2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

More words of encouragement from the Blond Bomber...

I have posted a few of these newsletter articles from Dave Draper in the past because they are very motivating. Today's was especially good.

A workout in down times is like a life preserver to a drowning man. It’s reassurance to the anxious, a relief to the overwhelmed, a release for the over-wrought, a retreat for the lost and lonely, a loving hug to the brokenhearted, an expression for the voiceless, an elixir to the weak and weary and an escape to the trapped. Workouts breathe life into the hollow and hopeless form.

Health and fitness through lifting and right eating is a lifestyle sought by a fine slice of passionate people. They are few and they are strong. They find delight in training as they build and balance their bodies, minds and souls. Sharing disciplines, sacrifices, grunts and groans, distinct joy is evident among those who are devoted to the cast-iron cause. And a dust of rust adds fine flavor, tone and certainty to their deed.

My life, I confess, is a mess when my workouts are not in order. As if this was not enough, I find it difficult to determine which came first, the mess or the workout disorder. You can be sure I dedicate many dynamic afternoons attempting to sort out the mystery, only to slip into the gym out of frustration, have a monster workout and totally forget whatever it was that puzzled me in the first place.

By golly, I think we’re getting somewhere.

Don’t you love it when your training clicks; you’re consistently arriving at the gym on time, you’re unhurried, you know what you want, can and should do and the latter three are in sync? The energy is solid, you’re in good repair, the pump is within reach and the equipment is at hand. The weights are tight and your muscles are loose and the groove is easy.

Life’s not perfect, you accept its flaws. You embrace, you focus and flow, you engage. Priorities organize, distractions vaporize, accomplishments materialize. You’re in charge: The first 60 minutes are a solid execution, the next minutes are a bold fight and the last 15 are a mighty struggle to the end. You walk away without a limp… oohrah… only minor brain damage.

In my fight against stress, doubt, fear and anger, no weapon or defense serves me more effectively than a burly bout with the iron (I still keep a Glock 45 in my gym bag just in case). Wits suggest confronting the disabling conditions directly, but their origins are often disguised, hidden or unapproachable. Through the force exerted during a good workout, and the discipline and focus to apply such force, troubles are often clarified, diminished, resolved or eliminated.

And this not by magic, trickery or accident.

The process is multiple. It has something to do with the release of endorphins in the brain that soothe our pain. Then, there is the distraction of hefty exercise that frees the subconscious to work on problems unimpeded by our meddling conscious minds. Let’s not forget the fulfillment of real achievement in our daily life, boosting our confidence and diminishing our doubt and anxiety. Further, we can’t deny the sense of physical power and wellbeing -- the exhilaration -- we derive from the mighty expression.

The expression of hefting heavy metal overhead conveys who we are. The act is a declaration and admission, a confession and revelation. Such is the need and desire of the individual aware of his individuality: to speak out through his actions and deeds.

Note: Dropping the weights at this particular moment would be embarrassing.

As lifting weights goes a long way to neutralize our enemies and declare and demonstrate who we are, so does moving the iron develop our flesh and bones, our hearts and lungs. Only a whack job in denial or dirty-rotten liar would claim he or she doesn’t want strong, well-developed muscles. Muscles are nifty and might is swell.

Got my gym bag and rosin and wraps and belt and favorite T-shirt; got my water bottle and Ageless Growth and Bomber Blend; got my thick bars and handles and steel-riddled gym floor. I’ve got an occasional heartbeat and a handful of exercises, from presses to curls. I know a rep from a set and I can count to 20 if I have to. I’ve got time; I’ve got the will; I’ve got the guts; I’ve got the love.

Well, at least I’ve got the time…

Stay warm, stay cool… God’s speed... Dave

I love this guy!
    Last edited by Wildtim; 03-17-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    David

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    And this not by magic, trickery or accident.
    Many profound statements in there, but this ^^^^ one really caught my attention.

Dave Draper is THE MAN.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Not at all surprising I am on spread.

Great post David.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10) romesho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    That's good stuff right there!!

Lifts things&puts em down styken's Avatar
    styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000) styken is just really nice. (+1000)
    Excellent read.

Would read again.
    [[[]==[]]] [[[]==[]]]

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn...it's midnight and I'm ready to drive to the gym, break in, and start training NOW.

Good stuff, David.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow, he's a fantastic writer.
    "Unless you're a 14 year old girl what kind of pussy actually takes the time and effort to neg someone. Pathetic" -Author unknown

GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GreenWave1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I could not agree more. One of the gifts my brother gave me before he was killed was the lifestyle. After his death, it really helped pull me through. To this day it helps me stay strong in the face of everything that life throws at me.
    Jesus is my lifting partner.

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dave Draper
    The expression of hefting heavy metal overhead conveys who we are. The act is a declaration and admission, a confession and revelation. Such is the need and desire of the individual aware of his individuality: to speak out through his actions and deeds.
    Originally Posted by 2ndchance
    I love this guy!
    Ditto!

socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000) socket is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol, just got done reading this in my email. Another awsome and inspiring piece from the Blond Bomber
    I encourage all to sign up for Dave's free e-news letter. Once a week he sends out a great bit of writing just like this one.

BTW, he still has a spot in the mind/body section at the back of Iron Man mag.

bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for posting! I'm signing up for Dave's newsletter!!
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

Paul "Bear" Bryant

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by socket View Post
    I encourage all to sign up for Dave's free e-news letter. Once a week he sends out a great bit of writing just like this one.
    Ditto this! It is always a great read.
    David

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by cockywop View Post
    Wow, he's a fantastic writer.
    Indeed he is; IMO the best among all Pro bodybuilders.

Arnold might be the Face of bodybuilding, but Dave is it's Soul.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Arnold might be the Face of bodybuilding, but Dave is it's Soul.
    I like that!
    David

bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50) bamacrazy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My copy of "Brother Iron; Sister Steel"should arrive today...
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters."

Paul "Bear" Bryant

bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10) bcorny is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Now that's a great read...and so true! Thanks for posting!
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour-his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear-is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he's exhausted on the field of battle-victorious."

Vince Lombardi