PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shoulder Press and Bench To much for shoulders?

Hi Guys

Im new here and im on a Fat to Fit mission. I have my Diet worked out but i have a question as far as my workout goes.

Its a full body workout that i do 2 times a week.

Bench Press
    Seated Row
    Deadlift
    Pull Up
    Squat
    Shoulder Press
    Lat Raise
    Curls
    Tri Push down

2 Sets each 8-12.. nothing fancy!

Question i have is The shoulder Press Seems to be working the same muscle as the bench press (Lat Deltoid?) Is that over working that muscle?

I can hit the other shoulder muscles with the lat raises (Standing and Bent over)

According to exrx.net i don't need to do both the bench press and the shoulder press that i should select another deltoid exercise because the Lat Deltoid gets a lot of work as a stabilizer for the Bench press.

Any ideas i'm lost on this one?? !!

Thanks

powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10) powderprotein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its not overworking it imo. Bench press does hit delts and tris but is primarily for the pectorals. Over head shoulder pressing will be more focused on the delts and hits them differently.

If I could make a suggestion to your program it would be to do at least 1 warm up set before your 2 working sets for each exercise.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You should be fine, although, that is quite an intensive compound-filled routine.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    You should be fine, although, that is quite an intensive compound-filled routine.
    This^^

They are compound lifts hitting some of the same muscles, but a lot of different ones as well.

If you want to mix it up, do the overhead press while standing. It will bring more muscle groups into play and really emphasize the "compound" in compound.
    Semper Fidelis

PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PumpingPounds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the reply's guys!

Yep it is a lot of compound exercises in thinking of splitting it into a Upper/Lower Split as i get more advanced.

Thanks again!