Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Dumbbell press issue

Okay here's the thing. On chest day I typically do flat bench, incline, decline, and then dumbbell press with a bit of incline. I know most people either do barbell bench or dumbbell press.. or they alternate between the two but I find doing both works best for me.

Anyway, on barbell flat, incline, and decline, I am able to keep the bar pretty much perfectly straight throughout each rep.

The same seems to be for dumbbell press EXCEPT during the last couple reps. It feels like I have explosive strength and I am able to do tons of reps but all of a sudden around my 5th or 6th rep without any warning, my left side completely gives out and I can not get it up for the life of me. On the right side it feels like I am able to do about 3 or 4 more reps.

What I find really weird about this is I don't feel it coming on while I'm doing my reps. Each side feels equal in endurance but my left side just always gives out really fast.

My question is how can I help solve this and is this because that side is weaker, or is it because I used that side more during the barbell presses and it's more tired? It would be interesting to know if this is because that particular side is weaker or stronger.

My chest is just now beginning to show growth and here is a picture of me recently. Is it noticeable that one side is stronger/bigger?

Please help thanks guys, measly reps to be given.

wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) wwarrior2469 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the "giving out" most likely is coming from the shoulder and not the chest.

by time you get to these DB presses your body is probably quite fatigued and you're gonna fail quickly where your body is weakest (probably the shoulders).

try doing the DB presses first and see if the same thing happens.

Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Realistg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wwarrior2469 View Post
    the "giving out" most likely is coming from the shoulder and not the chest.

by time you get to these DB presses your body is probably quite fatigued and you're gonna fail quickly where your body is weakest (probably the shoulders).

try doing the DB presses first and see if the same thing happens.
    Alright thanks man, it's really funny that you said that because I was thinking the same thing that maybe it's my shoulders and I never thought of that before until today.

Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sir-Squat-alot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am 90% sure that this is a shoulder related problem (talking from experience, my shoulders are pretty f*cked), next time you are training, try and feel whether your chest is ACTUALLY fatigued, if not then it is most definetly something else. I would suggest really focusing on your shoulders/triceps for a while. If you have the same problem it might be something deeper concerning your rotator cuff etc etc. Just look up rotator cuff exercises, they are extremely basic and easy.
    Ayrton Senna R.I.P > The greatest ever.

*Cigar Crew*
    *Scotch Crew*
    *Piss in the shower crew*
    *Take dumps and mush it down the drain in the shower crew*
    *Squirt spa jets up my anus crew*

"If I was told to gut my children in order to prove my love for God or at least admire the man who did, I'd say no F*CK YOU." - Christopher Hitchens

Originally Posted by Sir-Squat-alot View Post
    I am 90% sure that this is a shoulder related problem (talking from experience, my shoulders are pretty f*cked), next time you are training, try and feel whether your chest is ACTUALLY fatigued, if not then it is most definetly something else. I would suggest really focusing on your shoulders/triceps for a while. If you have the same problem it might be something deeper concerning your rotator cuff etc etc. Just look up rotator cuff exercises, they are extremely basic and easy.
    Ty.

Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tiarnon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll third the anterior delts as a suspect. Once they are fatigued, it's very hard to keep the weight under control and then the rep fails. Happens to me too.

Focusing on getting your ant delts caught up will help you overall in your compound movements. Until then, you'll probably want to find an isolation movement for your chest to use at the end of your workout. I like cable stack crossovers or a pec fly machine to really finish them off. If you did this earlier, you could certainly do dumbell flies instead. Do you do your ant delts on chest day or on a sep shoulder day? If a sep day, are your anterior delts overtrained or never getting full recovery?