Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    its not just water weight Webber91's Avatar
    Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)

STOP! Before you do something drastic, here's the secret to losing that "last bit"...

It seems to be a big thing lately that everyone wants to "lose that last bit of fat." I'm getting PM's daily about it. There are guys on here who are barely displaying any abdominal separation yet asking about the effectiveness of the UD 2.0 diet, carb cycling, keto etc. You really want to know how to lose that last bit of fat? It doesn't involve jumping on some new diet, you don't have to eat 100g of broccolli a day as your only source of carbs, and you don't need the latest fat burning pill. The secret is...

CONSISTENCY

and...

PATIENCE

I have no denying that these diets work, and work extremely well. However, you have to realise that you are most likely not at the stage to use them where they would be most effective. Your body doesn't like getting to insanely lean levels, but give it time and keep pushing on and it will get there! Stay on top of your progress, track everything. Even if that means weekly adjustments of calories (dropping by as little as 50-100or so), it is going to make a difference. There is no need to jump on some crazy new diet you've read so much about, expecting to see insane results. If you're progressing on your current diet, why change anything? And how about if you decide to start some new diet and still don't see the results you were expecting after a couple of weeks...do you keep going and give it time, or do you make a thousand pointless threads titled "help guyz i tried everythin, how doez i lose "last bit" of flabz?!"

You aren't always going to lose x amount of lbs a week. You aren't always going to look different every day. The key is to just stick with it. Chances are if it has worked in the past, it will work again.

Everything worth doing takes time and effort. People often underrestimate how much fat they have to lose, I know I did. You just need to keep on pushing.

CONSISTENCY + TIME = RESULTS
    Last edited by Webber91; 09-05-2010 at 05:53 PM.

www.egyfitness.com Finnegan Bell's Avatar
    Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000) Finnegan Bell is just really nice. (+1000)
    I totally agree. Add to this making plans and setting goals. Just because u discovered the new bodybuilding style of losing fat , you will not give up the good old patience and consistency.

snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) snooks86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yeah, sometimes the scale doesn't budge but with how i eat and how i workout, i know something's gotta give.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good post, OP. Repped.

Cant even count how many times I end a post with "Be patient. Be consistent. Train hard."

Thats how you win this game.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000) Webber91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PBateman2 View Post
    Good post, OP. Repped.

Cant even count how many times I end a post with "Be patient. Be consistent. Train hard."

Thats how you win this game.
    Thanks bro

I know, it's really frustrating me. People see my transformation, ask how I did it and how they can do it. As soon as I mention that I havn't missed a day or cheated on my diet in 18 months, they back away.

You either want it or you don't.

NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great post man. I am in this for the long haul. I have subscribed to this thread just to be able to look back at it and have it help me drive that little bit farther, dig that little bit deeper.

Repped for pure motivation and awesomeness!
    The usefulness of a cup is in its emptiness.

IIFYM!!
    IF!!!
    OH YEAH!!

I will do today what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Originally Posted by NotHereOrThere View Post
    Great post man. I am in this for the long haul. I have subscribed to this thread just to be able to look back at it and have it help me drive that little bit farther, dig that little bit deeper.

Thanks mate. I'm glad you were able to take something out of it.

The comments I get like this from people such as yourself, letting me know that I've made an impact on them...that's my motivation.

bumpppp.

kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Awesome post, should shut keep some people away for a while!
    Repped!
    What good is an action with no purpose, what good is a purpose with no goal?

Check out my mates music site: http://www.********.com/pages/Manon-Dave-Music/123378697683602

garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) garthmo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have found it amazing how everyone thinks there is some sort of secret to loosing the fat. My wife and I lost alot of weight "me 60lbs and my wife almost 100lbs" and everyone wants to know our secret, and all we say is eat right and within the proper calories and excercise almost daily and it comes off". we did use a personal trainer to get the proper guidence though. And the funny part is it's been almost 2 years now since we started to loose the weight and a year and a half since we lost it and i have put on about 5 to 7 lbs some of it muscle but I want to loose weight again and find I get frustrated when I dont see results after a few days, lol. have to remember to tell myself put in the time in the gym or whatever and eat properly and no cheating! and it will come off. Nice post OP thanks for the reminder

Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gyskermike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Consistency is the most important factor (imo) to any cut/bulk/recomp etc, it's hard to convince someone of it though. I also think it's important to keep track of your progress over time, even if it's slight your moving somewhere. If results slow people often get fed up and think that they aren't moving in the direction, small changes and consistency are key. Great post OP, repped.

⅟½⅓¾⅔⅕⅖⅗⅘⅙⅚⅛⅜⅝⅞ ➊➋➌➍➎➏➐➑➒ BadMonkeyFunker's Avatar
    BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BadMonkeyFunker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yup. Do it long enough, you'll get results.
    God knows how many times I told myself (talking to my body) .... "Let's see which ones of us will give up first" -lol

GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Great post OP

Most people want the quick fix, but in reality there is no such thing. Desire, knowledge, and patience are the only three things that will get you to reach your fitness goals

Repped.
    "Fear was what stood between a man and an extraordinary life, and the surest way through it was to stare it down over and over until that gaze became habit." - the Pat Tillman Story

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Damn bro, no cheats in 18 months? That's impressive. Great post, I totally agree.
    Barely decent crew

Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by garthmo View Post
    I have found it amazing how everyone thinks there is some sort of secret to loosing the fat. My wife and I lost alot of weight "me 60lbs and my wife almost 100lbs" and everyone wants to know our secret, and all we say is eat right and within the proper calories and excercise almost daily and it comes off". we did use a personal trainer to get the proper guidence though. And the funny part is it's been almost 2 years now since we started to loose the weight and a year and a half since we lost it and i have put on about 5 to 7 lbs some of it muscle but I want to loose weight again and find I get frustrated when I dont see results after a few days, lol. have to remember to tell myself put in the time in the gym or whatever and eat properly and no cheating! and it will come off. Nice post OP thanks for the reminder
    I hear that all the time.

Them: Wow, you look great, how did you do it?
    Me: I found out what my actual nutritional needs were, and then ate to fill them while working out.
    Them: Ohhh. You're lucky.
    Me: uhh... anyone can do it.
    Them: I've tried to diet, it doesn't work for me.

DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DSUP is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Webber91 View Post
    The secret is...

CONSISTENCY

and...

PATIENCE

Bodybuilding is sort of like geology: all it takes to build mountains is time and pressure.
    "It doesn't matter what exercise you do, but man was made to move, to eat sparingly, to work hard and to screw as much as he can manage. Do all that, and you will look as good as your genes will let you, be content as the arseholes around you will allow, and maybe get a few screws. The particular virtues of weight training are in the discipline it brings to both mind and body, and, if you do it right, it will make you look good naked and do well what you got your clothes off to do." Georgeoz

choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post, totally believe in getting healthy is a change of lifestyle not something to be rushed (altought i want to look better asap but i know it cant be help but to just keep doing)
    Eventually it will come to results

pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50) pr0nstar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How do you vote for a sticky?

So many people need to realize these basic things, I've been working on getting back into shape for 2 years on/off. And I've cheated a lot and paid for it... and now I'm realizing more and more it's about doing it everyday, having your odd cheat day and if you have more, then work harder at the gym.

There is no secret diet, there is no secret foods.

It's simple calories in, calories out math... if you consume more than your body needs, it'll store it as fat, simple as that.

Everyone keep up the hard work, it'll eventually pay off and then you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel. It might take 3 weeks, 3 months or 3 years. Just be patient and work hard for it, like anything else in life.

There's so many of the repeated topics in here, when people need to spend time and read the experiences and absorb the simple knowledge. Sure genetics will come into play at times, but realize you have to work hard to get great results. Nothing comes easy!
    When I'm fat my pants don't fit, When I lose weight my pants don't fit.. maybe I should stop wearing pants?

Sept 1st/195lb - Last Weigh-In 175.5lbs
    Goal June 1st/170lb - Under 15% bf

NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50) NotHereOrThere will become famous soon enough. (+50)

BUMPPED!!!!

So that was back in September at 200lbs, slow and steady, nothing crazy yet.

Today 166lbs!! I still read this thread when I start to waiver! Thanks again webber.

IIFYM!!
    IF!!!
    OH YEAH!!

Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Revolutionize has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome post. Reminds me of an article by Lyle McDonald re "training secrets":

the only secret is ass busting work over a long period of time . . .

The equation is this:
    Hard Work + Consistency + Time = Results.

Burn that into your head and quit looking for quick fixes and secrets.
    2/14: 218
    7/7: 183

"The poison is in the dose." ~ Brad Pilon

"What matters is actually doing something. You usually won't find out if something is right for you ahead of time unless you just hunker down and try it. So stop worrying and start hunkering." ~ Lyle McDonald

" 'Why' is one of the most powerful words you can put in your vocabulary." ~ Alan Aragon

"I'm lucky because I can eat whatever I want and I just get really, really fat." ~ Louis C.K.

nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nondualism has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Kelvandros View Post
    I hear that all the time.

Them: Wow, you look great, how did you do it?
    Me: I found out what my actual nutritional needs were, and then ate to fill them while working out.
    Them: Ohhh. You're lucky.
    Me: uhh... anyone can do it.
    Them: I've tried to diet, it doesn't work for me.
    This one million times! "Oh, I've tried that, doesn't work." I say, "Do you live in an alternate dimension? It's physics - it MUST work and it DOES work.
    'There is no sin except stupidity." --Oscar Wilde

elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50) elgatito71 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    op great post.... hope those people read it.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=655657063&posted=1#post655657063 = first cut back in 2010

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696761&p=1064656001#post1064656001 = second cut 2013

Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Matthew210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree with all of the above. Great post, good motivation to keep our heads down and stick to the grind.
    Was: 330
    Now: 240

Cut 03/10 - 02/11 (-90 lbs)
    Bulk 02/11-03/11 (Estimated +10 pounds - mental break)
    Cut 03/11 - 09/11 (210 lbs goal)

Deficit, Lift Heavy, Time
    Light weight baby!

Haha wow guys, thanks for bumping this! I remember writing this ages ago, I was 2 weeks out from my first ever bodybuilding show and just about everything and everyone was pissing me off in some way lol

Still remains true though!

BUMPPED!!!!

So that was back in September at 200lbs, slow and steady, nothing crazy yet.

Today 166lbs!! I still read this thread when I start to waiver! Thanks again webber.
    Mate, incredible work. I may have laid it out for you, but you're the one whos taken it on board and kept on pushing. Keep it up!

jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50) jrcoreymv will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Even though I know this already, it's nice to be reminded to keep me on track. Thanks OP

I've lost a lot of weight in the past, but for some reason I find myself losing hope when I don't see quick results, despite being well aware that it won't be quick. Patience it is...

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It seems to be a big thing lately that everyone wants to "lose that last bit of fat." I'm getting PM's daily about it. There are guys on here who are barely displaying any abdominal separation yet asking about the effectiveness of the UD 2.0 diet, carb cycling, keto etc. You really want to know how to lose that last bit of fat? It doesn't involve jumping on some new diet, you don't have to eat 100g of broccolli a day as your only source of carbs, and you don't need the latest fat burning pill. The secret is...

CONSISTENCY

and...

PATIENCE

I have no denying that these diets work, and work extremely well. However, you have to realise that you are most likely not at the stage to use them where they would be most effective. Your body doesn't like getting to insanely lean levels, but give it time and keep pushing on and it will get there! Stay on top of your progress, track everything. Even if that means weekly adjustments of calories (dropping by as little as 50-100or so), it is going to make a difference. There is no need to jump on some crazy new diet you've read so much about, expecting to see insane results. If you're progressing on your current diet, why change anything? And how about if you decide to start some new diet and still don't see the results you were expecting after a couple of weeks...do you keep going and give it time, or do you make a thousand pointless threads titled "help guyz i tried everythin, how doez i lose "last bit" of flabz?!"

You aren't always going to lose x amount of lbs a week. You aren't always going to look different every day. The key is to just stick with it. Chances are if it has worked in the past, it will work again.

Everything worth doing takes time and effort. People often underrestimate how much fat they have to lose, I know I did. You just need to keep on pushing.

you are correct. another bit to add is losing that last bit can take some additional muscle loss along with it depending on the person.
    Exercise Physiologist
    M.S. - Exercise and Sport Physiology
    West Chester University of Pennsylvania
    B.S. - Kinesiology
    University of Maryland

*Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggested for anyone to do anything. Anything I post is purely based off of my own personal experience and opinions. If you decide to follow or do anything I say, that is of your own free will and not my suggestion.*

\and just about everything and everyone was pissing me off in some way lol

!
    This is me right now!! I am sick of cutting weight. I hate how small I am getting, even though I am seeing results, it is slow going and I am getting pissed at everything in my life right now. Ohh what it would be like be bulking!!

You hit the nail on the head, I never realized how much fat I actually had till I look back now!! I thought I would easily be done around 175 - 180. Here I am at 166 with about another 6lbs to go to be sub 10%.

IIFYM!!
    IF!!!
    OH YEAH!!

Originally Posted by aman88 View Post
    you are correct. another bit to add is losing that last bit can take some additional muscle loss along with it depending on the person.
    Yep I agree, muscle loss on a cut is unavoidable, however the goal should be to minimize it.

When trying to lose that "last bit" people often try to go to extremes, doing loads of cardio and severely restricting calories. This is a recipe for muscle loss.

What I've found to work really well is to actually increase you're calorie intake as you get deep into the single digits of body fat. People are often scared to eat more in fears of gaining fat, but when you've been dieting for an extended period of time your body will be under enormous amounts of stress. Bumping up your calories for a little while can help your body recharge.

Don't expect to keep the flame alive when there's nothing left to burn!

This is me right now!! I am sick of cutting weight. I hate how small I am getting, even though I am seeing results, it is slow going and I am getting pissed at everything in my life right now. Ohh what it would be like be bulking!!

You hit the nail on the head, I never realized how much fat I actually had till I look back now!! I thought I would easily be done around 175 - 180. Here I am at 166 with about another 6lbs to go to be sub 10%.
    Haha it's all in your head mate. Don't worry about the small feeling. You will generally look the same between 14-18% body fat. It isn't until you really get down into the single digits that you start to look much bigger. Look at me for example, 20lbs weight loss and look totally different...

164lbs...

145lbs...

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    haha definitely. i tend to do a upside down parabola. eat more when i start, then getting low in calories, then when im getting towards my goal, eating more again.

another key is making your weight lifting aspect count. instead of doing 15-20 sets per day per muscle, i prefer to do 9-12 but GOOD sets (not including warm up sets). strict form, and pushing each rep to as close to fatigue as i can safely (i have no spotter sadly).
    Exercise Physiologist
    M.S. - Exercise and Sport Physiology
    West Chester University of Pennsylvania
    B.S. - Kinesiology
    University of Maryland

*Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggested for anyone to do anything. Anything I post is purely based off of my own personal experience and opinions. If you decide to follow or do anything I say, that is of your own free will and not my suggestion.*