Deven420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NEED HELP!!!!!! please...

okay. i've been checking out this site for a little while now and finally feel a little more comfortable posting pics just from seeing all of the help, motivation, and friendlyness everyone on here provides. so, i've pretty much been fat all my life. i started to look less obese as i went through puberty (like everyone) but i'm still uncomfortable with who i am. i want to transform myself so badly. its hard to without a scale and having an obese family who eats almost nothing but junk food. atleast i am athletic and have the potential to make this change. i just need help with a steady plan for this is my first time. also my first time ever posting a thread thing on here. sorry if being a noob is annoying lol. i'm just about 18. 5'6"-7" and 196 pounds and i have a large body frame. i have no clue what my bf% is. i need some estimates and help making a plan. i want to make myself comfortable for summer. i don't know how many grams of what i should have or anything. i don't have a gym pass or anything either. i have a couple weak resistance bands though. i don't know how much cardio or calories or what or how much to take in. i'm guessing that i'm going to do lots of running everyday. i don't mind. i just need help with a plan and estimation.. sorry for taking bad pics too. if i worked extremely hard until june/july, whats the lowest weight you think i could get to? sorry my post count isn't high enough to embed the pics or whatever.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First read the stickies and study them until they make sense.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=129247741

Next, you have to begin to understand that this takes time... Not weeks or a couple months. Years....

1-2 pounds of fat loss a week.... That's what you are working for.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    First read the stickies and study them until they make sense.

Next, you have to begin to understand that this takes time... Not weeks or a couple months. Years....

1-2 pounds of fat loss a week.... That's what you are working for.
    i do understand that this does take time. i'm excited to continue to change and grow with the new lifestyle that i am creating. i just need a reasonable time frame and weight i want to be by that time for some sort of motivation or pressure so i do not give in to lazy or stupid choices. say i wanted to work hard and get 3 pounds a week instead of 2 for 15 weeks which would be like mid june, do you think i could make a decent transformation within that time frame?

Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryanast is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deven420 View Post
    i do understand that this does take time. i'm excited to continue to change and grow with the new lifestyle that i am creating. i just need a reasonable time frame and weight i want to be by that time for some sort of motivation or pressure so i do not give in to lazy or stupid choices. say i wanted to work hard and get 3 pounds a week instead of 2 for 15 weeks which would be like mid june, do you think i could make a decent transformation within that time frame?
    anything's possible to an extent. Most people shoot for losing 1-2 pounds a week to render success. More is of course possible, but it will take discipline, heart, and courage.

GL. work your ass off.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Faster isn't better. Better is better. It isn't about losing weight as fast as possible. There is a reason the guys on "Biggest Loser" start wearing shirts when they lose so much so quickly. Underneath, they look like crap.

You want a steady 1-2 pound fat loss per week. Read the stickies... Many, many years of experience in those stickies. Don't try to improve on it...you won't...

You should plan to lose 1-2 pounds per week until you are able to look in the mirror and say to yourself "Yes, I'm happy with my leanness now." How long will that take? Only you will know.

1-2 pounds per week....average...some weeks will be more (especially at first) some will be less.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    okay. i've been checking out this site for a little while now and finally feel a little more comfortable posting pics just from seeing all of the help, motivation, and friendlyness everyone on here provides. so, i've pretty much been fat all my life. i started to look less obese as i went through puberty (like everyone) but i'm still uncomfortable with who i am. i want to transform myself so badly. its hard to without a scale and having an obese family who eats almost nothing but junk food. atleast i am athletic and have the potential to make this change. i just need help with a steady plan for this is my first time. also my first time ever posting a thread thing on here. sorry if being a noob is annoying lol. i'm just about 18. 5'6"-7" and 196 pounds and i have a large body frame. i have no clue what my bf% is. i need some estimates and help making a plan. i want to make myself comfortable for summer. i don't know how many grams of what i should have or anything. i don't have a gym pass or anything either. i have a couple weak resistance bands though. i don't know how much cardio or calories or what or how much to take in. i'm guessing that i'm going to do lots of running everyday. i don't mind. i just need help with a plan and estimation.. sorry for taking bad pics too. if i worked extremely hard until june/july, whats the lowest weight you think i could get to? sorry my post count isn't high enough to embed the pics or whatever.
    You are doing the rite thing and thumbs up to your courage on that..

Fix a goal in your mind and stick it on your wall... Like losing 'X' pounds in 'Y' time and divide it into smaller reachable/noticeable goals (weekly or bi-weekly) etc.

I cannot give you the best of advice but I'll try.. Even I started like a month ago and had like real bad fat everywhere.. Looked so darn ridiculous that I decided to change it for good...
    Since you have not done weight training before, I suggest you do it 3 times a week along with cardios..
    Start with light weights and overall body.. bench press, captains chair, biceps, triceps, shoulders, back (2 sets each).. Make sure you start very light weights and not strain yourself cuz it so happens that you overworkout the very first day and stress your body beyond its limit and end up resting for a week with loss of motivation.. Begin with maybe 30-45 minutes of all this and do cardios for around 25-30 minutes ( Treadmill if you are fine with running or ellipticals if you dont want to strain your legs).. make sure you stay between 55-80% of your maximum heart rate and stay consistent speed (walking or jogging).. You can slowly increase the amount of cardio as you gain more stamina.
    I prefer cardio after weights cuz I dont want to hinder my weight training...

You get loads of diet information on these forums and to begin with, use this
    cancer.org/healthy/toolsandcalculators/calculators/app/calorie-counter-calculator
    and consume 40% less calories and eat 6-7 small meals in a day..

Lose it the natural way, dont fall for fat burners etc... Its an uphill task but once you reach the goal that you set for yourself, its going to be real pretty..

Well, that is what I did and it works wonders for me.. I'm making some decent muscle and losing fat consistently.. Some Xtend shake pre and post workouts and a good 8.5-9 sleep on the workout day..

Let me know if I can help you more on this and pro cutsman correct me if I'm wrong anywhere on this post

Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500) Mitchelha is not very helpful. (-500)
    All sounds about right. Just know what ever effort you put in is what you'll get back. Its not always easy or fun just remember it will all be worth it. Theirs always things for inspiration and motivation you can find. Also nutrition is importaint but 2nd to the dedication to your hard work.GL

i plan on losing 40-45 pounds. i think that would do wonders on me. i just need a detailed plan and to be able to see progress. i have done weight training before a couple time in school. unfortunately i goofed off like everyone else in class. what would i do if i didn't want anymore lower body or leg muscle? would i just work on upper body workouts a couple times a week and run like 5 miles a day or what?

chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) chaz1072 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Losing 40-45 pounds in say 2.5-3 months is totally doable...

Do as much cardio as you can (3-4 days a week) and cut 40-50% in your 'calories needed per day to maintain current weight' with almost no saturated fat at all...

Build a knowledge base first, spend some time reading and understanding the human body... Read stickies on these forums

Good luck

k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) k_delaplain60 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    resistance training. you dont need a gym for good beginner resistance training.
    pushups, pull-ups, sit-ups, dips, squats, etc.. can all be done without a gym