slgalberth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink Food Allergies? Oh yeah I get them!

Hello everyone I was wondering who else has food allergies and what foods you substitute for it? I have some ones that really cut out a lot of foods I used to eat to help me reach my fitness goals. I cannot have gluten, brewers or bakers yeast, lactose, casein, eggs, pinto and black beans, and mushrooms. I think that's it lol. The icing on the cake is that I have Crohn's Disease and sometimes random foods can bother me. Also I do not absorb nutrients very well. I do drink nutritional/vitamin shakes everyday called PMX it's a powder I can mix in with juice and I am able to get my nutrients that way. I do have to drink them every 3 hours or so and I am bad about that. I gotta get better at that! Anyways I was wondering for other people with food allergies how do you handle it?

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have it confirmed that it is eggs? I know some cases of egg allergy are actually caused by the fact that laying hens are fed soy, and it is a reaction to soy. If it's not a severe reaction, maybe you could try eggs from a local source where the chickens wander around and eat things like bugs, and scratch made of more chicken-friendly items.

gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am allergic to gluten, soy, nuts, and tuna. It stinks, but its not to bad. Finding the right foods to eat that keep me fueled has been my problem.
    "Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm deathly allergic to seafood. The smell is enough to kill me, so that means pretty much no canned or pre-packaged foods because almost every brand has some sort of seafood option.

I also had my gallbladder removed, so I can't handle much fat. Since I had the gallbladder issue, I can't eat eggs (other than hardboiled egg whites, no idea why those don't bother me), cows milk, butter, or goat cheese. I also can't each much lamb or fattier cuts of steak.

Coconut milk is a great replacement for cows milk, cornstarch + water can replace eggs in most baking recipies that don't need to rise, and for anything that does need to rise, you can replace the oil, eggs, and butter with a cream soda.
    I Rep Highland Games Competitors

Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Deodand has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    None that I have.
    I think if freebirdmac gets in on this she will give good insight into it. She's a very cool person and VERY helpful. Hope she sees this thread.

Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000) Merial20 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think I found out today that I can't eat gluten (srs self testing) and I use this organic gluten free bread

gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gatrapper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump
    "Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.