Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000)

Branch Warren - 2011 Arnold Review.

I don't mean to start a new thread, but here is my review of Branch Warren's performance at the 2011 Arnold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DitENBBRQ4c

Bodybuilding today is judged based on size and condition predominantly with structure and posing not counting for what they did back in the day. With that standard in mind I think it's clear why Branch won as he was the biggest and best conditioned bodybuilder at the contest.

More photos of Branch at the show which give a clear idea of his thickness and conditioning:

I think a reasonable question would be: Does Branch have what it takes to win the Mr. Olympia? Given that he beat he has beaten Dennis Wolf and Dexter Jackson more than once now and he beat Phil Heath and Kai Greene in 2009. The only person he has yet to beat is Jay Cutler and if Jay showed up looking as he did in 2007 or even 2008 I think Branch could win. Of course this would be a combination of Branch Warren's consistency as well as some other top competitors coming in off but I do believe it can happen.

Discuss.
    www.bodybuildingpro.com
    http://forum.bodybuildingpro.com

gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well he has the legs to win and the conditioning......

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Matt C View Post
    I
    I think a reasonable question would be: Does Branch have what it takes to win the Mr. Olympia? Given that he beat he has beaten Dennis Wolf and Dexter Jackson more than once now and he beat Phil Heath and Kai Greene in 2009. The only person he has yet to beat is Jay Cutler and if Jay showed up looking as he did in 2007 or even 2008 I think Branch could win. Of course this would be a combination of Branch Warren's consistency as well as some other top competitors coming in off but I do believe it can happen.

Discuss.
    No. Most of the reasons you gave are a stretch at best. The only reason Branch beat Kai and Phil in 09 is because they were both significantly off, which was proven when they both schooled Branch at the next AC. Kai could still come in off and place behind Branch as he has had consistency problems. That wouldn't be a huge surprise. But the only time Phil has come in off has been due to food poisoning. So he likely won't be off.

Plus, Jay has been 2/2 since working with Hany, so his 07 and 08 appearances are really irrelevant. He seems to have the formula down now, so again, it could happen (that he comes in off), but I don't think it's likely.

Kai's conditioning seems to be 50/50, which means Branch has a 50/50 chance of placing ahead of him. Phil's conditioning is always good, so I'd say the chance of him coming in off is slim. Jay's has also been good, so also slim. And so you start factoring in all these percents of these three guys, and the chances of them ALL coming in off are minuscule.

Plus, you have to consider the chance that Victor dries out. If he can do that, which again, probably isn't a great chance, then he could place above Branch.

And that's just looking at the other guys. What if Branch comes in off? Again, just like Phil, probably not going to happen, but there is a chance, and so that just adds to the already overwhelming chances that he won't win.

Oh, and the fact that he has beaten Dexter 4 times now and has not lost to Wolf since 07 really doesn't mean much as neither have been contenders for a while now (Dexter since 09, Wolf since 08).

Would Branch Warren winning the 2011 Olympia be the craziest thing in bodybuilding to happen? No, but I would still be stunned if it he did.
    Bench: 215x12 (17/12/2011) PR since torn RC

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

"Proper preparation prevents poor performance," - Kai Greene

Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000) Matt C is a name known to all. (+5000)
    DavisForman - I think it's safe to say that Branch is #4 in the world if everyone comes in in condition right? I might think that Victor can beat Branch too but we haven't seen that version of Victor for a while.

So it would boil down to three top pros coming in off and Branch coming in at his best. But you are right that it is probably not realistic.
    www.bodybuildingpro.com

DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DavisForman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    DavisForman - I think it's safe to say that Branch is #4 in the world if everyone comes in in condition right? I might think that Victor can beat Branch too but we haven't seen that version of Victor for a while.
    I'd agree. If Vic was peeled and dry, he could overtake Branch. It would really depend on the judges preference. But like you said, that has only happened a couple times, so as it is now, Branch is 4th if everyone is conditioned, without a doubt.

So it would boil down to three top pros coming in off and Branch coming in at his best. But you are right that it is probably not realistic.
    Pretty much sums it up. And George Farah even said that after the O last year. Branch was his best he has ever been, but he still placed 3rd, so GF commented that for Branch to take first, others will have to leave the door open.

"Being the best in your circle is not enough; you have to think bigger to become a champion. Don’t think like a small fish in a big pond or else when you get to the ocean you’ll be eaten alive." - Fouad Abiad

Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bobby1291 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good posts Davis. I agree with you. I see it that Branch is around 4th. Jay would be first, Phil/Kai second, Victor third, and Branch 4th. And that's only if everybody comes in 100%. Obviously it's almost impossible for all 4 of them to come in at 100%, but there's still a chance.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with all said so far: as prestigious as winning the Arnold is, as we know, winning the Arnold is not a lock for winning the Olympia, due to the fact, as pointed out, that the top 2 or so guys don't go back and compete in the Arnold after a while....

also, I don't think true "thickness" and size can be seen with just a 2D photo: the judges doing the live pre-judging pick up a lot more than we see in the photos....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Screwtape has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't mean to start a new thread, but here is my review of Branch Warren's performance at the 2011 Arnold:
    You don't see many competitors with that granite-like hardness and vascularity. It definitely makes Branch an immediate stand-out in any line-up. And he manages to be in this condition virtually every time he competes.

Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    You don't see many competitors with that granite-like hardness and vascularity. It definitely makes Branch an immediate stand-out in any line-up. And he manages to be in this condition virtually every time he competes.
    Very true on Branch's consistency! I have never seen Branch up close in contest shape. I wonder if he feels like steel to the touch.
    www.bodybuildingpro.com

Molecular Nutrition Rep SwolenONE's Avatar
    SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwolenONE has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    such a thickly muscled guy, between that and the vascularity he has an entirely different look than many top pros and i can certainly see how he beats out more aesthetic physiques.

Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    I agree with all said so far: as prestigious as winning the Arnold is, as we know, winning the Arnold is not a lock for winning the Olympia, due to the fact, as pointed out, that the top 2 or so guys don't go back and compete in the Arnold after a while....
    The weight that winning the Arnold carries depends completely on who is there. In fact, that can be said for any show. And this year, as good/exciting as the Arnold was, Jay, Kai and Phil weren't there, so you have to take Branch's Arnold Classic win with a grain of salt.

Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000)
    synthol biceps and forearms like matchsticks

BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlackNumero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'd put Branch just breaking third right now. Not because a 100% Branch would beat a 100% Kai, but based off their past placings I'd have Branch slightly above Kai in the vague "overall rankings". If Kai shows up good at the NY Pro I might change their placings even before the 2011 Olympia, but as of now I'd just have Branch over Kai. I'm not convinced he can come the way he wants to (270-280lbs) in good condition, since the past three shows hes been in (save the Aussie Pro) he has come in off.

My rankings right now would be (not based on 100% bullcrap, since its extremely hard to say whats 100% etc etc)

1. Jay-in his current "form" has yet to be beaten by any of these guys. Was beat by Dex in 08, but he seems to have regressed in the past couple of years.

2. Phil-keeps improving, his only screwup was when he got food poisoning (so his fans say). Arguably 2010 Mr. O.

3. Branch-keeps improving,comes in with the conditioning that judges seem so fanatical about. Personally I think his upperbody looks atrocious in some shots, but I'm trying to base these off IFBB judge criteria, who seem to not be concerned as much.

4. Kai-Has the potential (as he has in the past) to beat the above guys, but he lost some ground trying to play the mass game.

5. Wolf-After his 10 Olympia/11 AC, has shown the potential to beat the guys below him, even while they were more or less "on". If he can get his 07 fullness at the Olympia with AC conditioning he might surprise the judges and leapfrog over one or to of the above placings, but his apparent lack of completeness will always hurt him.

6. Martinez-If he ever can dial his conditioning real good he can beat everyone above (depending on how they look). His problem is he always looks too soft with weak legs, and now he seems to have grown a belly.

7. Evan-He might keep improving, but I don't think anything drastic in the short term, especially because he just took two years off and some of his flaws weren't corrected. In his current form when hes on he can beat an off Wolf or Martinez, but when they are on (or at least enough) I'd give the nod to both of them over Evan.

8. Rockel-keeps getting better and better. A real complete bodybuilder, his only weaknesses are his back and gut. I have him surpassing Dex soon in official placings.

9. Dex-seems to keep regressing by losing crucial mass and not coming in conditioned enough. He has 1-2 shows in him left tops IMO, unless he pulls off a good placing at the O.

10. ???-too hard to pick one name imo.
    Frustrated at bodybuilding? Read my rant:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148817673&page=1

gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gabswithabs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Leoric View Post
    synthol biceps and forearms like matchsticks
    Hey Troll, so i thought you got banned? Made a new account? Haha

lpunderground has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bodybuilding is going downhill minus phil heath

Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Darren in Gym is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Id say Branch is 4th, with Kai in 3rd, Phil, then Jay in first. Vic, even at his best, would lose to Branch. The guy is massive and has the shape but he has never brought the dryness (always opting to come in full). IF he did come in dry i think he would lose alot of his fullness and shape and that is probably why he never goes for it. Plus his quads hurt him in the front shots.

Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000) Leoric is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gabswithabs View Post
    Hey Troll, so i thought you got banned? Made a new account? Haha
    not trolling
    just my opinion. i think branch looks good, except for his arms. they are very "bad" for a pro-BB. and if you have some expirience you'd see what i see!

Here is another video that I did comparing Branch Warren vs. Dennis Wolf at the 2011 Arnold Classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN648IPkS2Q

www.bodybuildingpro.com

lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lovebbing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by lpunderground View Post
    bodybuilding is going downhill minus phil heath
    lol.

the revenue for the industry is only growing larger every year, along with the amount of pros and fans.

/yourself

Originally Posted by Leoric View Post
    not trolling
    just my opinion. i think branch looks good, except for his arms. they are very "bad" for a pro-BB. and if you have some expirience you'd see what i see!
    WHATTT?!!!?
    Dude your crazy. His forearms are not the best but their not match sticks. In real life I would bet there bigger than your legs.

Originally Posted by gabswithabs View Post
    WHATTT?!!!?
    Dude your crazy. His forearms are not the best but their not match sticks. In real life I would bet there bigger than your legs.
    certainly not
    but I agree that they may be bigger than mine.

my point is that his forearms dont match to the rest of the body. they look skinny compared to other pros. same problem like DW with his calves. but in my opinion it destroys at least the fdb and the bdb because of the thin forearms. not to talk about his biceps, which looks very obviously to me.

Price1992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am not one to disrespect world class bodybuilders. However, after watching thousands of bodybuilding videos for hours on end on sleepless nights I have come to find something particular with Branch Warren. I know that with such heavy weights people can't just squat all the way down or bench to full extension, but my theory proceeds to be this.. If Branch Warren extended his range of movement for each rep on each set I feel that he would be able to turn his already incredible body into an amazing one. I see other bodybuilders doing similar weight and doing half reps and so on but when I watch Branch it seems like his movement is only minute in comparison. Just my two cents, no disrespect to Branch, an amazing bodybuilder nevertheless.

asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000) asbrus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Branch is a c0llecti0n 0f t0rn b0dy parts.