armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Back Day: Is this overtraining?

I am hitting each muscle group once a week. Just made little changes to my Back Routine and added 3 more exercises to my current regime. The reps are low but i use heavy weight while performing the exercises.
    Can this be considered over training?
    3x6 - Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Back Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Close Grip Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Seated Rows

3x6 - One Arm Dumbell Rows

3x6 - Bent Rows

3x6 - T-Bar Rows

3x6 - DeadLifts

3x6 - Upright Rows

3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Thanks for reading.

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You cant 'overtrain' or overreach from one session, it is accumulative and takes time to set in.. That session still looks too taxing and unecessary. Id reduce the exercises by 50% and add more working sets
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50) armadon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    You cant 'overtrain' or overreach from one session, it is accumulative and takes time to set in.. That session still looks too taxing and unecessary. Id reduce the exercises by 50% and add more working sets
    I am keeping rep/sets low and using heavy weight because i am currently on cut. Will still consider your input and make adjustments.
    Thanks

jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I can't imagine that you are lifting very heavy with that many sets. I would do this instead:

3x6 - DeadLifts

3 sets of pullups. *If you can do more than 10 reps per set, do weighted pullups.

3x6 - Bentover Barbell Rows

3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Also, although upright rows do incorporate your traps, they primarily target your delts. Save them for shoulders day.
    You want to get bigger? EAT MORE! TRAIN HARD!
    You want abs? EAT LESS! TRAIN HARD!

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why isn't deadlifts first?
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2BLAZERS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not overtraining, but your wasting time with that many sets of rows. If you can do that many sets of rows then your not going that heavy. You could do less sets of less excersises and go heavier. Sometimes less is more.

Originally Posted by jaminoodlesoup View Post
    I can't imagine that you are lifting very heavy with that many sets. I would do this instead:

3x6 - DeadLifts

3 sets of pullups. *If you can do more than 10 reps per set, do weighted pullups.

3x6 - Bentover Barbell Rows

3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Also, although upright rows do incorporate your traps, they primarily target your delts. Save them for shoulders day.
    Alright will add pullups to the workout and deduct a few exercises.

Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    Why isn't deadlifts first?
    The regime is posted is in random order, i do deadlift first.

Originally Posted by 2BLAZERS View Post
    Not overtraining, but your wasting time with that many sets of rows. If you can do that many sets of rows then your not going that heavy. You could do less sets of less excersises and go heavier. Sometimes less is more.
    I train at a small gym, already using maximum capacity weights they have.
    cable pulley machine max 165 lbs
    largest dumbell = 70 lbs
    deadlift i am doing is 360 lbs.

cant complain as i cannot afford to join bigger gym

InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250) InclineVet has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by armadon View Post
    I am hitting each muscle group once a week. Just made little changes to my Back Routine and added 3 more exercises to my current regime. The reps are low but i use heavy weight while performing the exercises.
    3x6 - Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Back Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Seated Rows

3x6 - Bent Rows

3x6 - T-Bar Rows

3x6 - DeadLifts

3x6 - Upright Rows

3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Thanks for reading.
    I'd go for quality over quantity every time. If you can go heavy on all the exercises and give 100% to all of them then keep doing it. But T-Bar rows, one arm rows and seated rows all essentially hit the same area. You don't need to do all of those on the same day.
    You can't buy experience.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I would agree with this and add that you should do 4 -5 exercises and increase sets to 4 and sets to 10-15. The workout your doing seems to be set more for powerlifting. If that is your goal then increase the weights and reduce exercises.
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TrettinR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cheftepesh View Post
    The workout your doing seems to be set more for powerlifting.
    No it doesn't.
    There is no such thing as 'strong enough'

jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10) jaminoodlesoup is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TrettinR View Post
    No it doesn't.
    x2.

OP, I also wanted to stress that the order you do your exercises in is important. The list I posted was in order.

Generally, you want to start with the heaviest compound lifts and work down to the light "isolation-type" exercises at the end of your workout.
    You want to get bigger? EAT MORE! TRAIN HARD!
    You want abs? EAT LESS! TRAIN HARD!

Thanks for the inputs everyone, i cannot thank you guys enough

tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tank316 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    3x6 - Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Back Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Seated Rows

3x6 - Bent Rows

3x6 - T-Bar Rows

3x6 - DeadLifts

3x6 - Upright Rows

3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Thanks for reading.
    Here's an example of what I follow.

Back

POWER: week 1

- Rack deadlift...3 x 3-6
    - Bent row...3 x 4-6
    - Weighted chin...2-3 x 4-6
    - CG seated row...2-3 x 4-6

REP RANGE: week 2

- CG weighted chin...2 x 6-8
    - WG T-Bar row...2 x 8-10
    - Dumbell row...2 x 10-12
    - Pullover...2 x 12-15

SHOCK: week 3

- Pullover/WG pulldown superset...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - Stiff arm pulldown/reverse grip bent row...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - CG seated pully row dropset...1 x 6-8, drop, 6-8, drop, 6-8
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381
    Follow the link to the routine. It will explain the tempos used each wk.
    I been doing for 11 yrs now. I have several clients doing this as well as several HS athletes.
    Good luck, pm me with any ?'s

sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sebbbi91 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    3x6 - Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Back Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Seated Rows

3x6 - Bent Rows

3x6 - T-Bar Rows

3x6 - DeadLifts

3x6 - Upright Rows

3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Thanks for reading.
    I would do:

2 sets underhand chin ups
    2 sets barbell bent over rows
    2 sets barbell shrugs
    2 sets deadlifts

It's pointless to use multiple vertical and horizontal pulling movements just choose 1 of each. I also think you hit your traps a lot better with shrugs than with upright rows. Upright rows also put a lot of strain on your shoulder joints. Just focus on progression in those movements and don't think more is better. If you stimulated your muscle (going to faillure) you don't have to do it again!

Originally Posted by tank316 View Post
    Here's an example of what I follow.

Back

POWER: week 1

- Rack deadlift...3 x 3-6
    - Bent row...3 x 4-6
    - Weighted chin...2-3 x 4-6
    - CG seated row...2-3 x 4-6

REP RANGE: week 2

- CG weighted chin...2 x 6-8
    - WG T-Bar row...2 x 8-10
    - Dumbell row...2 x 10-12
    - Pullover...2 x 12-15

SHOCK: week 3

- Pullover/WG pulldown superset...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - Stiff arm pulldown/reverse grip bent row...1-2 x 8-10 each
    - CG seated pully row dropset...1 x 6-8, drop, 6-8, drop, 6-8
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6398381
    Follow the link to the routine. It will explain the tempos used each wk.
    I been doing for 11 yrs now. I have several clients doing this as well as several HS athletes.
    Good luck, pm me with any ?'s
    Thanks a lot

ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ichidkiller has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    3x6 - Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Back Lat Pulldowns

3x6 - Seated Rows

3x6 - Bent Rows

3x6 - T-Bar Rows

3x6 - DeadLifts

3x6 - Upright Rows

3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Thanks for reading.
    Yeah, i think that is too many redundant exercises. no way you can go intense on all that stuff. i would cut it down to 3 or 4 exercises and go all out on those. Me personally i do something like. Power cleans 6 sets light to heavy to deadlifts light to heavy, then pullup/muscle ups 6 sets. Then on to other stuff like chest or shoulders. Thats enough back for 1 day for me.

Ain't nothin but a peanut Kevin204's Avatar
    Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kevin204 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    way too many sets. Back day is pretty straight forward:

Deadlift, Pull/Chinups, and the Rowing motion. Barbell bent over rows, tbar rows, or db rows. You have many options but you definitely don't need 20+ sets, go heavy and 15 sets is fine.
    Dumbbell chest press all day

etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) etkillah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Your Routine...

3x6 - Lat Pulldowns
    3x6 - Back Lat Pulldowns
    3x6 - Seated Rows
    3x6 - Bent Rows
    3x6 - T-Bar Rows
    3x6 - DeadLifts
    3x6 - Upright Rows
    3x6 - Barbell Shrugs

Thanks for reading.
    My Routine...

Pullups 4 x 6-10
    Lat pulldowns 3 x 6-12
    Deadlifts 3 x 4-10
    T-Bar Rows 3 x 6-12

Too many exercises IMO...

5 exercises at most, 3-4 sets per, under 12 reps, high intensity, 45sec - 2 min rest time depending on exercises.

Just my 2CP
    As of 02/10/16

170 lbs

Bench - 225 x 10
    Deadlift - 385 x 5
    Squat - 315 x 5

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Although I prefer high volume, it's a bit repetitive for my tastes. An even balance between horizontal and vertical pulls in the 18-24 set range is an excellent level to aim for.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.