Thread: New routine

fruscianterox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New routine

Hi all,

Complete novice here - new to all this so please bare with me.

Im looking to bulk up and to seriously improving my fitness.

Im hoping to get a few tips possibly even a workout routine/plan to slot into my below ideas from some of the more experienced members.

About me -
    I barely eat any veg, stuff my face with crisps and biscuits and drink far too much coke. Im 5’6ish and weigh bang on 11 stone with a skinny physique and a slight tone.
    I have noticed it doesn’t seem to take a lot of effort to tone me up but I cant seem to add weight/bulk up even with all the crap I eat.

The plan –
    Firstly - To man up and try get the "5-a-day". Im thinking, 1x apple, 1x banana, steam veg pack(peas/green beans/carrots) everyday? Not sure if that would be enough but its gotta be better than my current diet.

Currently these are the only fruit and veg I would even think of going near. There must be someone here that else not like fruit/veg? Does anyone have any tips to get round it or overcome it?

Secondly – come up with a weights routine and do it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday - I currently only have access to 2x 4.4kg dumbbells and a barbell with 2x 4kg and 2x 6kg weights (no bench) so I’ve been doing hammer curls with dumbbells then bicep curls with the 8kg barbell and 20kg barbell.

I’ve also recently bought some Maximuscle Cyclone – I havent used it yet but I plan on taking it after each weights session to stretch out the use of it – not 100% clued up on supplements so we’ll see if it’s a waste of time or not.

Thirdly - I’ve started running on weekends – just a couple of miles every Saturday morning as my stamina isn’t great at the minute.
    Im wanting to stick to this and gradually increase this as I become fitter.

Lastly – the better halves dad used to be a boxer in the navy. He’s helped afew of the local rugby team get in shape after injury and would be willing to do some training with me once or twice a week. Boxing/Sit ups/sprints etc

So it would be –

Monday – weights
    Tuesday – day off
    Wednesday – weights
    Thursday – boxing
    Friday – weights
    Saturday - run
    Sunday – day off

Now sticking to this is going to be difficult but Im looking to get my head down and get on with it which Is why i've come here so I can get my act together.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve my plan? Anything I should do/shouldn’t do? How soon into my program should I be looking at getting heavier weights? I struggle to do more than 8-9 reps with the 20kg barbell

Sorry about the essay - any help/advice would be appreciated

Cheers,
    Joe

__r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500) __r is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Below is an all-in-one guide that should cover all your question about weight training, diet and supplements: http://www.acaloriecounter.com/building-muscle.php

If you are serious about weight training either join a gym or buy better equipment.
    Here is a home gym guide: http://stronglifts.com/home-gym-equipment-buyer-guide/