Closed Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    that waist is gettin tiny!

soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Beast! you are a true guru. I've been doing the stretches in your Youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOB4IvF3SiA and i can feel my shoulders getting looser and better range of motion, i was wondering how often can i perform these stretches?
    I've been doing the stretches at night before bed every other day, and before i leave to the gym on chest/shoulders day. Is this overkill? Is it better pre or post workout on my chest/shoulders day? Also thanks for your new newsletter it is awesome, love all the info and i have thought for a while once you are in descent shape like 10-15% bodyfat that it would be better to eat before cardio to fire up your metabolism and preserve muscle. While for someone who is overweight or not interested in building muscle, empty stomach cardio probably works better. In a video on MD i saw Evan Centopani saying he always eats before he does his cardio even when dialing in for a show.

One last thing i am 6'4'' tall 230 about 12% B.F. i would say and because of this i dose my BCAA's 10Grams in my preworkout mix and then 10 grams of BCAA's during my workout, is this fine considering my bodyweight and size? or is too many BCAA's not a good thing?

Sorry about all the questions i feel like i should send you a check with all the free info you give out on these forums. thanks for your time.

thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thom2355 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bballbrett5 View Post
    That is exactly what I thought....as well as the lower lats taking shape.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by fltallpaul View Post
    Nice update shot, I think its time I do the same. Loving the food pictures!
    Gotta love pics of food, it is almost like eating the food.

Originally Posted by MuscleMom View Post
    I did part 1 and 3 on the elliptical.. Hate to speak ill of others, but stinky lady was on the bike and I was nauseous before I even started...so I had to move
    It actually was tough, but VERY motivating!!!
    LOL yeah that has happened to me before too.

Originally Posted by thom2355 View Post
    That is exactly what I thought....as well as the lower lats taking shape.
    Thanks! I didn't even take a look at my waist, but you guys are right it has decreased!

Originally Posted by soujerz View Post
    Beast! you are a true guru. I've been doing the stretches in your Youtube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOB4IvF3SiA and i can feel my shoulders getting looser and better range of motion, i was wondering how often can i perform these stretches?
    I've been doing the stretches at night before bed every other day, and before i leave to the gym on chest/shoulders day. Is this overkill? Is it better pre or post workout on my chest/shoulders day? Also thanks for your new newsletter it is awesome, love all the info and i have thought for a while once you are in descent shape like 10-15% bodyfat that it would be better to eat before cardio to fire up your metabolism and preserve muscle. While for someone who is overweight or not interested in building muscle, empty stomach cardio probably works better. In a video on MD i saw Evan Centopani saying he always eats before he does his cardio even when dialing in for a show.

One last thing i am 6'4'' tall 230 about 12% B.F. i would say and because of this i dose my BCAA's 10Grams in my preworkout mix and then 10 grams of BCAA's during my workout, is this fine considering my bodyweight and size? or is too many BCAA's not a good thing?

Sorry about all the questions i feel like i should send you a check with all the free info you give out on these forums. thanks for your time.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding the stretches definitely do them PRE-chest and shoulder workouts. You could do them every other day in addition to before your chest workout.

At your size 20g of BCAA is fine. Studies have shown to negative effects when 40g of BCAA were taken at one time so you are perfectly fine taking 20g around your workout.

Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    4-19-11: HIIT Cardio

5 minute warm-up then 10 intervals (15 seconds all out/45 seconds moderate pace).
    20 minutes Stepmill.
    Short the basketball around for a little.

Pretty exciting huh
    Did you do your HIIT on the Stepmill?

Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ron Parmeter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Rear Double Biceps look great D!! Keep killing this prep.
    CORE Nutritionals Athlete
    Team Miller

"Man's damnation is the inability to hold other's in awe" DORIAN YATES

whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    F it, CHALK ONLY!!!
    YEAH!!

I think it should be a race to a 3x bw deadlift with chalk and a singlet only!

**Scivation Athlete**
    www.scivation.com
    www.teamscivation.com

check my log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122734331
    Its better to be the hammer than the anvil.
    Grape xtend was my first love but...
    I'm an apple/blue raz xtend fiend.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Michael Blaise View Post
    Did you do your HIIT on the Stepmill?
    No, but I have before.

Originally Posted by Ron Parmeter View Post
    Rear Double Biceps look great D!! Keep killing this prep.
    Thanks Ron!!!!

Originally Posted by whatnow5 View Post
    YEAH!!

I dig it!

adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    outstanding pic Derek! I can't get over how thick your back is! and you're already very lean can't wait to see the final product, it won't be long now, July will creep up soon!
    ajaxified!

TEAM NORTON

The aJax Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122912821

Bulking Journal
    http://forum.bodybuildingnotebook.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=9&#post9

keep track of your progress with a free online journal at www.BodyBuildingNotebook.com!

Michael Blaise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No, but I have before.
    Just curious what you usually do your HIIT on?

I have been doing mine on the Airdyne Evo Comp and its is killer.

Originally Posted by Michael Blaise View Post
    Just curious what you usually do your HIIT on?

I have been doing mine on the Airdyne Evo Comp and its is killer.
    I usually do sprints on the bike then 20 mins on the stepmill. Once the weather gets a little nicer I plan to start doing some sprints outside.

4-20-11: Deadlift Day

Warm-Up Cardio + Dynamic Stretches

Deadlifts
    405 X 3
    455 X 3
    500 X 3
    550 X 1

I worked out with a friend who is a powerlifter and he pulled 585 X 4! Pretty intense set. I will be happy with 585 X 1

Machine Back Extensions
    Smith Shrug
    HS Shrugs
    Rear DB Lateral
    Free Motion Rows

Basically just did some random stuff. I think the deadlift workout from this morning just catch up with me because I am feeling mighty tired LOL. I am going to go do some cardio in a few hours. My schedule is a little switched up this week so just HIIT tomorrow, then back+bis on Friday, Legs on Sat, and HIIT on Sunday.

dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dmpenwell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

deadlift and squat

It has been a gradual strength increase for me since being able to squat and deadlift again. I am still well below where I used to be. My deadlift strength increased more quickly than my squat strength. I don't know if that is due to my specific injury but that is just what I have noticed.

hey maybe the squat would go up a little faster if you didnt do the squats and dead lifts in the same weeks? maybe do leg press and exclude the squats during the dead lift weeks? that always worked for me i dont know if thats something you do or ever thought about

Originally Posted by dmpenwell View Post
    hey maybe the squat would go up a little faster if you didnt do the squats and dead lifts in the same weeks? maybe do leg press and exclude the squats during the dead lift weeks? that always worked for me i dont know if thats something you do or ever thought about
    That is what I did for a while actually. I noticed my best strength gains as of late when I was doing squats and deads in the same workout, twice a week. I think that helped me get my strength back up due to the increased frequency and lead to some good neurological adaptations. I may actually try this again in the offseaon. You are right though, deadlifting on Tuesday could be hindering my squatting on Saturday. All the cardio I am doing right now probably isn't helping either LOL. Thanks for looking out for me!

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    I usually do sprints on the bike then 20 mins on the stepmill. Once the weather gets a little nicer I plan to start doing some sprints outside.
    Steppmill: what level, setting?

Do you plan to do any pre-exhaustion sets or higher reps (e.g. 15-30 reps) or pyramiding/supersetting as you get closer? I have tried these recently and they are brutal!

Another question, what do you think about sweet potato flour as a post workout carb?
    Last edited by Spottydog; 04-20-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) USMARINE8152 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hey quick question. whats your take on DC training? Due to my schedule I workout on the same split as you ( push/pull/legs ) I prefer that since I dont have to worry about bodyparts or workouts over laping if I have to miss a day. just curious if you think dc training is worth a shot.

Originally Posted by Spottydog View Post
    Steppmill: what level, setting?

Do you plan to do any pre-exhaustion sets or higher reps (e.g. 15-30 reps) or pyramiding/supersetting as you get closer? I have tried these recently and they are brutal!

Another question, what do you think about sweet potato flour as a post workout carb?
    Level 10 right now.

I probably won't do any pre-exhaust.

Sweet potato flour? I have never seen it, but if it is just dehydrated, ground up sweet potato it should be fine.

Originally Posted by USMARINE8152 View Post
    hey quick question. whats your take on DC training? Due to my schedule I workout on the same split as you ( push/pull/legs ) I prefer that since I dont have to worry about bodyparts or workouts over laping if I have to miss a day. just curious if you think dc training is worth a shot.
    I am a fan of DC training and also did a push/pull/legs DC split before. I like DC training because it emphasizes increasing your strength, which IMO is a primary key to growth.

NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NC_Tarheel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    YEAH!!

Says the 194 lb powerlifter

Postworkout meal yesterday was 6 oz 96/4 hamberger on two toasted slices of wheat bread and 5 oz fried potatoes. I can't believe I have been depriving myself of this!! Thanks for the inspiration D!!!
    Better Body Sports
    thad@betterbodysports.com

Check out BBS on ******** for daily giveaways!

http://www.********.com/pages/Better-Body-Sports/148301508542835

**My training log with Team Ogre **
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158235303&page=53

Originally Posted by NC_Tarheel View Post

Postworkout meal yesterday was 6 oz 96/4 hamberger on two toasted slices of wheat bread and 5 oz fried potatoes. I can't believe I have been depriving myself of this!! Thanks for the inspiration D!!!
    That's what I'm talking about! PWO meal of kings!

4-21-11

40 mins of "Beast Burn" cardio. This is something new that I am experimenting with. I am not going to say what it is as of yet as I am still experimenting with it (Oh noez another secret "Beast" protocol )

PETEACH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PIT instead of HIIT

Just wondering if you have ever tried this before? Instead of HIIT have you ever tried what I call PIT(pulse interval training). Instead of time ie. 15 sec high intensity 45 low intensity. I interval heart rate.. ie after warm up I interval high intensity until I get to say 170-175 bpm then low intensity until my heart rate drops to say 155-160 bpm....I do this for 15-20 min...It really kicks my butt more that just timed HIIT.

Originally Posted by PETEACH View Post
    Just wondering if you have ever tried this before? Instead of HIIT have you ever tried what I call PIT(pulse interval training). Instead of time ie. 15 sec high intensity 45 low intensity. I interval heart rate.. ie after warm up I interval high intensity until I get to say 170-175 bpm then low intensity until my heart rate drops to say 155-160 bpm....I do this for 15-20 min...It really kicks my butt more that just timed HIIT.
    Sounds interesting and similar what my heart rate does when I do the "interval" setting on the Elliptical, which equates to 1 minute intervals of high and low-intensity. I did this last night for my cardio.

Meal time!

Onions, Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Kale (Cooked), 3 oz. Turkey Breast (Cooked), 3 Free Range Eggs.

Cooked the Onions, Mushrooms, and Green Peppers together. Once they start to brown add in the turkey. Once turkey warms up add in the kale. Cook that for a minute and then add in your eggs.

End Result =

This was DELICIOUS! I topped it with some sea salt and Heinz Low-Carb Ketchup... Home run dish!

UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) UNCnate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks awesome!
    UNCnate@gmail.com, B.Sc, ASCM CPT

Thank you based god bballbrett5's Avatar
    bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bballbrett5 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    can you open up a gym/restaurant where the only thing allowed in the gym are "beast" protocols and the restaurant only serves up those organic foods you're eatin now?

Originally Posted by UNCnate View Post
    Looks awesome!
    I highly recommend it.

can you open up a gym/restaurant where the only thing allowed in the gym are "beast" protocols and the restaurant only serves up those organic foods you're eatin now?
    That is not a bad idea at all! I think I just figured out a name for it too!

whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) whatnow5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NC_Tarheel View Post
    194?? Hahaha!
    **Scivation Athlete**
    www.scivation.com
    www.teamscivation.com

check my log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122734331
    Its better to be the hammer than the anvil.
    Grape xtend was my first love but...
    I'm an apple/blue raz xtend fiend.

194?? Hahaha!
    I will hit 194 in about 8-10 weeks!

Breakfast of Champions

-1 Cup Oatmeal
    -10g Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
    -1 Cup Skim Milk + 2 Scoops Chocolate Whey

GET IN MY BELLY!

adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50) adminJaxon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Breakfast of Champions
    -1 Cup Oatmeal
    -10g Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
    -1 Cup Skim Milk + 2 Scoops Chocolate Whey

GET IN MY BELLY!
    mmmm I love coconut oil! never thought of using it like that sounds gooood!
    ajaxified!

TEAM NORTON

The aJax Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122912821

Bulking Journal
    http://forum.bodybuildingnotebook.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=9&#post9

keep track of your progress with a free online journal at www.BodyBuildingNotebook.com!

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast