Nechvatal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supplements for Recovering from MCL Injury

Hey Guys, i recently had a Grade 2 MCL injury (partial tear) playing football for a local semi pro team. doctor said i will be out 4-8 weeks. Are there any Supplements i could use to promote healing faster? vitamins? anything?

thanks!

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory and it is said to help in healing wounds.
    You could try it out.

Boswellia and MSM are also good joints supps to add in your stack.

nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nic1979 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Nechvatal View Post
    Hey Guys, i recently had a Grade 2 MCL injury (partial tear) playing football for a local semi pro team. doctor said i will be out 4-8 weeks. Are there any Supplements i could use to promote healing faster? vitamins? anything?

thanks!
    Had that same injury- 3 months on crutches...first month was rough as swelling was nasty, but after about 4-5 weeks, hopefully your case will improve. Rest it my friend, its not worth trying to rush it.

Remember the physical therapy is huge, do not rush it or forget it.

thanks for the advice! i use a hinged brace wen walking long distances and wat not. Otherwise i try not to use one so i dont lose a ton of strength in it. I have been doing the PT that the doctor gave me. I also have been doing some Biking with resistance a few days a week. BUT wenever i do it, the next day i dont have near the range of motion that i did before i biked. It doesnt hurt, so i think its a good thing. should i continue this?

just trying not to lose a bunch of leg strength before our season (1st game April 30th)

Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xyas will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Nechvatal View Post
    thanks for the advice! i use a hinged brace wen walking long distances and wat not. Otherwise i try not to use one so i dont lose a ton of strength in it. I have been doing the PT that the doctor gave me. I also have been doing some Biking with resistance a few days a week. BUT wenever i do it, the next day i dont have near the range of motion that i did before i biked. It doesnt hurt, so i think its a good thing. should i continue this?

just trying not to lose a bunch of leg strength before our season (1st game April 30th)
    Ask your physical therapist if you should continue with the biking. PT will really help and as long as you stick with it and go slowly it'll heal faster/better.

BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) BradenDoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Please please ensure that it is 100% healed/recovered before you play again. I was I'll advised when I tore mine. I was told that it was a bare minimum grade 1 tear and that in three weeks would be sweet to play again (basketball). deadwrong. I waited and then played thinking it was just a bit stiff from the tear and managed to end up with a more serious grade 2 tear where my knee would just give out/extensive swelling (hope you don't have to get it drained too, weirdest sensation).

I have found glucosamine and MSM have helped significantly. Depending where you look you can get high grade MSM powder that is very beneficial.

Either way good luck, but don't rush it!

@Bradendoe, i appreciate the advice! and yes i wont rush back into it. I dont want to do any significant damage. Just sucks! cant afford surgery! dr said i shouldnt need it drained. sounds pretty disgusting...