Jimbo903 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need a workout program!!! Plz help!

Hello fellow body building enthusiast, I need your advice!!! Here's the thing, I've been lifting for a while now, however, I see little improvement. Now I'm a pretty skinny guy (6'1, 150 lbs) and I hoping get bigger and build muscles. Here are my questions:

1. What is the difference between all pro's "a simple beginner's routine" and starting strength/rippetoe? Which one will work better for me?

2. What about HST? Do you think I'm ready for it?

3. From your experiences, which workout program is the best for muscle hypertrophy???

Please don't give me another article or thread to read, I'm really sick of them...
    Thank you so much!!!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Jimbo903 View Post
    Hello fellow body building enthusiast, I need your advice!!! Here's the thing, I've been lifting for a while now, however, I see little improvement. Now I'm a pretty skinny guy (6'1, 150 lbs) and I hoping get bigger and build muscles. Here are my questions:

1. What is the difference between all pro's "a simple beginner's routine" and starting strength/rippetoe? Which one will work better for me?

3. From your experiences, which workout program is the best for muscle hypertrophy???

Please don't give me another article or thread to read, I'm really sick of them...
    Thank you so much!!!
    1. all pros is the more size oriented program

2. No - progression is too slow

Remember to eat. You should be seeing a scale weight gain of 2-3lbs a month accompanied by strength gains.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    1. all pros is the more size oriented program

2. No - progression is too slow

Remember to eat. You should be seeing a scale weight gain of 2-3lbs a month accompanied by strength gains.
    Thanks man, I appreciate your help. Any one else???

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thank you so much!!!

1. Eat. Drink Milk. Eat more.
    2. Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
    3. Repeat steps 1 + 2 for 6 months.
    4. Add 50lbs to bench + squats and 25 lbs on scale.

Keep it simple, keep it beginner.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    1. Eat. Drink Milk. Eat more.
    2. Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
    3. Repeat steps 1 + 2 for 6 months.
    4. Add 50lbs to bench + squats and 25 lbs on scale.

Keep it simple, keep it beginner.
    Thanks! So from what you're saying, starting strength is more effective than all pro's workout plan in terms of weight gain and muscle hypertrophy?

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks! So from what you're saying, starting strength is more effective than all pro's workout plan in terms of weight gain and muscle hypertrophy?
    Yes. It's far more effective. Their workouts are advanced and suited for anabolic steroid use. I personally have tried 5 day splits and made minimal progress. Starting Strength and Bill Starr 5x5 have been far and away the best mass and strength programs I've used.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PhiSig2298 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, just pick one and stick with it... both routines will work but only if you follow them. SS will feel like it's too easy at first ( a lot of guys say this starting out ) but if you stick with it and add the weight when you are supposed to, it will start kicking your ass! the important thing on any routine is stick it out! too many guys give up on a routine because they dont think they are seeing results.

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    starting strength is probably the best program for you right now. the reason for this is because it's a book as well. you should pick that up and learn proper technique.

all pro's 'A Simple Beginners Workout' is a great program more geared towards buillding mass.

Either program would be a fine choice.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Yes. It's far more effective. Their workouts are advanced and suited for anabolic steroid use. I personally have tried 5 day splits and made minimal progress. Starting Strength and Bill Starr 5x5 have been far and away the best mass and strength programs I've used.
    I don't know which one you are thinking of but all pros beginner program is for beginners, it is not a 5 day split, it's full body. And the OP asked for hypertrophy emphasis. SS is more for strength and sport training

dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dday39 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I don't know which one you are thinking of but all pros beginner program is for beginners, it is not a 5 day split, it's full body. And the OP asked for hypertrophy emphasis. SS is more for strength and sport training
    he was thinking in terms of 'every pro'

I lol

jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jgreystoke has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^^^

Yes.

And he is right about them. They are useless for a typical drug free beginner.

all pro's on the other hand is a great program.
    Beginners:

FIERCE 5:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

Beyond novice, 5 3 1 or see above:)

Unless it is obvious to anyone who isn't blind that you lift weights, you might still benefit from a little more attention to big basic barbell exercises for enough reps:).