloric deficit.
    Eating more calories than I burn, and still lose fat? Nice! Tell me how I can do this!'

MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkY is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Eating more calories than I burn, and still lose fat? Nice! Tell me how I can do this!'
    Have you ever known someone (typically a beginner), that has started a workout program and several months down the road, they weigh the same but have less body fat?

This continuous change can't be maintained, but for a short period it is achievable. Which is why I prefaced my statement with "depending on the individual".
    Mark

So you mean sedentary person starts burning calories (lifting weights) while eating the same amount of food? Sounds like a caloric deficit to me. Or did you mean the person starts lifting, increases food intake to match the new exertion, loses fat but replaces it with muscle (which weighs twice as much as fat), and weighs the same? There's still a deficit there.

I would like to meet one of these "individuals" who can lose fat while not taking in less calories than they burn. If we could discover how their metabolisms work, we could bottle it, market it, and eliminate obesity once and for all!

DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500) DaddyR is not very helpful. (-500)
    1. There's no such thing as spot reduction.

2. The shape of a muscle is genetically determined.

/thread.
    Overweight and arrogant

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Im having issues building my lower chest. When i look in the mirror, i am impressed with my upper chest, and mid chest. but cannot seem to rid of this lower chest fat. It will not build like my upper and mid chest, so it looks odd. I have been concentrating on decline everything - DECLINE dumbell pressses, DECLINE flys, DECLINE barbell presses, DECLINE cable flys, - what else can i do before summer to get them in shape? I eat clean, and im at the gym 6 days a week, doing weights one day, and cardio the next, so on and so forth. Are there any other exercises i can do to shape these up fast? Thanks in advance....

also, shouldnt i be sore in the area of the muscles im working>? since i am doing decline exercises for my LOWER chest, shouldnt my lower chest be sore and not the center of my chest? I just find that odd that as much as i do to build my lower chest, it is not sore the day after workout. (and i work out til failure)
    Only your doctor can tell you this for sure but, if it's a fatty lower chest issue and not swelling of the nipple, it may be a typo of Gynecomastia that can be removed with liposuction alone. Typically Gynecomastia involves cutting around the lower nipple and removing glandular tissue. The other operation is called lipomastia where the surgeon removes the stubborn excess fat and sculpts your chest using only a small 1/8 inch incision in the arm pit and liposuction.

Most guys can loose it with a stricter diet and putting in more effort in the gym so really hammer that home before you even consider go under the knife. However, at some point, if you just keep busting your ass in the gym, you're bench keeps increasing, you keep buying smaller pants but the gyno just won't go away, it might be time to speak to your doctor.
    Taught by Dr. Squat himself back in the late 90s

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by acwild View Post
    Only your doctor can tell you this for sure but, if it's a fatty lower chest issue and not swelling of the nipple, it may be a typo of Gynecomastia that can be removed with liposuction alone. Typically Gynecomastia involves cutting around the lower nipple and removing glandular tissue. The other operation is called lipomastia where the surgeon removes the stubborn excess fat and sculpts your chest using only a small 1/8 inch incision in the arm pit and liposuction.
    Did you look at the OPs avatar? Despite his satisfaction with what he calls his upper and middle chest, his problem is he doesn't have enough development in his pectoralis major to even begin thinking about sculpting around it. Gyno isn't his problem, lack of hypertrophy is.

Decline anything as it relates to chest development is a waste of time and energy. Stick primarily to flat bench and supplement with incline work to develop the entire chest. Then, as others have mentioned, cut the bodyfat to expose the muscles.

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    Did you look at the OPs avatar? Despite his satisfaction with what he calls his upper and middle chest, his problem is he doesn't have enough development in his pectoralis major to even begin thinking about sculpting around it. Gyno isn't his problem, lack of hypertrophy is.

Decline anything as it relates to chest development is a waste of time and energy. Stick primarily to flat bench and supplement with incline work to develop the entire chest. Then, as others have mentioned, cut the bodyfat to expose the muscles.
    I did look at his avatar and saw nothing unusual however, since his quote was "but cannot seem to rid of this lower chest fat" I presumed he has a problem that's not visible in the image. Photos can be touched up or lit straight on or shot with flash to de-accentuate a trouble spot. Perhaps a different angle would have shown off a problem. I was responding to his statement "but cannot seem to rid of this lower chest fat".

Also, and you are of course entitled to your opinion... no problem bro with that but... Dorian Yates was a huge advocate of the decline press for chest, he speaks and demonstrates it in his two videos along with the incline press as well. He actually doesn't like the flat bench press at all, personally I perform all three so, I guess to each-his-own.
    Taught by Dr. Squat himself back in the late 90s

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by acwild View Post
    Also, and you are of course entitled to your opinion... no problem bro with that but... Dorian Yates was a huge advocate of the decline press for chest, he speaks and demonstrates it in his two videos along with the incline press as well. He actually doesn't like the flat bench press at all, personally I perform all three so, I guess to each-his-own.
    I only have opinions on topics that leave room for debate. Otherwise, I pretty much stick to whatever the available science tells me. http://www.daveywaveyfitness.com/wp-...er-Muscles.pdf
    Last edited by theKurp; 03-21-2011 at 05:56 PM.

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)

IMO... declines suck. to much shoulder and tricep, to little chest. people training for a few months to a few years always try to show me this "ekg" they found that shows how decline effects the chest, etc.. BS... ask serious bodybuilders who have been working out for years and years, 99% will never do a decline to build chest. Chest is only made up of two muscles major and minor. you can hit this muscle hard doing nothing but inclines and flats.

having the cuts in your lower chest is simply a bodyfat issue, get it off you.

Arnold had one of the best chest in the world right? never did declines, used to always say "why do i want a saggy chest"
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ToddG93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OP the key to lose the fat on the lower part of your pecs is to shave your arm pits.... its scientifically proven!

But for real... Get on a 5x5 from what i can tell you still have some beginner gains to be made on your chest and overall frame. This will give you what you want pard!
    There are some great 5X5s under the programs page.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The only way you will see cuts in your lower chest is to lower your overall bodyfat percentage. And the only way to do that is to eat at a caloric deficit.

You can build a foot thick pecs, but if they're still hidden behind a layer of fat, you still won't see cuts.
    ^^ This

You can't spot reduce no matter how hard you train the area!
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jett69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i also had this issue, hard on the upper chest, very soft in the lower chest and fat on my side chest. It sucked.

I did a search on this issue on BB.com and everyone recommended to lower bf. I also did heavy incline db, cable and db flies, and weighed dips. Got my bf down and 5 months later, i finally got the separation on my upper chest, less fat on my side chest and I could feel the muscle on my lower chest. It's looking goooood. Still needs work but I'm just gonna keep working hard and force my chest to grow!

Dont be discouraged, just keep pounding the weights.

ashitroy21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Listen man you dont have fully developed pecs, so i say you just keep doing your bench press and try to increase the bench press each week.

bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bpowa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lipo suction or reduce body weight.. some guys are just genetically enhanced even with a bit more bodyfat. I wish I was one of them.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    ^ This. OP, looking at your pics you aren't at a point where you can nitpick about the nuances of your muscular development - you just need to develop more muscle, period. Unless you have more current ones that indicate otherwise.

Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000) AmirWins is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bigtallox View Post
    Yes there is a "lower chest muscle" Google chest muscles and you'll see
    _______My transformation so far
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154992193

_______NoFap 2014 crew

HTC Mogul - HTC Pro 2 - HTC Evo - iPhone 4S - Galaxy S5 - Galaxy Note 4 - Galaxy S6 - iPhone 6S

tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tkdnj is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    looking at OP's pictures in his profile, yes he can stand to add muscle to his chest, but I don't see a whole of fat around his lower pecs. Doesn't seem to be an issue in my eyes. Am I missing something?