Thread: Frustrated

SweetSpot0220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetSpot0220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetSpot0220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Frustrated

Ok, so first let me say this is probably going to come across as petty and childish . . . sorry I don't mean for it to be. But how does one not get frustrated when it has taken me 7 weeks to lose 7lbs. and a co-worker of mine comes into the offfice this morning to announce that she lost 7.5 lbs. last week . . . grrrr . . . ? We are about the same height, weight and age . . . but different body types.
    I am happy for her, she is a friend so we support one another, but I count every calorie and workout twice as much as she does. We celebrated office birthdays last week and I watched her eat icecream cake while i sipped on my green tea. We meet to workout on Saturday mornings and she skipped this past Sat. to have breakfast out with some other friends.
    Yes, I have lost inches and I am gaining muscle definition and I know I should not compare . . . but it really burns me. I know we all are made differently and NO she is not doing any weight training, so I know what I am doing is the right way to do it. Thank you for letting me vent, the whole experience just really deflated my motivation this morning.

Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It is in these circumstances I like to think that she just lost water weight and or lied :P
    If it helps you get through the day then yay. If not, well use it as motivation.

7lbs in 7 weeks is a great loss.
    Back in the saddle again...YEEHAW

SweetSpot0220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetSpot0220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SweetSpot0220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jeshi View Post
    It is in these circumstances I like to think that she just lost water weight and or lied :P
    If it helps you get through the day then yay. If not, well use it as motivation.

Thanks! Sometimes it just helps to vent. I am only competing with myself . . . just one of those days when I am not feeling so good about it all . . . .

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SweetSpot0220 View Post
    Thanks! Sometimes it just helps to vent. I am only competing with myself . . . just one of those days when I am not feeling so good about it all . . . .
    If she's not strength training she'll be "skinny fat" and you'll be lean and strong and look better naked; or in a swimsuit , lol. Think of it that way...; )

canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canjad80 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also keep in mind that the scale is not always your friend

While I do monitor my weight each week, I tend to pay more attention to how my clothes fit and how I look. Sometimes you'll find that your body will completely change shape without much movement on the scale.

As Jeshi already said, 7lbs in 7 weeks is good progress. You're on the right track!
    Current Technical 1RM
    Squat: 175 / Bench: 125 / Deadlift: 260 / Strict OHP: 85 / C&J: 100 / Snatch: 82.5

Goals
    Squat: 300 / Bench: 200 / Deadlift: 400 / Strict OHP: 200 / C&J: 200 / Snatch: 150

"Commitment is doing the thing you said you would do, long after the mood you said it in, has left you." ~George Zalucki~

Lifting Heavy!!! Scarl3tbutt3rfly's Avatar
    Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scarl3tbutt3rfly will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jeshi View Post

I agree with the above! Usually an intial loss of that amount is water loss from diet changes. You really don't want to lose too much more than a pound a week and be losing only fat. So you are doing AWESOME!

Some people have that intial drop and some people dont. I wouldn't stress!
    You focus your mind to train your body, and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieve it. ~Arnold Schwarzenegger, The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding, 1998

Music is holy, Art is sacred, and Creativity is power

Vote for me! Vitrix Model Search-Vote HERE!!: http://www.vitrixmodelteam.com/index.php?option=com_modelsearch&controller=contestant&userid=233&filter_contest=14&Itemid=142#photoid=1938

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    There's no point in getting frustrated, even if she did lose more fat than you (though I must agree with Jeshi and assume it's mostly water). We all have to deal with the hand mother nature gave us. For some people losing weight's easy, for others, not so much.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jeshi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SweetSpot0220 View Post
    Haha I totally understand. I have definitely been there and I will probably be there again. You are a little more merciful in your venting than I am in mine haha :P
    Back in the saddle again...YEEHAW

I want to look like you.. mrmbm's Avatar
    mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mrmbm is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hear ya...I am losing fat very, very slowly, but gaining muscle pretty quickly. I have to keep remembering that when I get on the scale. It's hard, but just concentrate on how you FEEL and how your clothes are fitting...good luck on your journey!
    I'm never gonna be this fat again...
    --------------------------

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

My latest journal! Follow along...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141007621

Smile

Originally Posted by mrmbm View Post
    I hear ya...I am losing fat very, very slowly, but gaining muscle pretty quickly. I have to keep remembering that when I get on the scale. It's hard, but just concentrate on how you FEEL and how your clothes are fitting...good luck on your journey!
    Thank you everyone for the encouragement . . . I do feel good about the progress I am making . . . somedays us girls just a little deflated . . . I appreciate the support

euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) euco09 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    7 pounds in 7 weeks is great! I think you are lsoing in a much healthier way than your friend!