Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oats vs Cereal

Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a new poster so don't kill me:

I personally eat Three Servings of Kashi Go Lean (13 g of protein per serving huzzah) and mix it with dry instant oatmeal. I like it well enough.

I now await for someone to tell me how bad this is for me.

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Elbukari View Post
    The cereal that i eat contains 22g of carbs and 10g of sugar while the oats that i recently bought contain 33g of carbs and 13g of sugar. According to the labels its very clear that cereal has more different kinds of vitamins than oats.

But i did notice a huge difference this morning when i ate oats for breakfast. I was more full and sort of bloated while when i eat cereal i'm hungry right afterwards.

But like i said the label makes it seem like cereal has more ****, i am of course talking about whole grain cereal. Calories are smaller per serving as well.

But because i feel full with oats i will continue to eat them from now on.
    Cereals have significantly less micronutrients than actual oats. The only reason the label is covered in bull**** about vitamins is because it's a selling point for some, since they had absolutely nothing in them before. You're not going to walk down an aisle of oats thinking "Hmm, which oatmeal would give me the most vitamins?". That advertising is for the ignorant and misinformed.

Originally Posted by Troma99 View Post
    I'm a new poster so don't kill me:

I personally eat Three Servings of Kashi Go Lean (13 g of protein per serving huzzah) and mix it with dry instant oatmeal. I like it well enough.

I now await for someone to tell me how bad this is for me.
    Kashi Go Lean does not fit under the same category as the typical cereal. It is a vast improvement over them, as "cereal" in this thread is sugary cereals that are marketed mainly towards children. If you enjoy it, keep eating it.

Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Troma99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SeanP35 View Post
    Cereals have significantly less micronutrients than actual oats. The only reason the label is covered in bull**** about vitamins is because it's a selling point for some, since they had absolutely nothing in them before. You're not going to walk down an aisle of oats thinking "Hmm, which oatmeal would give me the most vitamins?". That advertising is for the ignorant and misinformed.

Kashi Go Lean does not fit under the same category as the typical cereal. It is a vast improvement over them, as "cereal" in this thread is sugary cereals that are marketed mainly towards children. If you enjoy it, keep eating it.
    ...not to be an arrogant ass but...I can't believe people still eat that. I mean I haven't ate that sugary stuff in like ten years.

Well I guess I went through a Special K stage (twas super sweet) but it wreaked havok on my bowels.

But that's good to know that Kashi is super healthy.

logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) logitec224 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I feel 0 difference when i eat oats in the morning as opposed to eating a sugary cereal, come at me oatz warriors.

SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SeanP35 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Troma99 View Post
    ...not to be an arrogant ass but...I can't believe people still eat that. I mean I haven't ate that sugary stuff in like ten years.

Well I guess I went through a Special K stage (twas super sweet) but it wreaked havok on my bowels.

But that's good to know that Kashi is super healthy.
    Many move to the sugary cereals targeted at adults, like Cheerios and whatnot and it really is no improvement. Personally, not only do I not want to eat the stuff, I find it hard to eat. A lot of things that used to taste sweet just taste terrible to me.

Kashi is definitely healthier and you will receive more micronutrients especially in the mineral department, though as with any cereal it lacks certain vitamins (grains do not contain certain vitamins) so hopefully people get them from elsewhere.

Originally Posted by logitec224 View Post
    I feel 0 difference when i eat oats in the morning as opposed to eating a sugary cereal, come at me oatz warriors.
    Let me guess, you eat the microwaveable, prepackaged, flavoured crap I referred to earlier in this thread?

DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeadLiftCars has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by braden101 View Post
    Carbohydrates = Sugar.
    Originally Posted by braden101 View Post
    yeah, i probably should have said it like that.

I was trying to make the point that when someone looks at a cereal label and it says -

Carbohydrates - 45g
    Sugars - 45g

They are the same, it is simply stating that all the Carbohydrates in the product are made up of simple sugars.

Though by the looks of it, i may have caused even more confusion lol.

Oh i thought you were being sarcastic and saying like "yea cuz carbs=sugar makes sense".

Hman929 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hman929 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hman929 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hman929 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hman929 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hman929 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hman929 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    One word: FIBRE!
    "It doesn't matter how long it takes, what matters is actually reaching there" - Hman929

"Everyone starts a newbie, but not everyone proceeds to the next level" - Hman929