Registered User Rikkitikkitavi2's Avatar
    Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Diet Advice: How's this meal plan look?

I'm looking to gain quality muscle while cutting down on BF.

Current Stats:
    5'9'' -- 160lb. -- 20% BF

How's this diet look? What might I be able to substitute for avocado, maybe Natty PB? Cauliflower subtitute = broccoli? Thanks for the replies. Will rep back for helpful responses.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-te...tosterone.html

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rikkitikkitavi View Post
    I'm looking to gain quality muscle while cutting down on BF.
    Which do you want to do first? Gain muscle mass or reduce adiposity?

Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This^. Also you should come up with a diet plan that works for you and your lifestyle. Alot of that info is bull. Read the stickies and make a meal plan that fits your schedule.

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I suggest you start learning how to compose a proper, effective diet here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rikkitikkitavi2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Which do you want to do first? Gain muscle mass or reduce adiposity?
    Muscle mass is of the highest priority. BF may be closer to 15% as abdominals are visible, but far from cut/defined. If I had to choose one, it would be to gain muscle, but getting down to single digit BF is still on the to-do list. Thanks for the help.

I suggest you start learning how to compose a proper, effective diet here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    Thank you for the link. It sure looks informative. I've been on a fairly dialed diet for a while now, and gains have been minimal. Thus, I was considering switching up my diet.

Total water consumption: 1 -- 1.5 gallons/day

Breakfast:
    4 whole eggs
    1+ cups of oatmeal
    1 banana
    16 oz. 2% milk

Lunch:
    6+ oz. grilled chicken or tuna salad
    2 pieces of whole wheat toast
    1+ cups of vegetables w/ olive oil
    16 oz. 2% milk

Post-Workout:
    1-2 scoops of whey/24g protein

Dinner:
    8oz steak or hamburg or chicken
    1+ cup of mashed potatoe/baked potatoe/brown or white rice
    1+ cup of vegetables w/ olive oil
    16oz. 2% milk

*occasional snack = almonds and/or dried fruit

rough macros:
    Calories: 3,232
    Fat: 181 g
    Carbs: 201 g
    Protein: 166 g

Is this a decent diet or am I way off the mark? Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Rikkitikkitavi View Post
    Calories: 3,232
    Fat: 181 g
    Carbs: 201 g
    Protein: 166 g
    Those macronutrients total 3,097 calories.

That aside, the breakdown is similar to how I eat on a bulk, but many people eat less fat and more carbs. I actually eat a bit more fat and less carbs than what is in your proposed diet.

Those macronutrients total 3,097 calories.

That aside, the breakdown is similar to how I eat on a bulk, but many people eat less fat and more carbs. I actually eat a bit more fat and less carbs than what is in your proposed diet.
    Thanks for getting back to me. Would you suggest fats or carbs are more essential during a mass building phase? This is often asked on the forums, but is there a macro ratio/meal plan that aids in lean mass "bulking" in addition to some fat loss?

^ It's essential to at least meet sufficiency of fat intake. After that, it becomes highly dependent on the individual.

Some people respond superbly to relatively high carb intake, where some people are just the opposite and some people fall in between. Those that don't respond well to high carbs (like me), tend to do better as we increase fat intake.

Unfortunately, it's something you have to experiment with to determine what works best for you.

I'll try to vary my carb vs fat intake and see what works best. Overall, however, my macros are not too off the mark?

What alterations would you suggest if I simply want to cut BF as quickly as possible?
    If I were to get down to single digit BF, would I have trouble putting on additional mass while maintaining a single digit BF?

Cutting body fat requires reducing total caloric intake while insuring micro/macronutrient sufficiency. If you cut too fast, then you'll lose more lean body mass compared to a slower cut.

Generally speaking, you should set caloric intake to at least 80% of maintenance during a cut.

Cutting body fat requires reducing total caloric intake while insuring micro/macronutrient sufficiency. If you cut too fast, then you'll lose more lean body mass compared to a slower cut.

Generally speaking, you should set caloric intake to at least 80% of maintenance during a cut.
    Is there a best place to create the deficit (carbs or fats) or should the caloric deficit be divided amongst the macros (carbs/fats/protein)?