Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can intermittent fasting cause muscle loss?

So I recently decided that intermittent fasting would be the best diet plan for me to burn fat. Basically I skip breakfast (since I'm usually not that hungry in the morning anyway, then have a big lunch, a protein shake and a big dinner, all between the hours of noon and 8pm). Well today was my first day doing P90X and I was reading some of the literature that came with the program and it said somewhere that those who eat a big breakfast tend to lose weight much quicker and skipping breakfast can contribute to muscle loss due to the long period of time without protein.

But then I've seen plenty of those who post here say they had great results with IF. Can someone help me out on this?

I'm here for the gangbang bigdookie's Avatar
    bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigdookie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Minimum get your BCAAs in pre/intra/post and it shouldn't. At least it hasn't for me.

feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500) feinburgrl is not very helpful. (-500)
    Diet has very little to do with muscle gain. As long as your putting stress on your muscles and have body fat then muscle lose should not be an issue.

nuthin but a gbone thang gbone74's Avatar
    gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by feinburgrl View Post
    Diet has very little to do with muscle gain.
    Really? In what context.

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

That article may help

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Diet has very little to do with muscle gain. As long as your putting stress on your muscles and have body fat then muscle lose should not be an issue.
    How are you in the green with
    Comments like this?

NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50) NGUStaris will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    notsureifserious.mp4
    "sometimes i look at 'normal' people and wonder how they can be content living such placid, boring, predictable lives working boring 9-5 jobs for the rest of their lives, no energy or passion for anything, just waiting to die.....id rather be dead than 'normal'."-Zyzz

Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wendal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PhiSig2298 View Post
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/10/top-ten-fasting-myths-debunked.html

That article may help
    Looks interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks!

NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NJleanmachine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not sure who this person is, but do not listen to him.

NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Wendal View Post
    Looks interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks!
    I like how you jump into IF without any knowledge about it at all> I suggest you invest a little more time in researching something you decide to try.

That above article is a place to start, but don't stop there.
    The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.

IIFYM!!
    IF!!!
    OH YEAH!!

I will do today what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

pablosandavol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablosandavol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablosandavol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablosandavol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pablosandavol has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    feinburgrl, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

I snort protein powder Phayeser's Avatar
    Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phayeser is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pablosandavol View Post
    feinburgrl, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Lmao. Billy Madison is such a classic movie.

Eat Well. Lift Hard. TheBattalion's Avatar
    TheBattalion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBattalion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TheBattalion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat well. Train Hard. That simple.

Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WOW!!! No clue here. Your not going to gain any muscle if your diet is off. As far as muscle loss how long and what kind of daily calorie amount are we talking about. Fasting for a day or 2 no you will not. But fast for a week and you will. it's all about your body and how long. Why the fast to begin with?

Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Irondiesel58 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Wendal View Post
    So I recently decided that intermittent fasting would be the best diet plan for me to burn fat. Basically I skip breakfast (since I'm usually not that hungry in the morning anyway, then have a big lunch, a protein shake and a big dinner, all between the hours of noon and 8pm). Well today was my first day doing P90X and I was reading some of the literature that came with the program and it said somewhere that those who eat a big breakfast tend to lose weight much quicker and skipping breakfast can contribute to muscle loss due to the long period of time without protein.

But then I've seen plenty of those who post here say they had great results with IF. Can someone help me out on this?
    Wendal your first meal starts your metabolism. Cardio raises it for not just the workout but stays up and slowly lowers through out the day. Lets say about 6 hours after your cardio workout. P90X has good workouts and you should follow the diet too. Do the math. In that they tell you how to caculate your daily calories and how to adjust them for what you want to do. Lose weight gain muscle. And it works for everybody. You can trust me cause I lost over 200 lbs this passed year on P90X. My fourm name is the same on P90X. Link up with me and I'll help you.

Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sideburno will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Diet has very little to do with muscle gain.
    BS. Yes it does. Nutrition matters in muscle gain end of.

Cutting Right Now BoneDensity91's Avatar
    BoneDensity91 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is nonsense, it is never proved that fasting cause muscle loss, as long as you train enough you don't have to worry.

Read this : johnbarban.com/starving-a-word-you-should-never-use-lightly

JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10) JOE_EDGE is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    diet has very little to do with muscle gain. As long as your putting stress on your muscles and have body fat then muscle lose should not be an issue.
    wut?
    Twitter - JoeEgerton_

Productivity and Time go hand in hand,
    You must use your time wisely because you can never buy or buy back time.

Registered User noaddedhormones's Avatar
    noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    repped.....haha
    OL R&D
    NoChit

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the misc rears its ugly head again

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jimmyk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    worried about muscle loss but youre doing....p90x?

DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50) DRINKLIFTER will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think skipping a meal is fasting.
    Nothing is mandatory when you're naked.

☆☆☆GEORGIA CREW☆☆☆

coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000) coals is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This whole thread needs to be sentenced to extermination by judicious application of fire.

winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) winsthon8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So much broscience in this thread.

jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000) jimsmith9999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can lose muscle on IF, just like you can on any diet, but that will be caused by other factors unrelated meal frequency. In short, nothing specific to IF will make you lose muscle.

Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brayne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by winsthon8 View Post
    So much broscience in this thread.
    Shoulda' left it in 2011 then...

LedHed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Actually, diet has a huge role in muscle gains. It's equaly as important as the workout itself. IF isn't a diet; it's an eating schedule - getting all of your daily needs into a small window of time. It works because after your eating window, when the food's nutrients have been used, the body uses your stored fat for energy.

LedHed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL "A simple 'No' would have been alright".
    *Sits down*

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LedHed View Post
    Actually, diet has a huge role in muscle gains. It's equaly as important as the workout itself. IF isn't a diet; it's an eating schedule - getting all of your daily needs into a small window of time. It works because after your eating window, when the food's nutrients have been used, the body uses your stored fat for energy.
    Originally Posted by LedHed View Post
    LOL "A simple 'No' would have been alright".
    *Sits down*
    Dude, this thread had died last year. Let it go.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.