TylerShilling is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I big enough to compete in Mens Physique?

I think I'm around 20% body fat from guessing using visuals, I would like to cut down to around 7% to compete. But I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort cutting that much if I won't be big enough to do well anyway. So is it worth it to cut down to 6-8% to compete this year or should I cut down to around 12% and then go on a long bulk to compete next year? First picture is no pump, second picture is with a pump. Thanks!
    Attached Images
    Instagram: tylershilling

stats:

Height: 5'6

Weight: 170

Max Lifts:

Bench: 315

Squat: 405

Deadlift: 405

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TylerShilling View Post
    I think I'm around 20% body fat from guessing using visuals, I would like to cut down to around 7% to compete. But I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort cutting that much if I won't be big enough to do well anyway. So is it worth it to cut down to 6-8% to compete this year or should I cut down to around 12% and then go on a long bulk to compete next year? First picture is no pump, second picture is with a pump. Thanks!
    Yes you look like you can do it...if you want it bad enough you will do well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Forget body fat percentages unless you have access to a highly accurate way to measure your body fat.
    Use the mirror and week to week pictures to check progress.
    Compare with pictures of guys in the type of contest your going to compete in.
    You definitely need to get harder.
    I would also not do the yoyo theory of gain and loose weight but try to gain muscle mass with minimum fat gain.
    For a natural competitor this could be 4-8 pounds of real muscle in a year.
    Once you establish contest shape try not to go ten pounds over it in the non contest part of your training.
    Just set a date and do a show and see where land.
    Be the best you can be at that given time and take the experience as a learning process for the next contest and build on that.
    I got smashed the first couple of shows i ever did but didn't give up and eventually was a winner and consistent place winner.

GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GreekGod69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TylerShilling View Post
    Highly unlikely a first timer would win. But do what makes you happy man. If you have a dream go for it. You need to protect it. Don't let anybody tell you that you can't.

Goodluck OP.

TylerShilling is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=Garage Rat;1490195161]Forget body fat percentages unless you have access to a highly accurate way to measure your body fat.
    Use the mirror and week to week pictures to check progress.
    Compare with pictures of guys in the type of contest your going to compete in.
    You definitely need to get harder.
    I would also not do the yoyo theory of gain and loose weight but try to gain muscle mass with minimum fat gain.
    For a natural competitor this could be 4

Do you think 6 months would be enough for me to prep for a show?
    Instagram: tylershilling

stats:

Height: 5'6

Weight: 170

Max Lifts:

Bench: 315

Squat: 405

Deadlift: 405