Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does cellulite get more prominent before it goes away

This is something I've noticed before in the past (lifting and dieting = seeing results and gaining cellulite, seeing more results and cellulite slowly disappears) but haven't really 'taken note of' so I'm not sure if I'm imagining things.

I had no cellulite before I took a long break from working out/eating good.

Break was from the end of November to mid-February.

During that time I was mostly bloated and didn't have the definition I had before, cellulite appeared on my legs. Started working out again (lifting as heavy as possible, no cardio) in February and have cleaned up my diet (still working on it but I'd say 75% of my diet is back to normal). I have lost the bloat, my clothes fit normally, I look better but still don't have as much definition as before...and the cellulite has gotten worse. I weigh 118 lbs and will not wear shorts like this lol. I'm under the impression that it could be from a muscle pump pushing against the fat...and will disappear soon when the fat is lost or when the muscles get used to working out again? Help! Someone calm my nerves

temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) temptress9999 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've heard that once you have it that it never goes away completely but you can minimize it a lot by diet and exercise. I'm not sure if this is entirely true. Anyone else have any data on this?

BUMP

thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thedrummer105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are at the age to where your body is starting to put more fat weight in the hip and thigh areas.. this is generally between 22-25 ish. Its one of those things to be on top of diet/exercise-wise to limit the deposition of those fat cells.

Originally Posted by KFlynn13 View Post
    This is something I've noticed before in the past (lifting and dieting = seeing results and gaining cellulite, seeing more results and cellulite slowly disappears) but haven't really 'taken note of' so I'm not sure if I'm imagining things.

During that time I was mostly bloated and didn't have the definition I had before, cellulite appeared on my legs. Started working out again (lifting as heavy as possible, no cardio) in February and have cleaned up my diet (still working on it but I'd say 75% of my diet is back to normal). I have lost the bloat, my clothes fit normally, I look better but still don't have as much definition as before...and the cellulite has gotten worse. I weigh 118 lbs and will not wear shorts like this lol. I'm under the impression that it could be from a muscle pump pushing against the fat...and will disappear soon when the fat is lost or when the muscles get used to working out again? Help! Someone calm my nerves
    Amber R.
    Masters in Health Promotion and Human Performance

KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thedrummer105 View Post
    You are at the age to where your body is starting to put more fat weight in the hip and thigh areas.. this is generally between 22-25 ish. Its one of those things to be on top of diet/exercise-wise to limit the deposition of those fat cells.

It's not my age, because I get cellulite when I'm not consistently working out or eat like crap. Maybe I worded the OP wrong. If I take a break then have to improve my body, the cellulite gets worse before it goes away.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's not my age, because I get cellulite when I'm not consistently working out or eat like crap. Maybe I worded the OP wrong. If I take a break then have to improve my body, the cellulite gets worse before it goes away.
    When you lean out you reach a point where your muscles are flat but you haven't lost enough fat yet to really see your muscles yet. Everything looks worse at this point. As you lose more fat it'll improve. Then when you get your cals back up (and keep working out ) you refill the muscles and everything looks even better.

SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is the sage I'm at... so should I be eating lower than maint. cals?
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    When you lean out you reach a point where your muscles are flat but you haven't lost enough fat yet to really see your muscles yet. Everything looks worse at this point. As you lose more fat it'll improve. Then when you get your cals back up (and keep working out ) you refill the muscles and everything looks even better.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by SammiVeg View Post
    This is the sage I'm at... so should I be eating lower than maint. cals?
    If you're eating maintenance cals or above, you shouldn't be at that point. If you are eating at a deficit and have reached this point you keep going. The point is to not get discouraged and think losing fat is a pointless endeavor.

CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50) CottageChz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You and your wisdom and advice is such a God send!

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Unhappy

God, I hope you're right...this is exactly the place where I am now, lol...

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    God, I hope you're right...this is exactly the place where I am now, lol...
    I'm there myself! It always sucks, and can easily make you question everything. But it gets better.

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

I'm there myself! It always sucks, and can easily make you question everything. But it gets better.
    Yes, this is the point where I start questioning the wisdom of trying to lean out more. Hoping to break through the negative thoughts this time.

Brings up some interesting thoughts on self perception though...how we see ourselves vs. how others see us..as we scrutinize every inch of our bodies. My friend/trainer suggested I try to avoid looking at myself naked for several weeks and try to just trust that Im doing the right thing and training hard, and reassessing at that point based on hard evidence (like inches) vs. what I "feel" is happening...probably good advice...

SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10) SammiVeg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm right there with you! I'm at the point where I feel like for what I'm doing I should be getting more results but then I feel how my clothes are fitting and I'm am getting results... just not as fast as impatient little me would like

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    Yes, this is the point where I start questioning the wisdom of trying to lean out more. Hoping to break through the negative thoughts this time.

Brings up some interesting thoughts on self perception though...how we see ourselves vs. how others see us..as we scrutinize every inch of our bodies. My friend/trainer suggested I try to avoid looking at myself naked for several weeks and try to just trust that Im doing the right thing and training hard, and reassessing at that point based on hard evidence (like inches) vs. what I "feel" is happening...probably good advice...

ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi!,

In my experience with cellulite I had to concentrate on cleansing my liver and work on detoxifying my body . This is not an easy thing to do It is emotional and difficult. The pay off is I don't have cellulite.

This is just my opinion but after working out with some really amazing body builders and figure competitors I realize that everyone even the most lean and chiseled have the same issues as a woman like me. I have come to realize that when I am holding on to fat or have reached a plateau or I am binging on **** food it is a signal I am holding on to emotional pain I have a mental block that is getting in the way of my achieving my goals.

This is why I love fitness because it has improved me as a person has challenged my beliefs about myself and has pushed me beyond what I thought i was capable of. I also have come to realize my limitations and be grateful for whats is the mirror starring back at me even if what I see is the result of a week or 2 of eating crap or when no matter what I'm doing doesnt seem to be working.

I have transitioned myself from being a very superficial person to being a grateful person. I owe this change in my entire being to all the imperfections that got me to change in the first place.

Originally Posted by ToraAdams View Post
    Hi!,

In my experience with cellulite I had to concentrate on cleansing my liver and work on detoxifying my body . This is not an easy thing to do It is emotional and difficult. The pay off is I don't have cellulite.

This is just my opinion but after working out with some really amazing body builders and figure competitors I realize that everyone even the most lean and chiseled have the same issues as a woman like me. I have come to realize that when I am holding on to fat or have reached a plateau or I am binging on **** food it is a signal I am holding on to emotional pain I have a mental block that is getting in the way of my achieving my goals.

This is why I love fitness because it has improved me as a person has challenged my beliefs about myself and has pushed me beyond what I thought i was capable of. I also have come to realize my limitations and be grateful for whats is the mirror starring back at me even if what I see is the result of a week or 2 of eating crap or when no matter what I'm doing doesnt seem to be working.

I have transitioned myself from being a very superficial person to being a grateful person. I owe this change in my entire being to all the imperfections that got me to change in the first place.
    Detox from what?

Good grief. My diet is free of milk protein, gluten, corn, and sulfites. I never eat processed food. Only added salt is what I lightly sprinkle on asparagus before cooking.

No offense but detoxing is the wrong way to look at this. What you did was lose body fat and probably gained some muscle. You cleaned up your diet which gave your body better nutrients to work with while losing fat, making it more efficient. But it's wrong to correlate eating better with less cellulite. You're attributing cause and effect incorrectly. One can eat cleaner than a nun thinks and still have cellulite and excess body fat.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hi!,

Wow.......deep, especially for topic of cellulite .

ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToraAdams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I bet what you want to hear is "no you will never get rid of your cellulite!"

Sorry you wont hear it from me. I have seen too many miracles of the sick getting well, 400lb woman getting down to 150lb .Flabby mommy bodies turned AMAZING entering figure competitions and I'll tell you right now after many conversations and watching the dedication and hard work all comes down to attitude and the willingness to have an open mind. If you dont like my process thats fine by me. Dont knock it before you try it.

This is me today Thursday April 14 2011
    113lbs 1 hour in the gym including stretching

melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) melissajoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

feeling the pain

I am 3 1/2 weeks post contest and feeling AWFUL!!! I finally met my goal of getting that pro card- had a rough 2 weeks of eating- just wanted chocolate (and I hate chocolate). I gave in to all kinds of cravings. I feel bloated and like I look worse than ever- I can't get rid of this bloated feeling/look and it is starting to play awful mental games. I know I am still as lean because I still haven't gotten my period- I have even taken 2 pregrncy tests to make sure.

Any advice would be great- I am ready to give up!!!

I bet what you want to hear is "no you will never get rid of your cellulite!"

Sorry you wont hear it from me. I have seen too many miracles of the sick getting well, 400lb woman getting down to 150lb .Flabby mommy bodies turned AMAZING entering figure competitions and I'll tell you right now after many conversations and watching the dedication and hard work all comes down to attitude and the willingness to have an open mind. If you dont like my process thats fine by me. Dont knock it before you try it.

This is me today Thursday April 14 2011
    113lbs 1 hour in the gym including stretching
    Girl, you look great! No doubt about it. You lost fat and gained muscle. Which is what we preach here all the time.

I'm glad you vanquished any demons you had that were holding you back from losing fat and gaining muscle. It's not your process though.

lol you have entirely missed the point . I am not speaking about losing fat . Losing fat is not the aim removing crap from the organs allows the liver to flush toxins. Many people believe cellulite is a mixture toxins and fat.

Toxins in the body are not just about what we consume but also about negative ways of living and thinking and believing. When the mental state begins to change so does the body. I know this not just from my own experience but from countless others I am continually inspired by. My happiness is not contingent on how fat or thin I am or how further ahead someone is compared to me. Its more important to be kind to myself and never give up.

research research research there are many many ways to reach optimal health

lol you have entirely missed the point . I am not speaking about losing fat . Losing fat is not the aim removing crap from the organs allows the liver to flush toxins. Many people believe cellulite is a mixture toxins and fat.

Toxins in the body are not just about what we consume but also about negative ways of living and thinking and believing. When the mental state begins to change so does the body. I know this not just from my own experience but from countless others I am continually inspired by. My happiness is not contingent on how fat or thin I am or how further ahead someone is compared to me. Its more important to be kind to myself and never give up.

research research research there are many many ways to reach optimal health
    No, I didn't miss the point. You did. Cellulite is fat. Plain and simple. This idea of toxins being involved is snake oil. Often making someone money.

No doubt inconsistency in diet and exercise impact results. Nothing new or new age there. Breaking bad habits and taking on new good habits is dealt with often on this site.

PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerandGrace will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is exactly what I went through when I took a break for 3 weeks. I thought I was imagining things and being paranoid but my cellulite definitely got worse before it got better, and is already starting to smooth out a bit.
    In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer.

Anything worth having is worth fighting for.

Forget mistakes, forget failures. Forget everything but what you're going to do now and do it.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    One thing I don't think anyone's mentioned in this thread is that there's this phenomenon when you're losing fat where when the fat cells release the stored fat, your body will temporarily fill the fat cells back up with water, sorta as a placeholder. Then after some period of time when your body "decides" that, ok, you aren't gonna eat an extra 10,000 calories this week and fill those fat cells back up, it will finally let that stored water in the fat cells go.

This has two consequences as I understand it. First of all it explains why weight loss isn't linear and why you'll be stuck at a certain weight for a bit then suddenly lose two or three pounds at once. And secondly, when the fat cells are full of that placeholder water, not actual fat, your fat looks more jiggly and lumpy. I've heard it referred to as "squooshy" fat. So, yeah, that's the point at which your cellulite looks worse before it looks better. When I was in active weight loss mode last summer, I would notice it periodically. The fat on my legs or belly would look extra gross and I'd get excited because I knew in a few days I'd suddenly see a drop on the scale and the disgusting area was about to look a whole lot better.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10) transformer114 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if that were the case i'd be scared, i'm trying to get into shape now and i'd be like whoa what's going on =/ good luck

angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hm. I've been thinking about this thread a few days, wondering a few of these things myself. My inner thighs *long pause* are ridiculous! Now at only 19 inches I know I don't have a lot of room to complain. I've some excellent quad separation and definition on my thighs. But my inner thighs?! Good Lord...they look dimply and they're squishy and I mean, I can look in the mirror and SEE from the front the little bit of fat deposit there. I've always had this, no matter how lean I've gotten. Since lifting heavy and starting to bulk, I was hoping they'd tighten more (everything around them is rock solid and growing!) but nope. If anything the fatty deposits have decreased but nothing major. This must be where I tend to carry most of my fat. It's the only place on my body that I consider to need to lose. I can't afford to lose fat anywhere else. Period. I usually just ignore it, train, eat and remind myself that lower body fat takes time but it's really been nagging at me lately when I look in the mirror and this thread seems to somewhat address this issue (despite the ridiculousness that WAS toxin BS or something to that effect. Combine that with a hefty dose of arrogance, general lack of knowledge and an "I know everything and you don't" attitude) and I was about ready to chime in for a round or two BUT (and this is a big 'but' here) no use jumping on a sinking ship
    "There's no special secret to losing fat under a caloric deficit. What someone should do is write a book called the Dip**** Diet. You take a ****, and dip it in peanutbutter, beat on your chest like Tarzan, chant "I AM SOMEBODY" seven times, then proceed to eat the dipped ****." - AA

*to Peter* Hey...hey big guy. You want-you want a SODA? Hmm? Do you? Do you want a SODA?? -Stewie

http://www.********.com/jess.rader1

Originally Posted by angelkisssed View Post
    Hm. I've been thinking about this thread a few days, wondering a few of these things myself. My inner thighs *long pause* are ridiculous! Now at only 19 inches I know I don't have a lot of room to complain. I've some excellent quad separation and definition on my thighs. But my inner thighs?! Good Lord...they look dimply and they're squishy and I mean, I can look in the mirror and SEE from the front the little bit of fat deposit there. I've always had this, no matter how lean I've gotten. Since lifting heavy and starting to bulk, I was hoping they'd tighten more (everything around them is rock solid and growing!) but nope. If anything the fatty deposits have decreased but nothing major. This must be where I tend to carry most of my fat. It's the only place on my body that I consider to need to lose. I can't afford to lose fat anywhere else. Period. I usually just ignore it, train, eat and remind myself that lower body fat takes time but it's really been nagging at me lately when I look in the mirror and this thread seems to somewhat address this issue (despite the ridiculousness that WAS toxin BS or something to that effect. Combine that with a hefty dose of arrogance, general lack of knowledge and an "I know everything and you don't" attitude) and I was about ready to chime in for a round or two BUT (and this is a big 'but' here) no use jumping on a sinking ship
    Does it look like that fatty area is totally detached from everything else? I went through a phase like that. The answer is to keep building. And if you're not doing sumo squats or using the adductor machine, start.

My problem area is the saddlebag. They have yet to go away. And I've gotten pretty damn lean. Building my entire lower body has helped considerably. It reshapes the entire lower body and fat deposits do not look the same. My mid thigh measurement is 20" and I think I need to get them at least to 21". You may be in the same boat.

angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10) angelkisssed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Does it look like that fatty area is totally detached from everything else? I went through a phase like that. The answer is to keep building. And if you're not doing sumo squats or using the adductor machine, start.

My problem area is the saddlebag. They have yet to go away. And I've gotten pretty damn lean. Building my entire lower body has helped considerably. It reshapes the entire lower body and fat deposits do not look the same. My mid thigh measurement is 20" and I think I need to get them at least to 21". You may be in the same boat.
    YES!!! That's an excellent way to put it! Describes this area to a T!! I do think that you're spot on (no pun intended) about increasing the thigh area. Since I'm almost certain (though I'll admit I question this...) that this area doesn't need fat reduction as much as it needs to be "filled out"...at least that's my guess. I definitely know filling out would help the extra flab that appears to just be tagging along for the ride and I don't want my legs smaller at ALL. Bulking them would seem to be the answer. I work my legs dang hard tho, so I'll admit I'm slightly surprised I've only noticed a slight increase in the fatty deposits as opposed to the dramatic leg changes I've seen all AROUND this area. So I guess it's just sucking up the annoying-ness of it all until I start seeing some changes. I'm seriously contemplating posting pics for some feedback but I'm leery of this...iono. Something to think about I spose...
    "There's no special secret to losing fat under a caloric deficit. What someone should do is write a book called the Dip**** Diet. You take a ****, and dip it in peanutbutter, beat on your chest like Tarzan, chant "I AM SOMEBODY" seven times, then proceed to eat the dipped ****." - AA

*to Peter* Hey...hey big guy. You want-you want a SODA? Hmm? Do you? Do you want a SODA?? -Stewie

Originally Posted by angelkisssed View Post
    YES!!! That's an excellent way to put it! Describes this area to a T!! I do think that you're spot on (no pun intended) about increasing the thigh area. Since I'm almost certain (though I'll admit I question this...) that this area doesn't need fat reduction as much as it needs to be "filled out"...at least that's my guess. I definitely know filling out would help the extra flab that appears to just be tagging along for the ride and I don't want my legs smaller at ALL. Bulking them would seem to be the answer. I work my legs dang hard tho, so I'll admit I'm slightly surprised I've only noticed a slight increase in the fatty deposits as opposed to the dramatic leg changes I've seen all AROUND this area. So I guess it's just sucking up the annoying-ness of it all until I start seeing some changes. I'm seriously contemplating posting pics for some feedback but I'm leery of this...iono. Something to think about I spose...
    Not even seeing picts I'm sure you need to grow the lower body out more. My legs still look like sticks at 20" You're bulking right? I know I've seen you in that thread but I can't remember what phase everyone is in. Best changes I've seen in myself came from this last bulk when I ate more than ever and followed Layne Norton's strength/hypertrophy routine (lower only for me though). I can't wait to start that long bulk again in Sept. Going to do shorter ones over the summer.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As teens in Nutrition say, ToraAdams is herping and derping ITT like a champ.
    Yes, looking good, but completely misunderstanding the point.
    Lose gat, gain muscle - the only way to minimize/get rid of cellulite.

Not even seeing picts I'm sure you need to grow the lower body out more. My legs still look like sticks at 20" You're bulking right? I know I've seen you in that thread but I can't remember what phase everyone is in. Best changes I've seen in myself came from this last bulk when I ate more than ever and followed Layne Norton's strength/hypertrophy routine (lower only for me though). I can't wait to start that long bulk again in Sept. Going to do shorter ones over the summer.
    Mmyea. My legs look like sticks :/ I'm not proud of them at all except that they're strong. And I'm liking the newly developed quad separation starting. Other than that they need more mass for sure. I am bulking, or trying to. Some days are easier than others as far as getting the needed cals in. I have to make myself stop and eat or I get so busy that it's easy to forget. Then you'll find me frantically stuffing my face after the kids go to bed to get the cals in lol...but I mean c'mon. I need to re-think this! There's only so many cals a girl can ingest in a short time period before she's DONE lol. In all seriousness though, I'm trying oh so hard to get it right. That's why I hesitate to post pics because I'm actually ashamed at how little muscle I have. Strength gains, muay much. Muscle growth, not as much as I'd like. All comes down to the basics, as the OP before me posted. Gotta suck it up and nail it to see results. All of the information/facts are staring me in the face. Slapping me in the face, even. Time to apply it and stop being such a pussy. I'm frustrated with myself!

cookieloca has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Red face

Hey ladies i read this whole thread! first of all your not crazy im noticing the same thing! i see this was a year ago so please tell me did it get better!???? i started the gym last week for the first time in 4 years, i've been hitting it hard actually loving it doing weights and cardio, went from 21% body fat to 17.5% in a week, and im looking good! (trainer can't believe it) but im looking at my legs and ass and the cellulite is definitely looking more prominent! So A) is it going to go away? B) will it start looking even worse!? C) what can i do to make it go away or look better faster, C) does that vibration machine work on it or is it a myth.. anyway any help to this newbie will be much appreciated! Cheers