prokaw875 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting back in shape start!

So im new to the forum but there is alot of helpful advice. Ill give my quick background. Im currently 22 and have decided to get back into my high school football shape. Junior/Senior year of high school I weighed 190-200lbs and at that weight I had great definition, flat stomach, veins, blah blah blah... well college came... and so did beer, bad diets, and that whole 9 yards. Consistantly over those few years I bumped up to about 230-240. After college it didnt get better and around christmas I weighed the most my 6` 2' self has ever... 265. I kinda never wanted to accept it because I have alway sort have maintained the same strength and clothing size more or less. But once my 36 jeans and xl`s started getting a bit tighter i realized It had to stop... and I had to accept I WAS GETTING FAT! For the first few month I started dabbling back in the gym... mostly doing 30-60 min of olyptical a few times a week but not changing my diet (which was never bad but never good) Last week I weighed 255.

That was enough of "mister nice guy". I picked up some hydroxycut pro series, some Jack3d to maintain and grow my already fairly muscular tone under my fatty stomach, chest, and well kinda face and decide to hit the gym for real. Since monday(6 days now) I went mon-thur... 1 hour of cardio hard burning 500-700 cal. and rotating my weight lifting schedule. Today I weighed myself and I am down to 246/247 later in the day. Im actually very excited and motivated to get back into the gym and continue to see my body change! I never thought I would say this but im actually upset I can no go to the gym friday, saturday, and sundays any more as my work week is 12 hour shifts on those days. I also have alot of great support. I live at home with my parents who eat very healthy... I dont think there is one thing that is not non fat, low fat, high protein, low/no carb, blah blah in my house! lol

I will get some photos up ASAP and post more information as I progress. Please everyone... any tips... advice... anyting you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdies is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat a defacit, count ur calories
    Get macros n check and focus on high protein
    Also bcaas and glutamine will help preserve muscle
    Weigh n once a week same day same time
    Lift heavy, stay motivated and take measurements
    Working towards green

prokaw875 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you. But I do have a few questions. What are defacit and macros? Also with maintaininf my muscle shouldn't I be doing lower weight higher reps. I thought high weight low reps was to gain mass... which I don't need... well now lol

Originally Posted by jdies View Post
    Eat a defacit, count ur calories
    Get macros n check and focus on high protein
    Also bcaas and glutamine will help preserve muscle
    Weigh n once a week same day same time
    Lift heavy, stay motivated and take measurements

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in b4 somebody tells him to read the stickies and use the search button!
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10) SgtShoulders56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just keep reading and doing research about nutrition and exercising. The more you learn, the more you will be able to help yourself maintain a healthy lifestyle. Tips: Drink lots of water and stay consistent with your diet and training.