nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000)

Crrrroooossssfiiitttt!!!!!

So I thought I was in good shape, and then I tried crossfit! I've done two workouts so far, and I'm loving it.

Anybody else try it?? What did you like about it? What didn't you like about it? Did you improve in other areas ie: strength, endurance, vertical jump??
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude, playin' a dude, disguised as another dude!"

new heights of badassity summertown74's Avatar
    summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) summertown74 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm kinda addicted to crossfit...

I've been going off and on since November. When I wasn't going, I missed it like crazy! And when I was going, I kept bitch*n to myself that I should be powerlifting

I love the camaderie. I love the slight competitiveness of the workouts. I love that I'm pretty much guaranteed to get my ass kicked!

I actually was suprised that I got stronger. When I started it, I had just finished a run of Max OT after a long season of powerlifting. I didn't do ANY serious "heavy" training from November until two weeks ago, when I started back with my powerlifting coach, and I was stunned to find out that my lifts all went up, except for sumo deadlift which went down. Not by much, mind you, but still UP, when I hadn't been doing any low-rep training. Huh.

There are things I don't like. I'm the kind of person who likes to know how I'm progressing, and when you never do the same workout, it's hard to know if you're getting stronger. I also don't like that at my box, we don't do enough Oly lifting (only about once or twice a week average), but that goes back to never doing the same thing twice.

but all in all I love it. I think it might be my thing!
    wabi sabi...the art of finding beauty in the imperfections of life.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My main issue with it (at least the ones around here) is how anyone is allowed in and then put through an intense workout with no regard to form or risk. Again, maybe its just ours, but Ive seen people doing very very very dangerous things. :S

For people who know what they're doing though, heck yes! Bomb, ass-busting intense workouts for the win
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50) cynthia_waz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i'm about to google it - but what is the crossfit workout?
    I'm gonna be one to watch in 2012. Just wait and see.

Dirty Old Uncle Sam Likes His Women Fit and Trim
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136368681&page=1

*Team Amazon* Sisterhood of Iron

nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000) nea_lin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow, I'm glad to hear that it's helped, summertown

and I kind of agree with you, vandalgirl. But at the crossfit gym that I go to, they now require that you do 3 classes of fundamentals, which is learning how to do the form properly. I'm glad that they at least have that...

Cynthia, crossfit is a workout that combines lifts, cardio, and plyometrics all into one. The workout is done with very little rest, making it very intense. It was supposedly originally designed for cops, firefighters, military, etc to help get them in top condition. Now it has been introduced to the public, and is gaining popularity.
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude, playin' a dude, disguised as another dude!"

Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by vandalgirl59 View Post
    My main issue with it (at least the ones around here) is how anyone is allowed in and then put through an intense workout with no regard to form or risk. Again, maybe its just ours, but Ive seen people doing very very very dangerous things. :S

For people who know what they're doing though, heck yes! Bomb, ass-busting intense workouts for the win
    Agreed, my boyfriend is a SERIOUS cult Crossfitter, totally has the Kool-Aid running through his veins. I do think that the likelihood of injury is much higher if you aren't doing it right, because you're basically going as much and as fast as you can, which doesn't necessarily promote good form.

There are good and bad things about it, though. We have basically agreed that Crossfit is more concerned with making you good at Crossfit, whereas my lifting is basically for the purpose of making me look better.

I should note, however, that the people who do it well can do a lot of awesome things. That being said, there isn't nearly as much stuff on the website that stresses form as much as faster, more weight, ect.
    If you aren't willing to work for it, you probably don't deserve it. Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation, and if you aren't ready to lead or follow you had better be ready to get the hell out of the way.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127157663&page=22

TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TeayotaSoupra has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My deputy buddy who has been helping me with my form and who will be teaching me how to box is co owner of a Crossfit gym and he said they make sure people start with the basics. He's been telling me I need to join him but I'm already in contract with my gym ... and.. I'm not a huge fan of working out with a bunch of people. I meet him after everyone is done when he trains me.

He is insanely fit though! And from the females i've seen there they've got some damn nice bodies as well!

dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dirtyjerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TeayotaSoupra View Post
    And from the females i've seen there they've got some damn nice bodies as well!
    this.

dem abs and legs.
    New Jersey: 201
    ★ BlackBerry Messenger Misc Group ★
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

All lifts are 100% raw. (old stats are old)
    Squat: 375x5, 385x3, 415x1
    Front Squat: 315x5, 335x3
    Deadlift: 515x5, 525x1
    Clean: 305
    Bench: 275x6, 290x3, 305x1

Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000) Ameinseto is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TeayotaSoupra View Post
    My deputy buddy who has been helping me with my form and who will be teaching me how to box is co owner of a Crossfit gym and he said they make sure people start with the basics. He's been telling me I need to join him but I'm already in contract with my gym ... and.. I'm not a huge fan of working out with a bunch of people. I meet him after everyone is done when he trains me.

He is insanely fit though! And from the females i've seen there they've got some damn nice bodies as well!
    The people who are starting out at a Crossfit gym are much better off, but I was referring to the people who just decide to start Crossfit to get in better shape because they see it as a great compromise between weightlifting and cardio. Lots of people start off with it thinking that it will get them as fit as they can be as fast as possible. Looking at the website and how Crossfit tells people about their workouts, beginners are likely to see 20 times as many comments about going harder and faster than about taking care of form.
    If you aren't willing to work for it, you probably don't deserve it. Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation, and if you aren't ready to lead or follow you had better be ready to get the hell out of the way.

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127157663&page=22

kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kdiamond55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love Crossfit!! I've been doing it for 6 months now, 3x a week. I have gotten seriously stronger and leaner since doing it and have definitely gotten a lot more confidence with lifting heavier weights. I used to think I was doing something by deadlifting 25 pounds 20 reps...lol...now I can deadlift 115# in a normal rep scheme. I have made major gains and lost a few % body fat and have an overall leaner look. I actually gained a couple of pounds doing it but I don't mind, I look better.

I personally don't like the comraderie aspect of it...too clique-y for me, I stick to my workout and don't talk much, it is too distracting. I LOVE how every workout is different, and you never know what you're gonna get, because I am a person who gets bored easily and gives up when a routine gets too mundane.

I also agree it is VERY important to have a good trainer...I actually tried it twice before, like 2 years ago and then a year ago but the trainers were terrible and I didn't feel comfortable with the workouts. I have an awesome trainer now who is very dilligent about making sure we're doing the right weights for each individual person. IMPORTANT to avoid injury.

But yes, it is amazing and I love it!
    Karen

StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10) StephanieShine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I love crossfit!!!! I shy away from too much olympic lifting when it comes up in the WODS but otherwise I love it and I am progressing away from the plateu I was on. I also like the shorter workouts (3 on/1 off) makes it more easy to stick to and fit into my day.
    Success is believing in what you can do, and doing it better every time.

Live Fit and Get Fit!
    LiveFitwithStephanie.com