discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm doing madcow but want to switch back to atg squats

I used to do olympic atg squats all the time back when i was doing olympic lifting, since I quit and changed to bodybuilding/powerlifting I started doing high bar parallel squats thinking they're safer

but actually they're not....

So I'm back to atg squatting now

did 3x375lbs parallel high bar on friday, now decided to go back to atg, my form still appears intact, i'm decending slowly now tho compared to when i was doing olympic lifting

I did 5x300lbs and decided to call it a day since I'm not accustomed to them anymore

Should I consider this a "reset" of the leg part of the program and build up from here?

Basically I want to build up my atg olympic squat so I can go back to my old gym and get respect. Lol, I know it sounds funny but that's my main reason for going back to atg

So what poundage should I shoot for on friday with the 3 rep piramid? Take it easy and go for like 330?

thanks

Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Heavy_Beats has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by discombobulat3d View Post
    I used to do olympic atg squats all the time back when i was doing olympic lifting, since I quit and changed to bodybuilding/powerlifting I started doing high bar parallel squats thinking they're safer

but actually they're not....

So I'm back to atg squatting now

did 3x375lbs parallel high bar on friday, now decided to go back to atg, my form still appears intact, i'm decending slowly now tho compared to when i was doing olympic lifting

I did 5x300lbs and decided to call it a day since I'm not accustomed to them anymore

Should I consider this a "reset" of the leg part of the program and build up from here?

Basically I want to build up my atg olympic squat so I can go back to my old gym and get respect. Lol, I know it sounds funny but that's my main reason for going back to atg

So what poundage should I shoot for on friday with the 3 rep piramid? Take it easy and go for like 330?

thanks
    I don't know what you should aim for off the top of my head, perhaps you should find out what the spreadsheet says. Good move on the deload though, changing squat technique can through everything out of whack so using a weight low enough to be able to do them correctly with the technique you are now going to use is your best bet.
    Last edited by Heavy_Beats; 03-07-2011 at 03:41 AM.

discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50) discombobulat3d will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Heavy_Beats View Post
    I don't know what you should aim for off the top of my head, perhaps you should find out what the spreadsheet says. Good move on the deload though, changing squat technique can through everything out of whack so using a weight low enough to be able to do them correctly in with the technique you are now going to use is your best bet.
    I guess I'll go for the 330 on the 3rep thing on friday and then keep adding 1.25kilo plates to each side every workout (which is 10kilo increase per month), that way I should be about where I am now in wo months, but with deep squats instead of parallel. Maybe that's a "too careful" approach, I don't know but two months isn't that long anyway

what's weird actually is that when you squat high bar, a parallel squat isn't that much higher than an atg one, but it's still a noticably different movement

Intense as fuk bro austin.j.taylor's Avatar
    austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) austin.j.taylor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you can oly squat atg without butt winking, i think its the way to go. I have notice since my switch to low bar and wide stance that my quads fell hardly worked at all. I plan on going back to high bar oly style once my knee feels better.
    ★cVc★

My Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174578931

SPF World Record Holder strongozilla's Avatar
    strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500) strongozilla is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OP could you pliz post a vid or two so we can see what constitutes your "ATG" or "parallel" squatting. Have you ever done a meet?

Registered User rancid_theclash's Avatar
    rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000)
    Right now I'm in the middle of the TEXAS METHOD..
    I find my arms REALLY hurt from low bar afterwords on volume day... but do like using the technique if I'm just doing one PR set on friday, seeing as I can do more weight.

What do you guys think of doing high bar a2g on mondays volume day and low bar on fridays for the pr day... or would that be a bad idea.

I think if i was on madcows I would go until I stall out before changing the style just because its a stricter routine. If you do change it though I dont think you'd need to reset as in do the deload but just try and find your current a2g high bar max. maybe take off 5 pounds the first week if you feel its affecting your form. good luck either way dude

Originally Posted by strongozilla View Post
    OP could you pliz post a vid or two so we can see what constitutes your "ATG" or "parallel" squatting. Have you ever done a meet?
    am i detecting scepticism? if so not worth shooting a video for. feels awkward filming in a public gym