sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How fast can you lose mass?

I have been dieting incredibly wrong the past week and as a result ive lost a good 7 lbs. Im hoping its just water weight. I made sure i kept a high protein content (1g per lb), but my calories were at a big deficit. But, how fast can/does the body lose muscle mass? When i look in the mirror it appears i lost all body fat, but at the same time it looks like my muscles got smaller too. Is this a result of losing the water that was retained in the muscles? Any opinions/explanations will really ease my mind. The most important of my questions is how easy/fast can muscle mass be lost.

sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sdmkbeck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To add to this i have been taking jack3d, creatine hcl, vitamins, fish oils, and oxyelite pro.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sdmkbeck View Post
    I have been dieting incredibly wrong the past week and as a result ive lost a good 7 lbs. Im hoping its just water weight. I made sure i kept a high protein content (1g per lb), but my calories were at a big deficit. But, how fast can/does the body lose muscle mass? When i look in the mirror it appears i lost all body fat, but at the same time it looks like my muscles got smaller too. Is this a result of losing the water that was retained in the muscles? Any opinions/explanations will really ease my mind. The most important of my questions is how easy/fast can muscle mass be lost.
    You can lose it very quickly depending on how severe you are talking...

I'm guessing you are on a "low carb" diet???
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    You can lose it very quickly depending on how severe you are talking...

I'm guessing you are on a "low carb" diet???
    Yeah i started taking aderol again for my ADD and its REALLY hard to eat on that ****. So for like a whole week i struggled to take in 2000 calories. Some days even less. But i always made sure i got atleast 150g of protein no matter what

insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) insomniac0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    oh yes you can lose extremely fast. 3 years ago in my ED times I lost almost 50lbs in 2 months time (not just muscle of course, i assume about 10lbs of it was fat)

Originally Posted by insomniac0 View Post
    oh yes you can lose extremely fast. 3 years ago in my ED times I lost almost 50lbs in 2 months time (not just muscle of course, i assume about 10lbs of it was fat)
    ugh really . so with the information provided above how much of the weight i have lost would you say is muscle? could you even accurately measure?

danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50) danmanxx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Addherol ****ed up my early days. I hardly ate, and now I'm paying the price for it, stay off of it.. It's toxic junk. Sure I was #10 in my 5th and 6th grade class but I couldn't sleep or eat and I was unhappy. Go on straterra. Just ranting about BADDherol..
    --BuLKinG--

Current stack:
    Source Natural's Life Force
    NOW Ultra Omega-3
    Controlled Lab's Green Magnitude (Electric Lemonade)
    Controlled Lab's White Flood (Electric Lemonade)

Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you dont lose muscle thaaat fast. You didnt build it over night and it wont disappear over night either

Originally Posted by Exezy View Post
    you dont lose muscle thaaat fast. You didnt build it over night and it wont disappear over night either
    Can you back that up with some evidence/personal experience/anything at all?

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can you back that up with some evidence/personal experience/anything at all?
    You just don't.

Simply, your body eventually achieves a sort of homeostasis at your higher body weight and wants to stay there, which is why people have to really kick it into gear sometimes to lose weight.

People with muscle wasting diseases don't even lose 7lbs a week.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    You just don't.

Simply, your body eventually achieves a sort of homeostasis at your higher body weight and wants to stay there, which is why people have to really kick it into gear sometimes to lose weight.

People with muscle wasting diseases don't even lose 7lbs a week.
    Thanks thats what i was looking for. +rep

Inquire about Zapnin SolidSteel86's Avatar
    SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SolidSteel86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For claification, glycogen stores and water loss can account for most of the weight loss you had.
    I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by conscious endeavor. -- Thoreau

Originally Posted by SolidSteel86 View Post
    For claification, glycogen stores and water loss can account for most of the weight loss you had.
    Would this also explain some of the deflation in my muscles?

Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Exezy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Would this also explain some of the deflation in my muscles?
    yep

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well we'll see, I've been in the hospital for 3 days and have had maybe 500 calories a day and maybe 1200 caloires for a few days before that. I feel just fine in terms of muscle loss/body comp.

Just can't eat :\
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The most important of my questions is how easy/fast can muscle mass be lost.
    Well, first off you won't lose much in a week, so don't freak out. You kept the protein up, which will definitely help....did you lift at all?

One of the biggest factors here is how much bodyfat you're carrying. The more bodyfat you have, the less muscle protein will be broken down. This is why obese people can safely be put on a very low calorie diet for a while. If you're lean, however, then you'll break down muscle much more readily if you're in a high caloric deficit.