PercMastaFTW has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beta Alanine of Pre-Jym?

The reviews here on this supplement are incredible, but I read that there are only 2g's of beta alanine, but it says the supporting ingredients that make it better?

I've read that before, ~3-4g's were thought to be good, but now it's 4+ grams (6.4g's tops) to see any noticeable difference.

With all those great reviews, is the BA in PreJym technically filler? Or do the other ingredients actually make it better?

Anyways, I've been trying o decide on buying a new supplement. I've tried Jack3d, MP Assault, C4, Kronic Pump, and one that was created by a popular supplement store, which I don't recall the name. KP was the best, imo. My body just seems to be tolerant of the physical feelings of the products (felt almost nothing on c4 and assault), although I probably only take 15 pre supp doses throughout a full year (friends give me a scoop sometimes). Gonna buy my own first case. I've also seen the new supplement Kardio Fire (4g's of BA), which seems to be getting really good reviews, although limited in number.

So is the dosage of PreJym of BA even effective? Should I choose Kardio instead?

Thanks.

BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The amount of beta alanine in a preworkout is irrelevant as the benefits from the ingredient are not acute (i.e immediate). Whether it contains two grams or 10, the only difference you'll notice is the intensity of the tingling sensation.

Two grams is a reasonable dose (the tingles won't be too intense) and would make bulk beta alanine last that much longer if you accounted for it on days you used the product. This would be the most cost effective plan as the benefits of beta alanine are reaped once you've topped off your carnosine stores and keep them topped of which comes with consistent dosing in the 3.2+ gram range.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ^^ yes. OP, basically this means that the amount of BA in Stoppani's product is enough to make some people feel the tingles, and therefor make them think they have something magical. However, it should not be your sole source of BA for the day. Buy some bulk BA and add about 2-3 grams in a post workout shake and you are solid.

Ah I see!! So it would be more effective to have a 2g pre supp then take 2 more grams later, than having a pre supplement with 4 grams?

Will the 2 grams still be effective if I can't afford any more extra BA?

2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by PercMastaFTW View Post
    Ah I see!! So it would be more effective to have a 2g pre supp then take 2 more grams later, than having a pre supplement with 4 grams?

Will the 2 grams still be effective if I can't afford any more extra BA?
    trust me, if you can afford pre jym, you can afford bulk beta alanine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/betaalanine.html

$12 for 100g

Ive tried this specific one. Allmax nutrition is legit. good stuff
    Controlled labs and PES Supporter

My transformation to inspire others:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155605783

Follow me on Instagram: Kuzfitness

Originally Posted by 2010gt1 View Post
    trust me, if you can afford pre jym, you can afford bulk beta alanine

$12 for 100g

Ive tried this specific one. Allmax nutrition is legit. good stuff
    Thanks!!! Hmmm, I'm pretty noob at all these supplements. When do I take the BA, etc.?

Also, I want to get the most important supplement for working out. After pre-workout supplements and protein, would BA be the most important supplement to have? And if so, HOW much more effective is it to have it part of my plan? Thanks a lot guys.

2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000) 2010gt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks!!! Hmmm, I'm pretty noob at all these supplements. When do I take the BA, etc.?

Also, I want to get the most important supplement for working out. After pre-workout supplements and protein, would BA be the most important supplement to have? And if so, HOW much more effective is it to have it part of my plan? Thanks a lot guys.

Since your new I would just stick with the essientials:

Protein of your choosing.... Optimum nutrition, dymatize, Controlled Labs, Muscletech are very popular brands.
    Fish Oil - I reccomend Orange Oximega by controlled labs
    Multivitamin - I would go with Orange Triad by Controlled labs

Again this is just my personal opinion.

And no BA is def. not the most important supplement to have. those 3 that I mentioned though are very arguably so though.

I would buy those 3 things and if you have enough $$ left over then think about pre workout products

BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Timing isn't relevant at all. Just space it out in two to three doses and you'll be good to go.

As for importance of supplements, there aren't any that I would designate as "important" since 99% of your progress will be predicated by proper diet, training and rest/recovery.

With that said, the foundational supplements that are easily the most cost effective would be creatine, beta alanine and fish oil. Protein powder can be beneficial if you're struggling to hit your macronutrient/caloric goals.

As of now it seems like you're putting a lot of emphasis on supplements which is ill-advised. Have you spent any time in the nutrition forum or workout programs forum making sure you have a solid understanding of proper nutrition and training?

Thanks guys. Yeah, Bogus, I haven't looked at that yet. I've taken just multivitamins daily, and pea protein for working out. The fish oil I haven't tried. When during the day do you take that?

I know from the times I've tried the pre-workouts, I've noticed good improvements during the time at the gym and really liked it, so I really wanted to get my own tub.

Thanks guys. Yeah, Bogus, I haven't looked at that yet. I've taken just multivitamins daily, and pea protein for working out. The fish oil I haven't tried. When during the day do you take that?

I know from the times I've tried the pre-workouts, I've noticed good improvements during the time at the gym and really liked it, so I really wanted to get my own tub.
    I wouldn't concern yourself too much with timing of fish oil. For me, I try to avoid taking it before a workout because fish burps can be a bit rough depending on the product.

I am a big fan of preworkouts but my advice has been centered around steering your focus towards the main aspects of achieving your goals and trying to set proper expectations about what supplements can and can't do for your progress.

Pre JYM would be one of the more well rounded and "complete" options for a preworkout but be warned that 300 mg's of caffeine is nothing to scoff at.

Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fishman15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

OP, I would look into some additional bulk creatine. PJ has only 2g per scoop. I would add another 2g or so on workout days and that way you will have some also for days you are not working out. The folks in the know around here say 5g per day.

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 2010gt1 View Post
    Since your new I would just stick with the essientials:

Protein of your choosing.... Optimum nutrition, dymatize, Controlled Labs, Muscletech are very popular brands.
    Fish Oil - I reccomend Orange Oximega by controlled labs
    Multivitamin - I would go with Orange Triad by Controlled labs

Again this is just my personal opinion.

And no BA is def. not the most important supplement to have. those 3 that I mentioned though are very arguably so though.

I would buy those 3 things and if you have enough $$ left over then think about pre workout products
    I would argue that creatine and beta alanine, from a performance enhancement perspective, are more important than those 3. For the price and amount of research backing them, creatine and BA are two of the most highly regarded supplements for muscular endurance and intermuscular energy.

Originally Posted by MasterBench View Post
    I would argue that creatine and beta alanine, from a performance enhancement perspective, are more important than those 3. For the price and amount of research backing them, creatine and BA are two of the most highly regarded supplements for muscular endurance and intermuscular energy.
    that is very good arguement sir, and I agree. I mean I take both personally, and frankly, I love them both.

those 3 I listed are just my personal priority, thats all.