Stay humble, not pathetic sailingpece's Avatar
    sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50) sailingpece will become famous soon enough. (+50)

competition shape ?

I posted this in the teen section, but I didn't get as much replies. Anyways, would appreciate some feedback about whether I have potential within the next 9 weeks or so to be in excellent competition shape. I'm pretty short at 5'6 - 5'7 so I feel 165lbs would be ideal and not too skinny. currently I'm about 11 - 10% bf, which would mean dropping to 6% or so would take away up to 10lbs of my weight.

I'm thinking of attempting to gain 5-6 lbs within a month, and then start cutting. I have never had a problem gaining weight. mainly because I wrestle at my school, and always have a restricted diet. And so I feel my body is always ready to hold on to everything it gets.

The competition I'm looking at is the Jay cutler classic on may 8th, teen division.

All sorts of criticisms welcome !
    Correlation does not imply causation. The Plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

When you believe in things you don't understand you suffer, superstition aint the way.

Lets Not talk about what COULD be, nor what WOULD be, but rather what really is.

I'm not an MD, nor am I a bro scientist.

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    8 weeks is not enough time to put on weight and cut down to low single digit BF

don't step on stage out of shape and make an ass of both the sport and yourself
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09

db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sailingpece View Post
    I posted this in the teen section, but I didn't get as much replies. Anyways, would appreciate some feedback about whether I have potential within the next 9 weeks or so to be in excellent competition shape. I'm pretty short at 5'6 - 5'7 so I feel 165lbs would be ideal and not too skinny. currently I'm about 11 - 10% bf, which would mean dropping to 6% or so would take away up to 10lbs of my weight.

I'm thinking of attempting to gain 5-6 lbs within a month, and then start cutting. I have never had a problem gaining weight. mainly because I wrestle at my school, and always have a restricted diet. And so I feel my body is always ready to hold on to everything it gets.

The competition I'm looking at is the Jay cutler classic on may 8th, teen division.

All sorts of criticisms welcome !
    I think you could gain a good amount of LBM in a month. I have compared enough body composition test like BodPod over the course of a month to know it's possible to gain quite a bit of LBM while still dropping bodyfat %. In your scenario if you are TRULY 10-11% it's very difficult to gain muscle without gaining a little bit of fat. So you still don't want to rush into a show. Maybe consider taking 2-3 months to lean bulk and maintain your bodyfat, then at that point pick a show that is 8-12 weeks away? Good luck PM me if you have any specific question.
    *Muscle-Tech & Vitargo Sponsored*
    - www.ApexDiets.com - Online Personal Training - Designing Customized Workouts, Diets, Meal Plans, Cardio, Core, and Supplement routines with Unlimited Support since 2002
    - Email: Dave@ApexContestPrep.com

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are a true 10% BF then you will need all of 9 weeks to get ready properly. Just so we are on the same page, 10% BF is (not the same look for everyone.....but generally for men) - abdominals completely in, serratus is in, quads are separated, and lower lats are visible. In order to come down into the conditioning you will want to do very well, you will need at least 9 weeks. Bulking 5-6 pounds in month.....or even 2-3 months would not be a good idea. Assuming you are natural ('cause you wrestle in high school - and you should be) you arent going to put on more than a pound or so of muscle in a couple months.......and that is taking into consideration you are 19 years old (prime for new muscle growth) and you do everything correctly. This means 4-5 lbs will be fat, setting you back another 3-5 weeks of cutting.
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Forget the bulking and just start dieting now if you want to do the show.

And I wouldn't worry about being skinny. The ripped smaller guy will beat the bigger soft guy 99% of the time anyway (within reason).
    For online training inquiries or to get your Official DC Training DVD, go to www.jasonwojo.com

True Protein Sponsored Athlete: For 5% off your next True Protein order use the discount code WOJO

Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000) Withoutreason is just really nice. (+1000)
    No way should you start bulking, you are strapped for time as it is, once you get into single digits losing weighting isn't a mathematical equation

m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) m4rt1ndunh4m has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Big.Jazayrli View Post
    8 weeks is not enough time to put on weight and cut down to low single digit BF

don't step on stage out of shape and make an ass of both the sport and yourself
    What she said ^^

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JasonWojo View Post
    Forget the bulking and just start dieting now if you want to do the show.

And I wouldn't worry about being skinny. The ripped smaller guy will beat the bigger soft guy 99% of the time anyway (within reason).
    agreed with this.

and holy hell... how the heck have you been dude?