addycoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation It is PMS and I'm hungry!

How do I know it is PMS?

1- I wake up starving, and I stay hungry all the time!
    2- Everything my husband does or say irritates me :-s

But forget about number two, I just need help with hunger. This morning, I had two cups of boiled broccli, three hard boiled eggs one with the yolk and the other two without and a peice of whole grain toast. Still hungry...is this normal? what to do?

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Perfectly normal--1 and 2

I find that carbs and fats help squash those cravings. Peanut butter sandwiches usually do the job.

IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000) IronOrchid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by addycoot View Post
    How do I know it is PMS?

1- I wake up starving, and I stay hungry all the time!
    2- Everything my husband does or say irritates me :-s

But forget about number two, I just need help with hunger. This morning, I had two cups of boiled broccli, three hard boiled eggs one with the yolk and the other two without and a peice of whole grain toast. Still hungry...is this normal? what to do?
    Broccoli in the morning will make me sad too even on regular days. LOL Put some nutella with fresh strawberries and/or bananas on top of that whole grain bread! Enjoy with your coffee. It helps me.
    Little girls cry... Big girls say "F@ck!".

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I try to eat more volume foods to fill myself up as well as choose foods at the lower end of the GI scale and make sure I keep my fats up. Whole grain bread is a higher glycemic food (it burns right through me anyway, I am hungry after I eat it). Ezekiel bread (its sprouted grain bread) is one of the few breads that is a low glycemic food. It comes in cinammon raisin and English muffins as well as plain too. I sometimes put peanut butter or almond butter on that for toast and then have a protein with breakfast (if I eat toast, I would most probably stir protein powder into skim milk).

Next time scramble your eggs with chopped brocolli and a little cheese or southwestern spiced lean ground meat and skip the toast, add beans. The cals are better spent on other carbs that stick with you longer, in my opinion. That's my "go to" when I am really hungry. Southwestern scramble with Greek yogurt on top in place of sour cream. A huge plate (I put bell peppers, onions, and beans as well as the meat and eggs in the scramble) comes out to only 300 cals and it totally fills me up.

I like to eat a huge salad (with protein and a nice olive oil dressing) to fill myself up. Pop some plain popcorn lol. It can help with the "munchies" of PMS at 120 cals for 3 cups.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.