jepitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do you know if you hurt your biceps tendon?

OK so how would you know if you hurt your biceps tendon? I recently have worked out back and biceps last Monday. Then worked out chest and tris last Tuesday. I got busy and wasn’t able to work out until this past Saturday night which I did front delts real good and shoulders. I didn’t go really heavy or anything but as I did a rear delt exercise with cables I noticed a weird feeling in my right shoulder front delt area and then my bicep would do like a weird little contract. So I stopped. That wasn’t but 15 lbs on those cables anyways. I did notice my biceps had gotten bigger after that hard work out on Monday and I did notice my right bicep spasm when I contracted it. Other than this I am just wondering if anyone know can you tell if you hurt your biceps tendon and how. I have a bit of pain in my front delt and bicep but I think it is from Saturdays workout. Also is the front deltoid connected to the bicep?

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jepitt View Post
    OK so how would you know if you hurt your biceps tendon? I recently have worked out back and biceps last Monday. Then worked out chest and tris last Tuesday. I got busy and wasn’t able to work out until this past Saturday night which I did front delts real good and shoulders. I didn’t go really heavy or anything but as I did a rear delt exercise with cables I noticed a weird feeling in my right shoulder front delt area and then my bicep would do like a weird little contract. So I stopped. That wasn’t but 15 lbs on those cables anyways. I did notice my biceps had gotten bigger after that hard work out on Monday and I did notice my right bicep spasm when I contracted it. Other than this I am just wondering if anyone know can you tell if you hurt your biceps tendon and how. I have a bit of pain in my front delt and bicep but I think it is from Saturdays workout. Also is the front deltoid connected to the bicep?
    No, the biceps tendon (LH) passes under the deltoid. It passes through a groove in the head of the humerus (ball part of the socket) and then under the acromion (top of shoulder) and connects at the glenoid (socket part of joint). The short head tendon attaches at the caracoid process.

Easiest way to tell if you've gotten yourself into trouble is go to a doctor (no joke). I've not heard of irritation/inflammation of the biceps tendon causing spasms, however. Maybe just a slight muscle aggravation. Sounds like maybe some swelling so perhaps a mild/moderate strain. Again, no one on here can say with certainty. Give it a chance to rest and if it is still bothering you in a week go see an ortho. Biceps are important, they are pretty much used in every upper body movement in the gym and in every day life. If you're having problems and they're not improving go see someone.

jepitt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok great. Thanks I know that but did you see my above post about my bicep spasms? Can biceps spasm? Also I am guessing I would know if I had a torn tendon right? My bicep looks fine and works fine just feels a bit weird kind of like strained but I didn’t work it out. I worked out front dolts Saturday night so would that do it to?? I was doing front raises with a 35 lb weight and a lot of dumbbell 15 lb lateral raises. I know the bicep might work as a secondary to that and I also did some 80lb dumbbell shrugs. I am just wondering I am guessing I would know if I had torn a tendon. Also one more question for you. They say most of the bicep tendon tears happen at the elbow not the shoulder, is this true?