Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Musclemom and the "Beast"

So, most women treat themselves with shopping or a new haircut, etc...not me...I am treating myself to training with Derek "the Beast" for a full 20 weeks. Look out b/c big things are coming! We are doing a cutting plan for 9 weeks... It will be a fantastic ride!!! I haven't committed to a comp yet but am tentatively looking at one on May 14th. Stay tuned I have competed in both figure and bodybuilding...but it has been several years. This show may be the stepping stone for me to dive in again

Seems like it is a lot of food to me, but it really isn't much more than I normally eat, just more starchy carbs and fats....and they are compacted into fewer meals. Derek has changed up my diet a lot and taken out a lot of cardio...which I knew was coming

I am ready to rock and roll!!!!

Solid wo today. Haven't gone heavy in a while, so this felt good. My legs are feeling it already!!!

Legs
    Leg press
    wu 270 x 15
    360 x 12 12 12
    Leg Ext
    wu 130 x 15
    150 x 12 11 10
    SLDL
    wu 50 x 20
    90 x 12 12 12
    Bulg split squats
    25's x 12 12 12 /leg
    lying leg curl
    wu 50 x 12
    60 x 10 10 10
    Adductor
    70 x 12 12 12
    Abductor
    70 x 12 12 12
    20 min stepmill...varied b/t level 14-20

....added this next part tonight....

One
    More
    Meal
    to
    Go....

I can do it! Actually I feel pretty good. I am looking a little bloated around the gut, but my arms are like "holy cow" .... BAM... Leaner and FULL! Good stuff.

I got the rest of my foods today. Had oats for 3 meals, but am supposed to have Ezekial Bread for one (which I din't have this morning, so I had to go pick up after work). I am hoping that I will feel less bloated with the ommision of the one meal of oats and the bread instead.

Tomorrow is another high carb day and Sat will be mod and Sun low.

Looking forward to day 2 tomorrow!!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Day 2

Walking down the stairs today was a bit, um...well, I felt it

Happy Friday!!! I have 3 days off (still awake at 2:45 am though)!!!!

YIPEEEEEE!!!! Strange day at work yesterday....I got an "unofficial" promotion...no more money, but it is nice to be recognized for my work. It has beena bit crazy there...I went in on Wed and the Dr told me that he fired one of the girls and we would be doing more interviews. I did not see this coming! We just spent over a month interviewing and this girl just started less than 2 mon ago. His reasoning was that she doesn't have the personality that our clientel need. (I work in an Urgent Care in kind of an upscale neighborhood).

So, the past two days I have been weeding thru hundreds of resumes... The dr offered me more hours (I know his wife is behind this...she keeps asking me to come on full time)... I told him that it might work...if I could do M-Th and have the weekends off. He said he loved the idea and would def consider it. We will see what happens. It would really be nice to have my weekends free to spend with the boys!

Until we get the position filled (the girl will be here 2 more weeks).... I will be working a lot of OT Good and bad I do love my job and the opportunity that Dr. K has given me....and he really is just a truly great boss and dr!!!

Enough rambling about that...boy am I chatty this morning

The important stuff
    Meals were dead on yesterday!!!
    Will be the same today!

Looked like this:
    oats, whey, pb (pre)
    Aftermath
    oats, eggs, egg whites (today I will be having the ezekial bread here instead of oats..hoping it alleviates some of the full feeling) (post)
    oats, whey , pb
    chicken, almonds, blueberries, greenbeans
    chicken, almonds, blueberres, broccolli

Supps: (not including my vitamins)
    xtend, Primaforce CLA, Scivation EFAs, ErgoBurn, ErgoPump (glad I saved a little stash), AfterMath

I have to eat my first meal before hitting the gym...talk about a heavy belly. I am hoping I adjust quickly b/c it was not too comfortable...but I will do what I have to do!. I am also taking ErgoBurn and meal 2 was tough to get down. I got all my meals in and crashed out as soon as my head hit the pillow!!!

Today is going to be a Back and Rear Delt thrashing
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Walking down the stairs today was a bit, um...well, I felt it

Happy Friday!!! I have 3 days off (still awake at 2:45 am though)!!!!

YIPEEEEEE!!!! Strange day at work yesterday....I got an "unofficial" promotion...no more money, but it is nice to be recognized for my work. It has beena bit crazy there...I went in on Wed and the Dr told me that he fired one of the girls and we would be doing more interviews. I did not see this coming! We just spent over a month interviewing and this girl just started less than 2 mon ago. His reasoning was that she doesn't have the personality that our clientel need. (I work in an Urgent Care in kind of an upscale neighborhood).

So, the past two days I have been weeding thru hundreds of resumes... The dr offered me more hours (I know his wife is behind this...she keeps asking me to come on full time)... I told him that it might work...if I could do M-Th and have the weekends off. He said he loved the idea and would def consider it. We will see what happens. It would really be nice to have my weekends free to spend with the boys!

Until we get the position filled (the girl will be here 2 more weeks).... I will be working a lot of OT Good and bad I do love my job and the opportunity that Dr. K has given me....and he really is just a truly great boss and dr!!!

Enough rambling about that...boy am I chatty this morning

The important stuff
    Meals were dead on yesterday!!!
    Will be the same today!

Looked like this:
    oats, whey, pb (pre)
    Aftermath
    oats, eggs, egg whites (today I will be having the ezekial bread here instead of oats..hoping it alleviates some of the full feeling) (post)
    oats, whey , pb
    chicken, almonds, blueberries, greenbeans
    chicken, almonds, blueberres, broccolli

Supps: (not including my vitamins)
    xtend, Primaforce CLA, Scivation EFAs, ErgoBurn, ErgoPump (glad I saved a little stash), AfterMath

I have to eat my first meal before hitting the gym...talk about a heavy belly. I am hoping I adjust quickly b/c it was not too comfortable...but I will do what I have to do!. I am also taking ErgoBurn and meal 2 was tough to get down. I got all my meals in and crashed out as soon as my head hit the pillow!!!

Today is going to be a Back and Rear Delt thrashing
    I wish you the best of luck hitting your goals.I see by your pics you have done great things already!!Enjoy that ezekial btw....good stuff

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Everything looks to be in perfect order! Exchanging some oats for ezekiel bread should help a little with the bloating. We will see if it goes after after the first week on the diet.

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Best of luck meeting your goals, you've got the right guy in your corner!
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

Back and Rear Delt Destruction

wu 10 min bike

Lat Push Down
    wu 65 x 12
    75 x 10 8 6

Rev Grip Lat pulldown
    wu 55 x 15
    70 x 10 10 9

HS low grip row
    wu 95 x 15
    115 x 6 6 6

Cable row
    wu 70 x 12
    85 x 7 6 7

Rev Pec Deck
    wu 45 x 15
    60 x 8 8 8

Rev lat raise on incline bench
    15's x 8 8 8

20 min stepmill levels 15-20

Meal 2 down. Feeling less bloated than after I eat the oats. EB FTW!!!!

Looking fuller this morning, but feeling like a tick! Still looking lean, but lines are blurring a bit. (to be expected) Stomach BLOATED!

Energy level is great and motivation is SKY HIGH!

*need to buy a scale today* Weigh ins are on Sunday and Sunday is a rest day So I will NOT be going to the gym just for that. ,..and probably time I bought a scale anyway

Youngest came with me to the gym today (got up early!! ) and when we left he said "that was fun...I cant' wait to do it again! " LOVE it!

Lots to do today... and my oldest is home sick with what I think is a sinus infection. Need to take him in....

Originally Posted by tonsti View Post
    I wish you the best of luck hitting your goals.I see by your pics you have done great things already!!Enjoy that ezekial btw....good stuff )
    Thank you for popping in and for the wishes!!

Always a work in progress

...and the EB was goooood!

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Everything looks to be in perfect order! Exchanging some oats for ezekiel bread should help a little with the bloating. We will see if it goes after after the first week on the diet.
    Gonna follow the plan Thanks for popping in!!

I was much less full after eating it

Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    Best of luck meeting your goals, you've got the right guy in your corner!
    Thank you and I do....absolutely!

Have a great day all!!

bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats on the promotion! Alway's great as you said...

I recently went back on 'some' carbs as well and was bloated for about a week before it subsided. I have found that Ezeikel work's great as well.
    Good luck!

My rear delts and back are smoldering! No lifting today. Just HIIT and abs.

So I calculated the cals the Derek gave me (with my food calc)..I was just curious to compare.
    I am eating almost 2x as much as I was and almost as much as a friend who is 15 weeks out from a comp and about 200 lbs) It is all good though I am going to follow the plan to a T and see where this takes me. I know I am in good hands. It is "balls to the wall" for the nex 9 weeks to see what I can do with this body! No more counting for me...just gonna go with the plan!

Meals were the same yesterday...except I had strawberries instead of blueberries Appetite is pretty low, but it could be the ErgoBurn that I have started taking again. (although the combo of lots of food and this is a def recipe for no appetite)

Probably working this weekend.... probably working for the next 6 days The girl the doc fired was supposed to stay until the end of the month, but decided last night that she wasn't coming back today. She sent me a text....of all things late last night...which I didn't get until this morning. So glad I woke up early today. I have to get in touch with the Dr this morning and figure things out. Did I say I love my job??? LOL (I still do...) One of the benefits of being the Office Administrator. I still have to do patient care as well, so it def keeps me busy!

N ended up with a possible sinus infection...they didn't want to give him antibiotics b/c he hasn't been sick for 6-10 days yet. (I really need to find a new dr for the boys) The boys have an HMO and it is funny b/c we always see the PA...only the PPO's get to see the dr. Not that I really care, but it is an observation. Been in this field too long not to notice these things. Thank goodness I have several dr's who will write RX's and see us for free if we need it (but I hate to take advantage of friendships).

Didn't get much done yesterday...took N to the dr, ran a bunch of errands, came home and watched some tv with him (he asked me to...but I immediately fell asleep *eek* ), and that pretty much sums up my day. I was hoping to get some things done this weekends.... Just have to put it into HIGH gear!!!

Enough rambling

Originally Posted by bbqwizard View Post
    Congrats on the promotion! Alway's great as you said...

I recently went back on 'some' carbs as well and was bloated for about a week before it subsided. I have found that Ezeikel work's great as well.
    Good luck!
    Thank you! ...and glad to have you following along I need to visit everyone in this section!!

Did my 30 min of HIIT, followed by some abs. I was smokin on that elliptical.

I was supposed to have eaten a meal before doing HIIT but just couldn't bring myself to get anything down. I am glad I didn't b/c I may have thrown up I need to talk to Derek about a solution for this. I dont have much muscle to loose, and don't want to be burning it up it doing fasted HIIT if I am not "supposed to be".

Official weigh/mm's tomorrow, but 115.2 on the scale this morning....after cardio (still fit in my 0's ... I hate judging by weight, but I gots ta do it!). Going to try to get a scale today. I wanted to get a weigh in to just see how a home scale will compare to the gym one. Came home took a shower and forced down meal 1. Gotta get the foods down today. I got a late start eating and it will be ugly if I don't put a positive spin on it

Looking leaner, believe it or not but still feeling a bit bloated (all over)...just my muscle bellys are full!!

tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tonsti is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Did my 30 min of HIIT, followed by some abs. I was smokin on that elliptical.

I was supposed to have eaten a meal before doing HIIT but just couldn't bring myself to get anything down. I am glad I didn't b/c I may have thrown up I need to talk to Derek about a solution for this. I dont have much muscle to loose, and don't want to be burning it up it doing fasted HIIT if I am not "supposed to be".

Official weigh/mm's tomorrow, but 115.2 on the scale this morning....after cardio (still fit in my 0's ... I hate judging by weight, but I gots ta do it!). Going to try to get a scale today. I wanted to get a weigh in to just see how a home scale will compare to the gym one. Came home took a shower and forced down meal 1. Gotta get the foods down today. I got a late start eating and it will be ugly if I don't put a positive spin on it

Looking leaner, believe it or not but still feeling a bit bloated (all over)...just my muscle bellys are full!!
    Great update.Love the attitude.Enjoy your weekend

Great update.Love the attitude.Enjoy your weekend
    Thank you A positive attitude goes a loooong way!

I hope you enjoy your weekend as well!!

bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000)
    With all of the carbs/fat you are taking in, I am curious as to how much water you are drinking? Also, do you drink during your meals? -If so, this could be part of the problem.

With all of the carbs/fat you are taking in, I am curious as to how much water you are drinking? Also, do you drink during your meals? -If so, this could be part of the problem.
    I drink at least a gallon a day...in just water. I am taking ErgoBurn and it has an amazing appetite suppressing effect...I did an experiment today and took it out. Guess what? I am HUNGRY!!! I am going to try a different "fat burner" in the morning and save it for the afternoon...when I am not eating all the carbs. Will keep you posted

I am feeling so much better tonight. Only had carbs in 2 meals...tomorrow I drop to carbs in one meal.

I am also SORE! I rarely get DOMs in my back and rear delts, but certainly am feeling them today...along with some serious glute doms!

Must be looking leaner in just a couple of days....had someone comment today about how much leaner I looked since he saw me last week Actually feeling leaner as well.

Today marks 9 weeks to go! Gotta get my glute/ham tie in together in that time. Not too worried abou the rest of the package, but that one area is stubborn!! I will be working it to get things where they should be!!!

great news!

the Stairmill is your friend

great news!

the Stairmill is your friend
    We are BEST friends!! That is by far my fav cardio equip (although I don't know if it likes me too much)! I burn that baby up!!!

9 weeks "out" progress pics

Couple of pics....sorry about the quality

Weight was 112.4

Feeling pretty good today. Since today is a rest day I Only have carbs in one meal. Def feeling hungier, which is a good thing
    Attached Images

judging by those pics you don't have much to lose excellent!

judging by those pics you don't have much to lose excellent!
    Thank you! My lower half is my trouble area....need to get it tight and shredded I know that Derek and I will get it done...NO problem

Thank you! My lower half is my trouble area....need to get it tight and shredded I know that Derek and I will get it done...NO problem
    Cant wait to see the final product!!Time is gonna fly

Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Inama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't have words for your pictures and I have a PhD.

Weight was 112.4

Feeling pretty good today. Since today is a rest day I Only have carbs in one meal. Def feeling hungier, which is a good thing [/QUOTE]

Happy Monday! I am going to need a lot of postive self chatter today. I went to bed with a sore throat last night only to wake up with a worse one....and feeling like ...well not feeling so hot today Pushed the wo as hard as my body would allow me to. Got it done!

Just hoping my workday flies by (long shift today )...I am looking forward to getting back in bed

Chest/Bis/Calves

10 min wu on bike

Cable Crossover
    wu
    50 x 12 12 11

Pec Deck
    wu
    60 x 10 10 10

Hammer Curls (x over body)
    wu
    22.5's x 8 8 7

Incline DB Curls
    20's x 8 8 8

BB curl (these were weak )
    35 x 10 10 10

Calves on leg press
    105 x 10 10 10

Seated calf press
    70 x 8 8 8

20 min steppmill...random....lvl 16/17 total cals 200

*notes...woke feeling pretty lean...meal one + meal 2 plus cold meds = bloat Maybe it is the virus I have but my stomach is not happy and I just feel very "heavy".
    Cant wait to see the final product!!Time is gonna fly
    Thank you! The final result will be awesome LOL And the time will fly by! 9 weeks, so I have to really push it harder than ever!

Originally Posted by Inama View Post
    I don't have words for your pictures and I have a PhD.
    Thank you I appreciate the kind words and support! You are always so sweet! ...and thanks for the motivation! (care to share what your PhD is in?)

BOO! (at the sore throat) I hear ya though. I've been battling one thing or another since Dec. HOwever, I do the best I can and keep going. (as you did)

Here is the protocol:

VIT C (of course) I take 500mg 4x daily
    Green tea (nothing in it)
    EAT LOTS OF GREENS
    Blueberries
    (Scratch HOMEMADE) Chicken soup! You can still have this! It has proven medicinal properties
    Rest, rest, rest (when you can)
    Drink a ton of fluids ( you already knew that)

I hope you can kick this quick!

BOO! (at the sore throat) I hear ya though. I've been battling one thing or another since Dec. HOwever, I do the best I can and keep going. (as you did)

Here is the protocol:

VIT C (of course) I take 500mg 4x daily
    Green tea (nothing in it)
    EAT LOTS OF GREENS
    Blueberries
    (Scratch HOMEMADE) Chicken soup! You can still have this! It has proven medicinal properties
    Rest, rest, rest (when you can)
    Drink a ton of fluids ( you already knew that)

I hope you can kick this quick!
    Thank you for that advice I really appreciate it!!

I am thinking I probably picked something up from one of my patients (I had two throw up on me last week ) 90% of them have been coming in with sore throats/sinus infections

I love the protocol! Thank you for taking the time to write all that out!! I did Bring my vit c and green tea to work today ( I found green tea flavored with honey and lemon..just tea bags, but it is really good)! I will be making some chicken soup tonight (a little broth, chicken, garlic, pepper, some broccoli and my almonds on the side anything I am forgetting? )

Hope you are having a great day!!!

mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10) mguzeta is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I am thinking I probably picked something up from one of my patients (I had two throw up on me last week ) 90% of them have been coming in with sore throats/sinus infections

!
    So what would you recommend for the sinus infections??? I am on my way to having one and I really want to kick it w/o being on meds (yet again).
    Keep moving forward! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132207353

Originally Posted by mguzeta View Post
    So what would you recommend for the sinus infections??? I am on my way to having one and I really want to kick it w/o being on meds (yet again).
    Sorry you are feeling lousy! Feel better soon!!!

In addition to the above...
    Get a neti pot (best thing ever!) Use a lot of saline spray. Get some Sudafed (not the kind on the shelf...the stuff you have to ask the pharmacist for. That is pseudoophendrine...the good stuff ) Get a cool mist humidifier. Hmmm...am I leaving anything out?

I think I am getting one myself

robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000) robertfah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Definately looking lean in those pics...this next 9 weeks ought to bring you in shredded to the bone. Looking forward to watching your progress!
    RDF

The pain that greets me, is the stick that beats me...

My Journey:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151219463

Originally Posted by robertfah View Post
    Definately looking lean in those pics...this next 9 weeks ought to bring you in shredded to the bone. Looking forward to watching your progress!
    Thank you! It is a work in progress! Like most women, my glutes and legs are my weak points.... I know I am in good hands!

And I will hit my goal of shredded to the bone for sure! I wont allow anything else

I love the protocol! Thank you for taking the time to write all that out!! I did Bring my vit c and green tea to work today ( I found green tea flavored with honey and lemon..just tea bags, but it is really good)! I will be making some chicken soup tonight (a little broth, chicken, garlic, pepper, some broccoli and my almonds on the side anything I am forgetting? )

Hope you are having a great day!!!
    Its everywhere..My wife and both my sons are under the weather as well

Its everywhere..My wife and both my sons are under the weather as well
    Oh no! I hope they feel better ASAP!!!!

Oh no! I hope they feel better ASAP!!!!
    thank you....so do I.I wish i could take the sickys away from all of them and deal with it myself!