Drag0ntamer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Does just lifting still help with fat loss?

OK, I started working out when I was 118lbs. I began breaking my metabolism and eating everything I could while working out and got up to 145. I stopped working out for 6 months, but did not change my diet and got up to 160 with fat.

I am now trying to lose that body fat without losing my muscle mass. Basically I want to continue bulking and while losing body fat. I'm afraid to do cardio since I was told doing cardio and lifting would hurt my muscle building. So, here is my question, can I just do lifting and ab workouts to burn fat while continuing to bulk up? I'm just not sure what to do, sorry if this is a noob question.

Note, I mainly gained fat around my belly.

Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Studdmuffin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    can drop fat to a certain point with weights but cardio isn't going to kill our gains man. lift first then just do 10-20 min of cardio 3-4 times a week and you'll be fine. i recommend drinking some aminos during your training and that will aid in preventing muscle loss and increase efficiency of fat loss. Now if you switch to circuit training you will lose plenty of fat while still lifting but i don't see you gaining much muscle.

Originally Posted by BraxtonCarey View Post
    OK, I started working out when I was 118lbs. I began breaking my metabolism and eating everything I could while working out and got up to 145. I stopped working out for 6 months, but did not change my diet and got up to 160 with fat.

I am now trying to lose that body fat without losing my muscle mass. Basically I want to continue bulking and while losing body fat. I'm afraid to do cardio since I was told doing cardio and lifting would hurt my muscle building. So, here is my question, can I just do lifting and ab workouts to burn fat while continuing to bulk up? I'm just not sure what to do, sorry if this is a noob question.

Note, I mainly gained fat around my belly.
    There is no significant change without a great deal of pain

https://thesupplementclub.com/

HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000) HealthResearch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eat roughly 130g of protein a day. (1g per lb LBM)
    Reduce calorie intake to 500 below what it takes to maintain your current weight.
    Lift as heavy as you possibly can. Hardcore. 3 times a week

Since you are young and fairly new to lifting you should put on decent muscle and lose fat.

If you want faster muscle and slower fat loss increase your calories.

Measure your calories carefully. Be consistent. Most people who fail, fail in these two thing.

Good luck

pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pkahnman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yea of course it can help you lose fat but cardio n diet r very important
    NY Rangers - NY Giants - NY Knicks - NY Yankees

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction"

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just you can... the key in losing weight it's your diet...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

I'm actually trying "The Caveman Diet" not sure if it is healthy or not, but I've lost a couple pounds since starting 2 weeks ago. I workout 5 days a week hardcore focusing on one muscle group with abs as a warm up while I wait for my pre-workout to kick in.

zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zodzod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    - Workout 3 times a week with weights.
    - Eat 1g protein / lb lean body mass.
    - Reduce calories to lose 1-2 lbs / week.

Weight Lifting Routine:

All Pro's 'Simple Beginner's Routine'
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

OR

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe (Google it)

Diet and Weight Loss:

Check out 'How to lose fat for Noobs':
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741

For diet and calorie calculating info be sure to read:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Basically, just read the stickies and soak up all the great information

Good luck!

I'll check those out thanks!

larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) larrysmojo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yes, with the routine you have going on you should be able to.
    Side Effect Sports Sponsored PRE-WORKOUT log --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147433803

My Transformation Thread --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525831263#post525831263
    That New trhead ---> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162767731

Instagram = jonerd