Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

BigO's Glutamine by Higher Power Log

I've been training for 16 years. Its been awhile since I have taken any glutamine or used any intraworkout supplement. Right now I am working on lean out a little more for the summer. Did a pretty lean bulk over the winter was up to 183. Right around 180 right now gonna cut down to 175 by Mid May. My diet is low carb. I have a carb meal after working out every 3 days or so. I eat high protein and fats and lots of veggies. I have my workout days really random right now and trying to change up alot. One week I'll start with arms, the next I might start off with legs. Working out 5 days a week with 2 days off and I keep the days off random also.. I like volume training as you will see I do a good amount of sets and reps.
    You can't acquire aesthetics, but you can work to be aestheticly pleasing to others...

“How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can’t even trust his own pants.”

ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ochenaultaz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Day 1

Was This Monday. I trained biceps and Triceps

Took one scoop of Glutamine.

I had a pretty long day at work. My workout partner decided he wanted to do arms to do so I was pretty motivated to get in and lift.

Bicep curls 4 sets of 12 with 95lbs
    Skull crushers 4 sets of 12 with 80lbs, I tend not to do these because they kill my elbows.. so I keep em light.
    Preacher Curls /Hammer curls super set 4 sets of 12 85lbs for the Preachers. Used the 60lb dumbells for the Hammer curls
    Rope Tricep push downs 4 sets of 20 with 100lbs
    Dips 4 sets of 20 with bodyweight
    Drag curls 4 sets of 20 with 65lbs

Taste 7
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 8
    Overall Performance 8

I liked the tasted. It wasn't to sweet or strong. I really powered through this workout. We went a quicker tempo then usual and finished arms in like 30 minutes. I really felt like I could keep going and going. Really seemed like the Glutamine had me ready for each set quicker then usual.
    You can't acquire aesthetics, but you can work to be aestheticly pleasing to others...

“How can you trust a man who wears both a belt and suspenders? The man can’t even trust his own pants.”

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm very glad to see you eat a lot of veggies. To many peoiple live on protein powder! In for the ride, Big O...
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

Day 2

Was this Wednesday.

Took one scoop of Glutamine

The dreaded leg day... Had an easier day at work. Felt well rested and ready to go.

Squats
    3 Warm up sets with 135lbs 10 reps
    5 sets 225lbs 5 reps

Leg Press
    6 plates 12 reps
    8 plates 12 reps
    10 plates 12 reps
    12 plates 12 reps
    12 plates 12 reps

Leg extensions
    4 sets 110lbs 20 reps

Leg curls
    4 sets 120 20 reps

Calf raises
    5 sets 230lbs 20 reps

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 8
    Overall Performance 8

I really like the taste of this stuff. My knees always take awhile to warm up on leg day. Once I got warmed up though I picked up the pace and felt ready for the next set and exercise faster with each sip of my gluatamine.

Day 3

Was this Thursday.

Chest day. No workout partner today so my rest time between sets is usually shorter.
    Felt great. Weekend is almost here. I have been cutting down on late nights out and getting alot more rest this week.

Dumbell Bench press
    2 sets with 140lbs to warm up. 15 reps a piece
    1 set 180lbs 12 reps
    1 set 200lbs 12 reps
    1 set 220lbs 10 reps
    2 sets 240lbs 8 reps

Barbell Incline Press
    5 sets 225 5 reps

Cable Incline Flys
    5 sets of 15 reps with 60lbs each side. Slow reps
    Superset with Weighted Dips
    5 sets of 20 reps with 45lbs

Hanging Leg raises
    5 sets of 20 with 20lbs

Seated Calf machine
    1 set 210lbs 100 reps

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 8
    Overall Performance 8

I don't know if I need to add more water or take smaller sips but I've been finishing my drink mid workout. Again just pumped. Really focused in the gym right now. With Glutamine it seems I'm ready to go for the next set really quickly.

I will include what I ate this day also

Meal one

1 cup no Fat Cottage Cheese
    2 tbs Natty Peanut Butter
    2 cups of Coffee

Meal two

6oz Chicken Breast
    28 Almonds.
    1/2 cup of Brocholi

Meal three
    6oz Chicken Breast
    28 Almonds.
    1/2 cup of Brocholi

Meal four
    6oz Chicken Breast
    28 Almonds.
    1/2 cup of Brocholi

Meal five Preworkout
    1 cup no Fat Cottage Cheese
    2 tbs Natty Peanut Butter
    2 cups of Coffee

Meal six
    4 eggs
    5 pieces of Turkey Bacon
    1/2 Cup of Brocholi

HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In, looking good brotha!
    Check us out on ********!
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/pages/Higher-Power-Nutrition/164091646944274

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just a suggestion, replace some of the almonds with other veggies. Broccoli is great - a superfood, but there are other veggies and other colors other than green that have phytonutrients. Looks like a good plan.
    Available as a rep

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sub'd for this! Love that cottage cheese and peanutbutter mix! Very awesome back man!
    --------------------------------------------

Personal Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155617473

240 lb dumbbell bench press? Seriously?
    Available as a rep

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Probably means 120lbs dumbbells but just adds them together? Cause if you are warming up with 140lb single dumbbells thats pretty crazy haha.

Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    Probably means 120lbs dumbbells but just adds them together? Cause if you are warming up with 140lb single dumbbells thats pretty crazy haha.
    Even so, that is some serious weight! You can't lift as much with dumbbell compared to barbell. Well, most people...
    Available as a rep

Just adding total weight.

Day 4

Friday. Back day.

One Scoop of Glutamine

End of the week. Back day always has me pumped up.

Start off with a super set of three exercises.

5 Sets each
    Pull ups 15 reps with just body weight.
    Dumbell one arm rows 1x10 100lbs
    2x10 110lbs
    2x10 120lbs
    Kneeling Cable Pull downs
    5x20 50 lbs on each side. Really slow.

Reverse grip Machine pull downs

5 x 12 100lbs

Dumbell Pull Overs
    5 x 20 reps with 80lbs.... never do these really heavy. They kind of bother my elbows.

Finished with Wide grip Pull downs
    5 x 20 reps 100lbs

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 8
    Overall Performance 9

Another great workout. Just feeling so motivated with Glutamine and I've been really blasting through the workouts. Resting less inbetween sets.

Day 5

Saturday

Shoulders today. Elbows were feeling alittle tight today. Took a bit to warm up. Could of been because of the cold weather and rain...the grey skies makes it hard to stay motivated.

Dumbell Military press. Putting down combined total weight.
    1 x 12 90lbs
    1 x 12 120lbs
    1 x 10 140lbs
    1 x 10 160lbs
    2 x 8 180lbs

Superset
    4 sets each exercise
    Incline barbell front raises
    4x 15 50lbs

Incline dumbell side raises
    4 x 15 20lbs

Face pulls

5 x 15 110lbs

Dumbell Shrugs

5 x 15 250lbs

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 8
    Overall Performance 9

After my elbows warmed up. I had another great workout.

Looks like 2 awesome workouts man. Definitely some nice numbers all around.

Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    Looks like 2 awesome workouts man. Definitely some nice numbers all around.
    Agreed!

Big O, would you mine going to the site:
    http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/Higher_Power/Glutamine and clicking on the blue button that says "Rate This Product" and give it a rating?

Much appreciated, buddy.
    Available as a rep

HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10) HigherPowerRep is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good stuff in here
    http://www.********.com/home.php?#!/pages/Higher-Power-Nutrition/164091646944274

Day 6

Monday

Took a scoop of Glutamine

So its Monday and I'm ready to hit the gym after a day off. My workout partner sends me and text and says back or chest... Since its international chest day and Back is my favorite workout.... we hit back!

Barbell Bent rows

Warmed up with 135lbs 2 set of 15
    2 sets of 10 reps 225lbs
    1 set of 8 reps 245lbs
    Buddy was late so I hit 2 more sets of 225lbs for 10 reps.

T bar close grip rows
    1 set of 10 reps 180lbs
    3 sets of 10 reps 225lbs

Dumbell rows..... yes we went crazy with rows. Usually not the way I do back.

4 sets of 15 105 lbs

Wide Grip Pull downs
    4 sets of 20 120lbs

Close grip Pull downs
    4 sets of 20 140lbs

Man I felt great. Was so motivated to workout. It was off the charts. The Glutamine just keep me going and as usual the workout went faster and faster.
    Chest day today.

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 9
    Overall Performance 9

Love hitting back. I hit it twice a week! Glad the motivation was high man, that always makes things seem easier!

That's some heavy back work, buddy.
    Available as a rep

What you tearing up today

Day 7

Tuesday

Chest Day

We hit a gym that we both use to workout in.

Bench Press
    2 sets 15 reps 135lbs
    1 set 12 reps 225lbs
    1 set 10 reps 245lbs
    2 sets 8 reps 265lbs

Incline Dumbell press
    1 set of 12 reps 180lbs
    3 sets of 10 reps 200lbs
    Parallel bar Dips
    5 sets of 20 reps

Dumbell Pull overs
    4 sets of 20 reps 80lbs

Machine Flys
    5 sets of 20 reps 100lbs

Felt good. Not as motivated as some of the other days but workout partner mentioned how little rest I was taking inbetween sets..said he felt like we were doing a cardio workout..

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 9
    Overall Performance 9

Nice! Lots of heavy looking sets man. I know what you mean, I take very little rests as well. I kind of like it that way though sometimes I do like to take my time.

Originally Posted by ochenaultaz View Post
    Day 7

Felt good. Not as motivated as some of the other days but workout partner mentioned how little rest I was taking inbetween sets..said he felt like we were doing a cardio workout..

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 9
    Overall Performance 9
    haha. Improved "quality" training. Doing the same thing.
    Available as a rep

You hitting anything today?

Strong lifts brothah!

No weekend workouts?
    Available as a rep

Was a little busy this weekend. Did get in workouts though.

Day 8

Thursday was SHoulder day

Felt good and Thursday is always a great day to start the weekend.

Dumbell Military Press
    1 set of 15 reps 90llbs
    1 set of 10 reps 120lbs
    1 set of 10 reps 140lbs
    1 set of 10 reps 160lbs
    2 set of 8 reps 180lbs

Arnold presses
    4 set of 15 reps 90lbs

Face Pulls
    4 sets of 20 reps 120lbs

Bentover side laterals
    4 sets of 20 reps 50lbs

Cable Side laterals
    4 sets of 20 reps 30lbs

Barbell Shurgs

1 set of 10 reps 225lbs
    1 set of 10 reps 315lbs
    2 sets of 8 reps 405lbs

It was a great workout. I've really been killing traps lately and they have been responding well. One of my old workout partners came back into town Sunday and he commented on much bigger my shoulders and traps were then when we worked out. He hasn't seen me in 2 years probably.

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 9
    Overall Performance 9

Day 9

Friday hit beach muscles... Biceps and triceps.

Dumbell curls
    I did drop sets 45s, 40s, 35s
    4 sets 20 reps total

Hammer curls

1 set 20 reps 45s
    3 sets 16 reps 55s

Dumbell Preacher curls

4 sets of 10 35s

Tricep push downs
    4 sets of 15 140lbs

Reverse grip tricep push downs

4 sets of 15 100lbs

Dips

4 sets of 20 rep

Close grip Bench
    1 set 15 reps 135lbs
    1 set 10 reps 185lbs
    2 sets 8 reps 225lblbs

Taste 8
    Endurance 8
    Recovery 9
    Overall Performance 9

Nice 2 workouts man! Def looking strong. How has your recovery improved since day 1?