Germinator81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Germinator81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Germinator81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How I Stay Motivated, and tips for you.

Hi Forum,

I want to share with you how I got motivated to workout, and how I stay motivated, and if this applies to you as well, that's simply awesome.

Well since I've been about 14, I became a bit chubby, but because of my working on the farm I was rather strong for my age. Well eventually my dad sold his farm, and I would not gain muscle a lot, I played hockey which kept me in shape for the season, but in the off season, ti was terrible anyway.

I was always teased because of those few extra pounds, by my dad, sometimes, and friends at school, and eventually I put my foot down and started hitting the gym, but only once or twice a week and eventually started playing football as a defensive Tackle. Unfortunately, in the last game of the season, I dislocated my shoulder, and during the recovery period I gained a lot of weight.

Now that you know about my situation I'll tell you more about motivation. See on New Years Eve 2011 , I weighed exactly 245 lbs, and that night my grandfather told me that he had cancer, and he'd have to lose weight to increase his chances of survival, because he was overweight. Instantly that kicked in, I told my self I want to live a long and healthy life. That and I was tired of being told Im too big, It's enough, and that week I got the ok from doc to go the gym, I actually went directly after.

So that's how I began. Right now to stay motivated is really results. Right now my progress pictures don't look like much there but compared to January, I look much better, believe or not I lost 19 lbs so far. Another thing that keeps me going is that, all the people that said I was fat are gonna eat Dirt, Im getting much leaner and much stronger than before! Sometimes you may have people who tell you skip your workout. Don't listen, because he or she is telling you to quit probably because they quit at it. Never Give Up!!! Hard work and dedication is the key to success. You have to believe in yourself, and stop comparing yourself to the people who look really good, lean and strong. Focus on yourself, when you look in the mirror, you're only looking at yourself! You'll make it just like I will!!!

Use some of these quotes to help motivate you as well:
    If somebody beats me, its not because they outworked me
    To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift as well as the ones in my signature.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! I hope it helps those who are or were in the same predicament As I was!
    Germinator DT #94

"The Worst thing I can be is the same as Everyone else"

Arnold

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever"

Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you know what I've noticed...

out of all the nay sayers, all the people that put you down, or all the people who say you cant do something... none of them go to the gym! I've never seen someone that works out, try to slow someone else's progress. Thats not the way we work. I'm all for success stories, people losing their "spare tire", "love handles", "cellulite", etc. Whatever someone's goals are, the gym is the best place, in the world, that has no limitation. No one will tell you that you cant do something. If you cant do it, you'll find out once you get under the bar, the weight tells no lies. But as far as motivation, ignore the naysayers and "shut up and train"

Germinator81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Germinator81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Germinator81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Newbiewar View Post
    you know what I've noticed...

out of all the nay sayers, all the people that put you down, or all the people who say you cant do something... none of them go to the gym! I've never seen someone that works out, try to slow someone else's progress. Thats not the way we work. I'm all for success stories, people losing their "spare tire", "love handles", "cellulite", etc. Whatever someone's goals are, the gym is the best place, in the world, that has no limitation. No one will tell you that you cant do something. If you cant do it, you'll find out once you get under the bar, the weight tells no lies. But as far as motivation, ignore the naysayers and "shut up and train"
    You're exactly right bud, all of em who try to slow me down don't train.
    Germinator DT #94

"The Worst thing I can be is the same as Everyone else"

Arnold

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever"