shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shadowmoses has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tall people + muscle

Why does it take someone who is about 6 ft tall much longer than someone who is under 5'5 to gain muscle.for example i am about 6ft talll and am nearly 3 times as strong as some of my freinds who are small under 5'5 but there muscles seem to show up more.................is this something to do with the length of your muscles if you are tall?

Please clear it up because it is annoying me that smaller weaker people than me look much bigger?

Peace

Is on Chicken steroids Assassinator's Avatar
    Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Taller people have longer limbs... their arms and legs are longer, thus they appear to be smaller, with less mass on em'

Also tall people have longer arms and legs, so lifting weights is a bit harder, the weight needs to travel more.

Its obvious that a short guy with muscles, will look like he has more mass thana taller guy

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Assassinator
    Taller people have longer limbs... their arms and legs are longer, thus they appear to be smaller, with less mass on em'

Also tall people have longer arms and legs, so lifting weights is a bit harder, the weight needs to travel more.

Its obvious that a short guy with muscles, will look like he has more mass thana taller guy

Bump, 10 pounds of muscle will look like more on a shorter person because there is less surface area.

Remember:

Work = Force X Distance

So if you have less distance to travel (push or pull) you can handle more force (weight) to get the same amount of work done.
    I'm back. For good.

Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Baby bear_85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Tall people + muscle

Originally posted by shadowmoses
    Why does it take someone who is about 6 ft tall much longer than someone who is under 5'5 to gain muscle.for example i am about 6ft talll and am nearly 3 times as strong as some of my freinds who are small under 5'5 but there muscles seem to show up more.................is this something to do with the length of your muscles if you are tall?

Please clear it up because it is annoying me that smaller weaker people than me look much bigger?

Peace
    BIG BUMP!!

I have friends who are shorter than me. They look stronger than myself, but they arn't.

One of my friends, who is the same age as me (17), looks a LOT stronger than me, but he's weaker. Shorter people have a lot shorter limbs therefore allowing the weight to not have to travel as far.

Oh, by the way, I'm 6' tall.
    @155 lbs.BW (as of 5/19/03)

Max Bench:225
    Max DL:355
    Max Squat:285
    Max Military:145

Don't Mess With The
    BABY BEAR!

Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000) Assassinator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thats why most powerlifters are the blocky, short armed type , not to many 6"5 , 1000 lb squatters out there

I would like to be 5"10, i guess thats the ideal height for my frame

BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000) BigTraps is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by Assassinator
    Thats why most powerlifters are the blocky, short armed type , not to many 6"5 , 1000 lb squatters out there

I would like to be 5"10, i guess thats the ideal height for my frame
    I don't mind being 6'3" Sure my arms don't look as big as they could, but height is even more intimidating than size in most cases.
    I'm back. For good.

ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000) ShutUpAndSquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Don't be afraid of being too tall...look at those World Strongest Men competitors. They're around 6'5 and they're HUGE.

I know, being tall is cool, when everyone is in a crowd, you do you see, the 6 foot towers ....

Not 6"3 , unless thats with 240 lbs solid !

6 foot a good height to be

Originally posted by ShutUpAndSquat
    Don't be afraid of being too tall...look at those World Strongest Men competitors. They're around 6'5 and they're HUGE.
    Yes,they are monsters, but they are not bodybuilders, in there competitions, height is usually an advantage .