Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Lol @ idiots who say college degrees are useless

lol @ people who can't handle college and try to find shortcuts

I have compasion LikenessOfVanity's Avatar
    LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000)
    I went to college. I think college degrees are a scam. Coulda gone straight to the working world and would be making way more money right now. Having a college degreee now is nothing special, everyone has one.
    sup guy

KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KillerRabbity has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    when u look at it in the grand scheme of things, its mostly to condition you to take orders, prioritize, and manage time. all mandatory skills for an average drone in the workforce

certifacations are a much better/more efficient means of education
    Misc Blazed Music crew
    Smokeless tobacco crew

mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mirinbeachbody has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by LikenessOfVanity View Post
    I went to college. I think college degrees are a scam. Coulda gone straight to the working world and would be making way more money right now. Having a college degreee now is nothing special, everyone has one.
    so......... what if you have a college degree and work experience?
    and what kind of job do you have?

MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MiKey4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe in the US where you pay huge amounts. Over here it's pretty hard to get on a good career ladder without one. Plus, you spend a few years learning what you want, making new friends and partying.

How could it be a waste?

LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000) LikenessOfVanity is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mirinbeachbody View Post
    so......... what if you have a college degree and work experience?
    and what kind of job are you talking?
    You paid more money to be in the same spot that you already are. If you're smart enough and have the ethic then college is just a money pit. A degree is mandatory for some jobs, but there's alot you can do without it.

I work in video production. Woulda made way more sense to just start working after high school because experience beats educations by 9000%. You don't realize this until after you make it to the working world. I feel swindled.
    sup guy

You paid more money to be in the same spot that you already are. If you're smart enough and have the ethic then college is just a money pit. A degree is mandatory for some jobs, but there's alot you can do without it.
    Generally, the professions that pay more require a degree.

damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) damlurker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Got a BS in Electrical Engineering last year...

no one gives a fuk.. starting to agree with those "idiots" OP mentions.

Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50) Enlightenment will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm dropping out after this semester to concentrate on building my business

Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chodester has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It depends on what you wanna do in life.

Generally, the professions that pay more require a degree.
    If you live in the northeast, you're gonna be making bank going to a technical school and learning a trade then going to college for "business" or something.

Or, This world is so ****ing full of people that if you're smart enough you could just start your own business. THere are so many opportunities to profit off of our society.
    sup guy

tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000) tanajerner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i didnt go college and glad i didnt i like to work and earn money
    ♡♡♡UKGB♡♡♡ WWE Misc Faction of the year!!! As voted by you

You're either with us or against us either way all your end of year awards are belong to us

notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000)
    Me wentz 2 colige und drops out, it neva did me ny harm. I luv my gob as bin man

spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000) spursbrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    College isn't for everyone that's for sure. It's a business just like everything else, go pay a school tens of thousands for some "lucrative" degree, get into debt, because after all you need college to make "big bucks". So stupid.

lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000) lwild is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by notsoslimjim View Post
    Me wentz 2 colige und drops out, it neva did me ny harm. I luv my gob as bin man
    repped
    PBs:
    Oly Squat: 145 kg
    Front Squat: 125 kg
    Strict Overhead Press: 75x2 kg
    Push Press: 90 kg
    Bench Press: 100 kg
    Deadlift: 180 kg
    Power|Full Clean: 95|100 kg
    (Hang) Power Snatch: 72.5 kg
    40-Yard Dash: 4.7s
    3-Cone Drill: 6.8s

My Strength Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129882473

☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ~misc audiophile crew

wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wayprotein is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by notsoslimjim View Post
    the funny thing about that comment is most garbage men make more then college graduates.

Originally Posted by Fulgoreism View Post
    College isn't for everyone that's for sure. It's a business just like everything else, go pay a school tens of thousands for some "lucrative" degree, get into debt, because after all you need college to make "big bucks". So stupid.
    Yeah it doesn't work out well for everyone. People get into massive debt, party too much and don't do well in college, and get screwed later on. That's something that occurs often. Assuming you've got a game plan, it can only help.

BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) BobQ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ITT a bunch of people who think the purpose of education is to maximise how much money you make.

notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000) notsoslimjim is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wayprotein View Post
    the funny thing about that comment is most garbage men make more then college graduates.
    Not where I live they don't.

my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) my.self is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I work in video production. Woulda made way more sense to just start working after high school because experience beats educations by 9000%. You don't realize this until after you make it to the working world. I feel swindled.
    it really depends on what ur pursuing. in ur case, sure, i suppose experience is more important than a degree in that profession and i agree. but dont say experience is greater than education all the time. for some things (actually a lot) u really need an education for.
    Why the misc thinks all women are cheating whores
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133661021

If you sleep with a taken girl, you condone cheating
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170015893

U.S Census Bureau: Average Annual Earnings—Different Levels of Education.

Professional Degree

$109,600
    Doctoral Degree

$89,400
    Master's Degree

$62,300
    Bachelor's Degree

$52,200
    Associate's Degree

$38,200
    Some College

$36,800
    High School Graduate

$30,400
    Some High School

$23,400

DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DC5S is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    New in english..warning!

In usa yes, canada not as much, you guys have state schools where my dog can get a degree, plus so much partying.

Post secondary in usa is a business and its so expensive for the student. So more useless degrees/programs are encouraged (hotel management, Sociology, cat dentistry, BA psychology not BSC, vending machine feng shui, etc) which devalues the system.

IMO canada education is obviously better since less students are being pumped through the system, not to mention whatever the cost of your tuition, the government is paying more than double that for each student, so costs are a lot lower so people will take what they are interested in, resulting in less idiots with easy degrees diminishing the value of all degrees.

Also Im croatia, euro style, and where im from USA education is laughed at and considered a joke, people consider americans stupid. Not saying its true its a stereotype, also this is more like high school and elementary levels.

Just my opinion. No hate an usa obviously. If you enraged from my post, your style is weak you insect.

luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    U.S Census Bureau: Average Annual Earnings—Different Levels of Education.

Professional Degree

$109,600
    Doctoral Degree

$89,400
    Master's Degree

$62,300
    Bachelor's Degree

$52,200
    Associate's Degree

$38,200
    Some College

$36,800
    High School Graduate

$30,400
    Some High School

$23,400
    ...that's assuming you still have a job
    Question: "How to lose chin fat?"
    Squat with the barbell gripped with your teeth.

Originally Posted by luckducky433 View Post
    ...that's assuming you still have a job
    yes

luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50) luckducky433 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have 4 degrees (well finishing up the 4th now)

One from America, one from Italy, one from the U.K. and this last one is from Sweden...I actually wish I had not spent so much time getting degrees. I thought international studies would be helpful on a resume, but actually they want people that have work experience...I have none post-college as I've been bouncing around countries studying (and internships in countries you don't speak the language in are quite hard to come by).

Result? 60k of debt (interest still accruing), 4 degrees, and I am being turned down by all the major US companies when applying, often citing lack of experience.

If I return to the states I'm going to end up working some middle income job with my tuition debts keeping me poor; trying to land a job in Japan currently so my wife can work as well.
    Question: "How to lose chin fat?"
    Squat with the barbell gripped with your teeth.

Originally Posted by luckducky433 View Post
    I have 4 degrees (well finishing up the 4th now)

One from America, one from Italy, one from the U.K. and this last one is from Sweden...I actually wish I had not spent so much time getting degrees. I thought international studies would be helpful on a resume, but actually they want people that have work experience...I have none post-college as I've been bouncing around countries working (and internships in countries you don't speak the language in are quite hard to come by).

Result? 60k of debt (interest still accruing), 4 degrees, and I am being turned down by all the major US companies when applying, often citing lack of experience.

If I return to the states I'm going to end up working some middle income job with my tuition debts keeping me poor; trying to land a job in Japan currently so my wife can work as well.
    sucks man... did you have an idea of what you wanted to do before getting those degrees... or did you get them just to get them?

DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DriftS30Z is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Exactly this. The only upside is that I only have 4 classes to take before heading to med school in my mid-20s rather than starting from scratch. You know what most engineering jobs require nowadays? A person that can do some CADwork.

Originally Posted by DriftS30Z View Post
    Exactly this. The only upside is that I only have 4 classes to take before heading to med school in my mid-20s rather than starting from scratch. You know what most engineering jobs require nowadays? A person that can do some CADwork.
    average age for matriculation is mid 20s nowadays (med school)

RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000)

yo

I think a few of you are ignoring the fact that school is school...

You go there to broaden your knowledge and to be a certified expert in your field of study in some cases.. However u use your degree is on you.

But anyone can do whatever they want to a degree with little or no education. But I bet you will have to make it up in experience somewhere.

That being said. College degrees are not a new concept.. Why are we trying to justify the fact that u don't need 1? Wtf... How bout I don't need cigarets or something actually debatable.

Exit highschool-ebter work force, invest 1/ joint account parent set up. Contribute just like anyone would. Fast forward and he will more than likely be going to retire just like dr Brown or who ever with 1/4 million in student loan debt that will eventually come out ahead and probably blow past dudes savings.

Only question is what do you wanna do with your life?

Crap bro. If I new how to invest when I was working at 15 I bet you I would be sitting different today..
    College is a life style choice. Me persoanally will go get kinesiology BA for my future in the gym/personal trainer/supplement market..

pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pvogel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Common sense > Intelligence > Experience > Work ethic > Ability > College Degree

A college degree doesn't mean squat other than getting you in the door at some job interviews. I believe in getting in at the ground floor, working hard, and learning the business from the ground up.

I sometimes interview candidates with degrees, most of the time I do not bother though. Most of them show up to the interview cocky and thinking they know it all, often with unrealistic salary requests. I would prefer a candidate with some solid experience in my field or related field over a piece of paper that proves nothing but the fact that you will be in debt for many years.