Closed Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by adminJaxon View Post
    mmmm I love coconut oil! never thought of using it like that sounds gooood!
    I put the 10g in the bowl and microwave it for 1 min. Mix in the oatmeal, then pour in the whey + milk (mixed in the shaker). It tastes really good and I have noticed an increase in performance when I consume this pre-workout, most likely due to the MCTs in the coconut oil. I am going to try adding some raw coconut shavings in as well.

bpensari has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Derek,

I saw you video on dynamic upper body stretching. Would you do the same sort of thing using a tennis ball for forearm issues. I'm having a hard time with some forearm movements like hammer curls and was wondering if there was some way to do the myofascial stuff on the forearm?

Liked your breakfast - the wife loves coconut, she might want to try it!

I made sludge with vannilla whey, almond butter, and blackberries this morning. Awesome! (usually use blueberries, wasnt sure how many grams of blackberries to use so i just used 99 like blueberries. I'm hoping they are more like strawberries and can add more next time!)

THE_JAKENATOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I put the 10g in the bowl and microwave it for 1 min. Mix in the oatmeal, then pour in the whey + milk (mixed in the shaker). It tastes really good and I have noticed an increase in performance when I consume this pre-workout, most likely due to the MCTs in the coconut oil. I am going to try adding some raw coconut shavings in as well.
    Do you use skim milk? And how many ounces?

bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    3-21-11 Program Update

Training Schedule
    Mon: Chest/Delts/Tris AM ~ LI Cardio PM
    Tues: Back Thickness + Hamstrings AM ~ LI Cardio PM
    Wed: HIIT Cardio
    Thurs: Chest/Delts/Tris
    Fri: Quads + Calves AM ~ LI Cardio PM (Depending on how my legs feel)
    Sat: Lats + Biceps AM ~ LI Cardio PM
    Sun: HIIT Cardio

Diet
    Weight Training Days
    Meal #1
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    10g Organic Raw Honey
    1 Cup Organic Skim Milk
    1.66 Scoops Scivation Whey
    20g Peanut Butter

Meal #2 (Post-Workout)
    3 oz. Whole Wheat Pasta
    Organic Tomato Sauce (pretty much just tomatoes, garlic, sea salt, and other spices)
    2 tsp Olive Oil
    2 Scoops Scivation Whey

Meal #3 & #4
    6 oz. Chicken/Turkey Breast
    30g Nuts
    Vegetables as desired

Meal #5
    3 Whole Eggs (Organic Free Range)
    1 Cup Kale

Cardio Days
    Meal #1
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    10g Organic Raw Honey
    1 Cup Organic Skim Milk
    1.66 Scoops Scivation Whey
    20g Peanut Butter

Meal #2 (Post-Cardio)
    2 Scoops Scivation Whey
    1 Apple
    30g Peanut Butter

Meal #3 & #4
    30g Nuts
    Vegetables as desired

Meal #5
    3 oz. Chicken/Turkey Breast
    1 Cup Kale

Supplements
    Novem
    Xtend
    Essential EFA
    Max CLA
    Elastamine
    Scivation Whey
    Primaforce DAA + PGN EstraCort (4 weeks on/4 weeks off)
    Primaforce Yohimbine HCL (pre-cardio only right now)

Current Weight (3-19-11) = 207.8 lbs

3-21-11: Chest/Delts/Tris

Warm-Up Cardio + Dynamic Stretches

Reverse Band (Elite Strong Band) Bench Press
    Worked up to a max of 435 X 3 then did 315 X 12

Reverse Band (Elite Strong Band) Close Grip Bench
    315 X 6, 6, 6

Incline DB Press
    110's X 7, 5

DB Side Lateral
    40's X 8, 6

Decline Skull Crusher
    115 X 6, 6
    I am really digging this setup for chest/shoulders/tris. My strength is going up, my joints are feeling good, and besides the occasional feeling beat up I am feeling great. The cravings are starting to kick it (mmm pizza) but having a competition coming up makes it very easy to stick to my diet 100%. I have 30 minutes of cardio on tap for this evening. Time to get shredded!
    I was just curious on what Primaforce DAA, and PGN EstraCort are and what they assist with. I am knowledgeable on all the other supplements you take, but unaware of those two.

I was also wondering if during Contest Preps you eat a weekly cheat meal? or if the carb re-feed day is considered that and you just do without one.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by THE_JAKENATOR View Post
    Do you use skim milk? And how many ounces?
    8 oz. Organic Skim Milk.

Originally Posted by bilestyle View Post
    I was just curious on what Primaforce DAA, and PGN EstraCort are and what they assist with. I am knowledgeable on all the other supplements you take, but unaware of those two.

I was also wondering if during Contest Preps you eat a weekly cheat meal? or if the carb re-feed day is considered that and you just do without one.
    DAA = Testosterone Booster. Works very well.
    EstraCort = Estrogen and Cortisol Modulator. I take EstraCort when I take DAA as a just in case supplement to help control estrogen levels if DAA causes them to rise.

I have a refeed day, which may be a little off my normal menu, but I wouldn't consider it a cheat meal.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good Monday Derek

I like seeing your meals all written out. Looks good!

Do you use the EstraCort all the time?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    Good Monday Derek

I like seeing your meals all written out. Looks good!

Do you use the EstraCort all the time?
    Thanks! I only use EstraCort when I take DAA.

I will have to look into it a little more, but for women you could probably do 5 days on/2 days off (i.e. Mon-Fri on/Sat-Sun off) as long as you wanted

I am just going to do a quick recap of last week's workouts and then will start back with full detailed reports today.

Back + Biceps (Friday)
    HS Pullovers
    Beast Pulldowns
    Straight-Arm Pulldowns
    Standing V-Bar Pulldown
    Beast Spider Curls
    Fat Grips Hammer Curl
    HS Preacher Curl

Legs (Saturday)
    Squats (Worked up to 405 X 3)
    Hack Squat
    Front Loaded Leg Press
    Lying Leg Curl
    Standing Single Leg Curl
    Standing Calf Raise
    Seated Calf Raise

Sunday (Cardio)
    45 mins Beastly Burn Cardio
    Last edited by Beast; 04-25-2011 at 06:32 AM.

MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MuscleMom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks! I only use EstraCort when I take DAA.

I will have to look into it a little more, but for women you could probably do 5 days on/2 days off (i.e. Mon-Fri on/Sat-Sun off) as long as you wanted
    Thanks!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171086161&p=1435554041#post1435554041

4-25-11: 12 Weeks Out!
    12 weeks out?! 12 weeks both feels like a lot of time yet not a lot of time LOL.

I weighed in this morning at 203.5. I am looking noticeably leaner in the mirror and has 2 visible ab veins. I am going to crank up the intensity of my evening cardio this week, still doing the 30 minute session but pushing myself harder.

Current Diet
    Weight Training Days (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, Sat)
    Meal #1
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    1 Cup Organic Coconut Milk (Supplies 5g fat with minimal protein or carbs) + 5g Coconut Oil
    2 Scoops Scivation Whey

Meal #2 (Post-Workout)
    1 Scoop Scivation Whey
    4 oz. Grass Fed Ground Sirloin on 2 Slices Ezekiel Bread
    4 oz. Red or Sweet Potato

Meal #3
    1 Cup Kale + Other Veggies

Meal #4
    3 oz. Grass Fed Beef + Chicken/Turkey Breast
    30g Nuts
    Vegetables as desired

Meal #5
    5 oz. Organic Whole Milk Yogurt
    2 Scoops Whey Protein
    3/4 Cup Blueberries

HIIT Cardio Days (Wed & Sun)
    Meal #1
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    1 Cup Organic Coconut Milk (Supplies 5g fat with minimal protein or carbs) + 5g Coconut Oil
    2 Scoops Scivation Whey

Meal #2 (Post-Cardio)
    2 Scoops Whey Protein
    3/4 Cup Blueberries

Meal #3
    1 Cup Kale + Other Veggies

Meal #4
    3 oz. Grass Fed Beef + Chicken/Turkey Breast
    30g Nuts
    Vegetables as desired

Meal #5
    2 Scoops Whey Protein
    3/4 Cup Blueberries

Supplements
    Novem
    Xtend
    Essential EFA
    Max CLA
    Elastamine
    Scivation Whey
    Primaforce DAA + PGN EstraCort (4 weeks on/4 weeks off)
    Primaforce Yohimbine HCL (pre-cardio only)

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pics!!! Pics!!! Pics!!!
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

Ab veins FTW

I have a great recipe for kale chips. I think I need to make some soon

Originally Posted by RUBICON19 View Post
    Pics!!! Pics!!! Pics!!!
    I took some pics on Friday in front of a whie wall, which washed me out even more than my natural paleness does LOL.

Ab veins FTW

I have a great recipe for kale chips. I think I need to make some soon
    What's your recipe? The one I saw is just put a little olive oil on (I have a mist-er) with a little sea salt. Haven't tried it yet.

4-25-11: Workout = Deadlift & Military Press Complexes

I was reading about various workout/movement complexes for athletic training on Saturday. One of the articles I read was from Thib on T-Nation as his method, which is different than the norm, sounded very interesting. I decided to give it a go today (not exactly as he outlined, but close).

Deadlift Complex: Rack Deadlift --> Full Deadlift --> Hanging Clean
    495 X 3 --> 405 X 3 --> 195 X 3 (Explosive)
    I probably should have went a little lighter on the Hanging Cleans but it still worked out well.

Military Press Complex: Standing Rack Military --> Standing Military --> Push Press
    195 X 3 --> 135 X 3-5 --> 95 X 5 (Explosive)

Seated Cable Row Super-Setted with Reverse Pec Dec
    150 X 10/10
    150 X 10/10
    150 X 10/10

I enjoyed this setup as it was something both new and challenging. I was absolutely drenched with sweat! Tomorrow I am going to do the same thing with squats (only if my lower back says it is ok after today workout) and close grip bench press. I was absolutely drenched with sweat!

On tap tonight = 30 mins of cardio.
    Last edited by Beast; 04-26-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Pretty basic recipe

4 large leaves kale
    olive oil spray (optional)
    sea salt (I also like to use Mrs Dash Lemon Pepper or garlic powder)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Wash kale and cut into two-inch pieces. (Try to make the pieces all the same size or they will not cook at the same rate.) Spray a baking sheet with oil and place the pieces of kale on it in a single layer. Spray lightly with oil, if desired, and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 7 minutes. Turn the chips over and bake for 3-7 more minutes, until crispy and edges just beginning to brown. Cool and eat.

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    over 200lbs w/ ab veins. oh lawd

Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4-23-11: Workout = Deadlift & Military Press Complexes

I was reading about various workout/movement complexes for athletic training on Saturday. One of the articles I read was from Thib on T-Nation as his method, which is different than the norm, sounded very interesting. I decided to give it a go today (not exactly as he outlined, but close).

Deadlift Complex: Rack Deadlift --> Full Deadlift --> Hanging Clean
    I probably should have went a little lighter on the Hanging Cleans but it still worked out well.

Military Press Complex: Standing Rack Military --> Standing Military --> Push Press

Seated Cable Row Super-Setted with Reverse Pec Dec
    150 X 10/10
    150 X 10/10
    150 X 10/10

I enjoyed this setup as it was something both new and challenging. I was absolutely drenched with sweat! Tomorrow I am going to do the same thing with squats (only if my lower back says it is ok after today workout) and close grip bench press. I was absolutely drenched with sweat!

On tap tonight = 30 mins of cardio.
    Nice.. I have been doing similar Thib type workouts and started adding some Prowler work at the end..

Pretty basic recipe

4 large leaves kale
    olive oil spray (optional)
    sea salt (I also like to use Mrs Dash Lemon Pepper or garlic powder)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Wash kale and cut into two-inch pieces. (Try to make the pieces all the same size or they will not cook at the same rate.) Spray a baking sheet with oil and place the pieces of kale on it in a single layer. Spray lightly with oil, if desired, and sprinkle with salt.

Bake for 7 minutes. Turn the chips over and bake for 3-7 more minutes, until crispy and edges just beginning to brown. Cool and eat.
    Thanks. I will try this as soon as I get some more kale.

Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    over 200lbs w/ ab veins. oh lawd

Originally Posted by Michael Blaise View Post
    Nice.. I have been doing similar Thib type workouts and started adding some Prowler work at the end..
    Nice! I have yet to use a Prowler but definitely want to try it out.

Jack086 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Derek,

First time posting on this website and was hoping you may be able to give me some advice with my diet. I weigh 176 pounds and I need about 3500 calories a day to maintain. Lately I've been eating around 200g protein. 100g fats and 450g in carbs. I'm finding it hard to get all those carbs from clean sources and I always feel bloated.

I'm a big fan of whole organic foods and was wondering if I were to follow something similar to your diet how would you make up the extra 800 or so calories?

Any advice would be great

Originally Posted by Jack086 View Post
    Hi Derek,

First time posting on this website and was hoping you may be able to give me some advice with my diet. I weigh 176 pounds and I need about 3500 calories a day to maintain. Lately I've been eating around 200g protein. 100g fats and 450g in carbs. I'm finding it hard to get all those carbs from clean sources and I always feel bloated.

I'm a big fan of whole organic foods and was wondering if I were to follow something similar to your diet how would you make up the extra 800 or so calories?

Any advice would be great
    If doing 5 meals per day you are looking at 42g protein, 20g fat, and 90g carbs per meal. Using my meal plan as an example I would do:
    Meal #1
    -2 Scoops Whey
    -1 Cup Oatmeal
    -1 Cup Organic Skim Milk
    -1 TBSP Honey
    -2 TBSP Peanut Butter

Meal #2
    -6 oz. Grass Fed Beef
    - 2 Slices Ezekiel Bread + 8 oz. Potato

Meal #3
    -3 Whole Eggs + 3/4 Cup Egg Whites (or 3 oz. Meat)
    -4 Slices Ezekiel Bread + 8 oz. Potato

Meal #4
    -6 oz. Chicken (cooked in coconut milk)
    -2 Cups Rice + raw coconut (for your fat)

Meal #5
    -2 Scoops Whey
    -1 Cup Oatmeal
    -1 Cup Organic Skim Milk
    -1 TBSP Honey
    -2 TBSP Peanut Butter

NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Be careful of what you wish for

On my gym days I've been trying to hit my main lift, 2-3 assistance exercises and then finish off with a circuit. It's really been helping me get into some sort of contest shape after a a winter of gym lifting.
    Better Body Sports
    thad@betterbodysports.com

Check out BBS on ******** for daily giveaways!

http://www.********.com/pages/Better-Body-Sports/148301508542835

**My training log with Team Ogre **
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158235303&page=53

Jason B. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how much CLA?
    "In order for things to change, YOU have to change"

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks. I will try this as soon as I get some more kale.

Now your TALKN'!!!!! If you are ver in MA. I will have the Prowler all warmed up for you
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

Originally Posted by NC_Tarheel View Post
    Be careful of what you wish for

On my gym days I've been trying to hit my main lift, 2-3 assistance exercises and then finish off with a circuit. It's really been helping me get into some sort of contest shape after a a winter of gym lifting.
    Sounds fun!

Originally Posted by Jason B. View Post
    how much CLA?
    6 caps per day.

4-26-11: Squat + Bench Complexes!

I weighed in this morning at 202.9! Wow getting close to being under 200 lbs!

Squat Complex
    Rack Squat --> Back Squat --> Squat Jump (Holding Dumbbell)
    405 X 3 --> 315 X 5 --> 30 x 5

Bench Complex
    Rack Bench --> Bench Press --> Speed DB Flat Press
    315 X 3 --> 225 X 5 --> 30 X 10
    315 X 3 --> 225 X 5 --> 40 X 10
    315 X 3 --> 225 X 5 --> 50 X 10

Few sets of the abductor/adductor and decline hammer strength press.

marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcosbaez is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Coconut

Hey Derek,

Just a question regarding Coconut.
    Have you heard of desiccated coconut?
    If so, is it as good as coconut oil?

Cheers
    marcos

Jack086 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If doing 5 meals per day you are looking at 42g protein, 20g fat, and 90g carbs per meal. Using my meal plan as an example I would do:
    Meal #1
    -2 Scoops Whey
    -1 Cup Oatmeal
    -1 Cup Organic Skim Milk
    -1 TBSP Honey
    -2 TBSP Peanut Butter

Meal #2
    -6 oz. Grass Fed Beef
    - 2 Slices Ezekiel Bread + 8 oz. Potato

Meal #3
    -3 Whole Eggs + 3/4 Cup Egg Whites (or 3 oz. Meat)
    -4 Slices Ezekiel Bread + 8 oz. Potato

Meal #4
    -6 oz. Chicken (cooked in coconut milk)
    -2 Cups Rice + raw coconut (for your fat)

Meal #5
    -2 Scoops Whey
    -1 Cup Oatmeal
    -1 Cup Organic Skim Milk
    -1 TBSP Honey
    -2 TBSP Peanut Butter
    Thanks for the ideas mate, much appreciated

Originally Posted by marcosbaez View Post
    Hey Derek,

Just a question regarding Coconut.
    Have you heard of desiccated coconut?
    If so, is it as good as coconut oil?

Cheers
    marcos
    I haven't read up on desiccated coconut. I will have to look into it.

Originally Posted by Jack086 View Post
    Thanks for the ideas mate, much appreciated
    You're welcome!

THE_JAKENATOR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    4-26-11: Squat + Bench Complexes!

I weighed in this morning at 202.9! Wow getting close to being under 200 lbs!

Squat Complex
    Rack Squat --> Back Squat --> Squat Jump (Holding Dumbbell)

Bench Complex
    Rack Bench --> Bench Press --> Speed DB Flat Press
    315 X 3 --> 225 X 5 --> 30 X 10
    315 X 3 --> 225 X 5 --> 40 X 10
    315 X 3 --> 225 X 5 --> 50 X 10

Few sets of the abductor/adductor and decline hammer strength press.
    How much rest between exercises?

Originally Posted by THE_JAKENATOR View Post
    How much rest between exercises?
    About 30 seconds.

Closed Thread
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast