Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by nmsk80066 View Post
    Wow man I had no idea you were street_ryda until I came into this journal!

You look freaky bro, in the good way of course, nice stuff and insane progress

I read the whole journal so far, keep it up and I'll try to stop by when I can.
    Haha, that's a term I LOVE to hear.

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate. Just do ya ting and stop in when you're free. Lifes busy buddy, it sucks.
    Highlights: http://www.youtube.com/user/bkbrawla666/videos

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Notenoughinfiniteexcellatheredinbabyoilandglisteni nglikeagreekgod/10

InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000) InfiniteExcel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 5Six View Post
    Notenoughinfiniteexcellatheredinbabyoilandglisteni nglikeagreekgod/10

HAHAHAHAHA, oh you just wait man, just wait. I'ma hit you when you're least expecting it and Johnson's co is gonna come flooding out your screen.

5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 5Six has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by InfiniteExcel View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA, oh you just wait man, just wait. I'ma hit you when you're least expecting it and Johnson's co is gonna come flooding out your screen.
    Do want?!

Originally Posted by 5Six View Post
    Do want?!
    needmorestockforepicshockheyijustrhymed/10

Woke up today and my back has nice DOMS. Lower back hasn't felt like this in quuuuite some time.

Gonna continue on through out the day, if I feel it will detriment my chest workout I'll take my rest day today, instead of tomorrow. I wanna push heavy bbs so I hope it won't.

"Milk was a bad choice" ashylarryku's Avatar
    ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000)
    needmorestockforepicshockheyijustrhymed/10

Woke up today and my back has nice DOMS. Lower back hasn't felt like this in quuuuite some time.

Gonna continue on through out the day, if I feel it will detriment my chest workout I'll take my rest day today, instead of tomorrow. I wanna push heavy bbs so I hope it won't.
    I've benched with sore lats a few times. If anything it helps cause I feel my lats working my when I bench.

BTW, race to 315?! I'm done leaning up in 5 weeks
    My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133003933

"Don't unrack the bar like the bar is gonna kick your ass" - Christian Thibaudeau

"All men are created equal, some just work harder" - Defranco's Gym

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

1,400 Total @ BW 197 video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDr4a_SunYs

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for training videos almost daily:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ashylarryku?feature=watch

NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NightmareW has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Needtojammoreandalwayswin/10
    We gotta jam more on the weekends boooooooo! Like seriously, i am not in it like i used to be. That way if a party sucks we can always start our own sh*t and do our thing
    Weekdays spent training in the gym, getting the grades, and puttin' in work! Spend the weekends letting loose and having some fun!!!!!!

I'm gonna be in the gym during 4th and alittle after school! See ya there hopefully boo
    cause we gotta keep this train on track.

Always in for MOAR!!!!
    "Success has been, and continues to be, defined as being able to get back up one more time then you've been knocked down."

Originally Posted by NightmareW
    Needtojammoreandalwayswin/10
    We gotta jam more on the weekends boooooooo! Like seriously, i am not in it like i used to be. That way if a party sucks we can always start our own sh*t and do our thing
    Weekdays spent training in the gym, getting the grades, and puttin' in work! Spend the weekends letting loose and having some fun!!!!!!

I'm gonna be in the gym during 4th and alittle after school! See ya there hopefully boo
    cause we gotta keep this train on track.

Always in for MOAR!!!!
    Yezzaahhhhhh. Definitely agree man.

My afternoon classes are cancelled, going to the gym for 1. At school right now. Come push numbers nao.

Originally Posted by ashylarryku
    I've benched with sore lats a few times. If anything it helps cause I feel my lats working my when I bench.

BTW, race to 315?! I'm done leaning up in 5 weeks
    Yeah, that makes sense. I'll know to make adjustments if I don't. Back hurts, but it'll be fine. In to go bench PR's mawwwfookazz.

YES, I'm always down for a race. Don't get ya feelings hurt though dude, I'm projected to hit 315 in like less than two months. 6 weeks is even realistic.

Diet yesterday was pretty solid. 4k cals: 300 protein, 130 fat, 375 carbs. Don't try and aim for any certain macros, just keep protein/fat high and carbs at necessary times/modest as can be. Ate a ridiculous amount after the ridiculous Saturday. Didn't do my usual damage on back/bi's yesterday so I only ate 4k, and with me planning to go next level today..I now have comfy room for an explosion of food.

Out before I'm in, once again. This time with ferocious chest/triness. C yuh tonight compadres.

This dude could use a break from lifting. Been going hard for 16 weeks, training heavy every workout and dropping rounds till the hammers dry. Experienced today what seems like CNS fatigue. My bb bench shouldn't have declining progress this soon. It's time to make some strategic moves. Rest up until Monday, come back with a new split. Upper, lower, off. Hitting everything twice instead of once and having an extra rest day should benefit nicely. Progress isn't from workout to workout, and I've been realizing that clear as day lately. On the bench today, I'd hit a weight for four clean, smooth reps and then a sudden, large stall on the fifth. Kinda freaked me out. Definitely not a cardio issue, I wasn't even breathing heavy. It's an issue of my body screaming to ease up. I didn't even see this coming, guess I've finally got that iron will back to it's fullest extent.

Bench: 265x2, 275x1 (ffs bros was hungry for two), 245x3, 235 x 2, 225 x 3+1 forced (paused), 205 x 4, 195 x 5 followed directly with 200 for 3 and 205 for 1.

Note: Thought I had a solid chance of getting a 3rd on 265, the 2nd took 3 seconds tops to come up. The bar went absolutely no where on the 3rd. 275 went up like a guaranteed double, once again going no where. This really killed my vibe.

Incline: 85 lb db's x 6 (full ROM), 205 x 2, 185 x 3, 155 x 5, 145 x 4

Note: Same incline put up as last workout, with 3 sets of bench extra before it and my massive fatigue. Weird, since I got a rep less with 5 extra lbs on flat.

CGBP: 225 x 2 assisted, 185 x 3-4, 155 x 6

Dips: 55 lbs x 6, 40 lbs x 6, bw x 12

Notes: I've done like 6 bb bench workouts so far. Kind of odd progression/lack thereof. Very odd, actually. Looks like this: 225x4, 245x4, 245x3, 255x2, 260x3, 265x2. Adding a 10 on each side for the 2nd work out had me stoked for gains. Took a huge sh*t on my exuberance for future numbers. Why the hell I add 20 lbs then maintain/decrease performance/only add five every workout after beats me.

Lower back hurt SO bad walking home from the gym. They keep the 45 lb plates on a rack like 5 inches off the ground, and taking them off the bar/putting them back/taking them off really gets strenuous, especially after back day. I actually had to stop walking several times and walk home with a lifting belt on it hurt so much. Completely fine now.

I would really, really, really appreciate input on a new approach/reasons for lack luster progression etc..(Confirming my reasonings/other aspects..I'm just so unsure.)

Feeling bad about taking a leave from the gym until Monday. Then again, more free time, seeing friends/family, and progress/eagerness to lift being enhanced are what's making me follow through. Can't. Wait. To. Soar. Anxious/excited/unsure/hopeful what this split change will bring.

Weighed in at 191.2 gym weight today with shoes. Always weigh with shoes, hassle to take them off and it's not my real weight anyway so it still tracks my progress accurately.

I swear I'm crazy. I always feel I've gotten smaller whenever I look in the mirror. After chest/tris today when I was hopping in the shower, I of course did my routine flex. Felt my arms were massively smaller, for some odd reason. Paranoid thoughts of the weekend/over training made me think I had lost muscle. Trained bis yesterday and tris today, not much of a pump left and my right arm measured 18", twice. Strong inch larger whilst feeling significantly smaller? However that works. I did place the measuring tape definitely over the highest point of my bicep this time, though. Pleasantly surprising, but remarkably odd. Wanted to share that

I've also come to the conclusion that this break will not only help me physically, but I can use this time to find/nail form on bench, squats and deads. May even get a vid to throw up for critique. I've never really had the time at the gym/to focused on hitting PR's/good workout to give sufficient practice to my form. My form isn't BAD, but from a favorably technical stand point, work is needed. There isn't a single person throwing up serious numbers without exceptional technique/form. This is the ticket to do what needs to be done, once and for all.

I eat watermelons watermelonbrah's Avatar
    watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I know what you mean by getting to your head. It happens, but it is what it is. And I hate to take time off especially when you desperately want to prove something to yourself.
    "It's not what you accomplished or how long it took you to get there, what really matters is that you actually did it!"

----------------------My lifting log------------------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161934793

If you aren't being hated on you aren't doing sh**!!

Originally Posted by watermelonbrah View Post
    I know what you mean by getting to your head. It happens, but it is what it is. And I hate to take time off especially when you desperately want to prove something to yourself.
    Yeah man, it's probably because I was likely subconsciously degrading myself from frustrations with bench. Damn mind and it's trickz.

Yep, I felt I was going good but I guess I'll be going better. The benefit in every area, even outside of the gym, is far greater than any negative will be though. Pulling over from 60 to stop for an hour and install nos to go 100 on my 1000000000 mile journey. What's better?
    Last edited by InfiniteExcel; 03-08-2011 at 04:17 PM.

beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lolol I didnt realize it was Street Ryda either

Freaking huge dude, srsly mirin

subbed back btw
    400/230/445@165lbs
    182.5/105/202/5@75kg

No gym tomorrow. The rest begins. Thursday, I plan to go to the gym just to play around/feel out grips/stance/form etc. Gonna be doing a lot of reading in regards of upper/lower training. Use this as a knowledge period for everything, I suppose. Not like my minds the one that needs the break LOL.

I think I'm going to get some vids up in here within the next little while. Give you lads (and lass) something slightly worthy of checking back in for. Idk which lift to record though. Little harder than the main lift of a workout, not gonna make it a daily thing. To uncomfortable IRL. Suggestions for first lift vid with biggest bang for our bucks? Lol.

That's all for the night. Time to get my last fuel in and lay my weary head to rest. I need some more charisma in my daily life. It's all what I make it but theres something holding me back.

Originally Posted by beardymcbeard View Post
    Lolol I didnt realize it was Street Ryda either

Freaking huge dude, srsly mirin

subbed back btw
    Haha, much better than "I recognized you from a mile away", that's for sure. New person, seems to be fairing out well for me

Thank you, merci. I guess my goals working out, ihopeimdoingitrite/10

watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelonbrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah man, it's probably because I was likely subconsciously degrading myself from frustrations with bench. Damn mind and it's trickz.

Yep, I felt I was going good but I guess I'll be going better. The benefit in every area, even outside of the gym, is far greater than any negative will be though. Pulling over from 60 to stop for an hour and install nos to go 100 on my 1000000000 mile journey. What's better?
    Is that a metaphor for your resting and getting your body ready to make some gains? I think thats what you mean but not sure?
    "It's not what you accomplished or how long it took you to get there, what really matters is that you actually did it!"

Is that a metaphor for your resting and getting your body ready to make some gains? I think thats what you mean but not sure?
    Haha, yessir. Making the glass overflow when it seems empty.

Strong wtf @ back soreness. Even slightly tensing while peeing as I woke up activated soreness. Putting on my pants felt like a one legged dead lift.

Ate a shade under 5k cals yesterday. It's really hard to tell when I'm eating too much/to little/making fat gains. Even when I'm well over my maintenance, I'm still hungry. Not to mention one day eating modestly and my stomach seeming to stick out more and the next it being completely flat, eating quite a bit more. If that's not enough, some days my face is puffier and then others my structure is more defined/sharper. Weird.

Gonna go get my 3rd last day of school done before March break. 9 days off , you mad brahs?

nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000) nmsk80066 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Gonna go get my 3rd last day of school done before March break. 9 days off , you mad brahs?
    Raged

WOW, I am exhausted. Far worse than yesterday. Slugged myself around school. Felt really grumpy at times.

Spent my lunch hour in the lab looking up things regarding upper/lower training. Realized that it should especially benefit my dl and squat. They will consist of like 90% of the lower days. Other than the pair, all I can see myself wanting/needing to do is lunges/sldl. Previously, on back days I had my heavy rows and curls (I like lifting heavy things, apparently even on curls) and with all back/bicep work, I'd accumulate 20-30 sets typically; only three-five being dead lifts. With all of that jazz moved to upper days, I should have a lot of extra stamina for deads/squats, banging out more sets. It looks like, perhaps, that I'll benefit from extra volume on a split designed with intent to keep volume low to add frequency. BOTH seems nice

^ obviously more sets per workout will likely cause regression to my overall progress, but the catch is, I'll be having a higher squat/dl volume on a weekly basis (Two training sessions instead of one). Here, I may be able to duplicate workouts, and not just split the load over another session. That's really the beauty of it.

I seem to recover quite well, I kept up 16 weeks of heavy/near failure training before needing a rest other than specified rest days. I'll be happy as a pig in sh*t if I can sustain twice the workload, but I'm sure I can compensate for more either way.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by InfiniteExcel; 03-09-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Originally Posted by nmsk80066 View Post
    Raged
    Haha you jelly? I end school in late June and start early September, though. A lot of american bros I've talked to end in april/may do you not?

Forgot to mention

Log will have a large portion to do with quitting smoking as of Friday. It's so stupid. I HATE it. Started 3.5 years ago, and it will be hard to kick. I'm scared, to be honest. Scared I'm going to fail. Scared I'm going to become it's b*tch. Scared it's going to overcome me and make me feel like a hopeless, life time smoker.

^ I realize that may sound exaggerative. Please believe, to a smoker, it's not. When nicotine grabs you, it grabs you. I feel like I'm contradicting what I've done for myself in terms of bettering my health. I've come a long ways from being morbidly obese to nearly half the bf% of a non active person my height/weight. I've also went from being a bum academically to getting strong compliments from teachers who've I've never even been taught by. I've corrected so many negative aspects of my life/self. I can see recognition in teachers eyes/demeanor towards me and obviously in ones who've told me how well I've been doing. I feel flattered by them, but I don't feel the success. It's almost like I won a gold medal, but I doped. I am strictly comparing that to the sour praise.

I feel smoking is defining me in ways which aren't me. Every time I light up in public, I won't even look at people passing by. I feel ashamed. Feel I am looked at as worthless and disgusting. What I always used to fear I was.

Significant amount of positive emotions are short-lived/mitigated, and a significant amount of negative emotions are prolonged/intensified. It's not merely cigarettes that causes me to feel this way, but like I said, how it reminds me of how I used to feel/regard myself. Perhaps that I am stuck in a time warp, like I am imagining the past as the present and the present as the future; that everything that was is and everything that is never was.

I need to quit. There is so much more I could say, but I feel this will give you guys an idea of what this does to me. I don't expect you to care. This was just useful to get a firm grasp for me. To have my feelings thought out and visually for me to see. If I'm going to succeed, I need to look at it with much more than it being unhealthy, expensive, wasteful etc. If those were the only detriments I recognized it with, I'd continue to buy it. Strength to rise needs to be greater than the force placed against it. Cigarettes being expensive and wasteful compared to the strength of their addiction, is like Gary small Coleman Battling Hulk Hogan. I might aswell avoid the sh*t kicking. To summon the inner strength to do this, I needed to fully recognize this. Everything I just said. It's all ran through my mind, but now it is here, entirely to see. May look like a lot of mumbo jumbo with descriptive wording, but remember: I am the one between the lines.

This post is long, and surely ridiculous from a strangers perspective. I don't expect a single one of you to understand. I am the one between the lines.

Gradual quit starts Friday. Encouragement will never be shunned. Second intent in line of this post (hint, hint).

To cigarettes: Come at me Rocky fast with a boxing stance, wearing hockey pads nobody has. You're gonna have to run a mile or two with 100 lb weights tied to you doin street fighter moves I've never seen rhyno or guy ever do.

^ by Hollow Da Don. Same with gary coleman and hulk hogan, that's to nice for off the top of my head not gonna lie
    Last edited by InfiniteExcel; 03-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Don't expect you to read all of that.

Cliffs:

-Log will have large portion to do with quitting smoking (NOTHING LESS with lifting)
    -Hate smoking, makes me feel low, very very bad. Holds me back, is killing me, stupid, contradicting
    -Bettered self in numerous areas, smoking being a huge one left untouched.
    - Post is there for me to see/give others an idea of what it is I am pursuing
    - Encourages encouragement
    - **** for cliffs, but all that is necessary.

About the feelings bigger/smaller leaner/fatter, I get that too quite a bit. It's probably largely due to water intake, diet as of the past few hours, and being bloated or not. Not positive but it could be y.

Edit: It's gonna be hard man, but you can do it! get a god friend on board and have it talk you out of it everytime you feel like smoking a cig. I'd say that would help you a ton.

About the feelings bigger/smaller leaner/fatter, I get that too quite a bit. It's probably largely due to water intake, diet as of the past few hours, and being bloated or not. Not positive but it could be y.

Edit: It's gonna be hard man, but you can do it! get a god friend on board and have it talk you out of it everytime you feel like smoking a cig. I'd say that would help you a ton.
    Yeah, that's exactly what it is in such a short time. It's just the lack of logic it has with it. More food can equal a huge bloat, or flatter than normal. Same for less food. With time ranges being the same. It is retention and food and the sort, but I guess my perception in a given mind state can alter my perception of the change and how accurate it is. Jesus now I know why I don't sleep at night, I can never stop analyzing LOL

Very hard. I WILL do it though! THANKS for being the first to encourage

Still very, very tired/worn out. Expected to get 15-20 cm of snow tonight and 25-30 ml of rain from the morning - over night that could turn freezing. Yikes. Have a presentation to do second period, going to complete it then likely come home and zzzz. Had I of not taken a break I would've had my first failure workout in quite awhile. Good timing .

Gonna dream about huge gains soon . Seriously, I had a dream last night about some random European woman being a viking and being 'born to be strong' as she stepped on the stage in the olympics. Then it cut to me feeling incredibly motivated by it/like I downed a pre workout for the first time. ZMA makes me dream some weird stuff, that's mild. Had a dream that my dad brought me to Canadian Tire to buy a horse. As I got in there I got right to climbing a chain link fence with my beater and shades on as three women attently watched..then I was poking a horse in the stomach as it laughed at me. Weird. Sh*t.
    Last edited by InfiniteExcel; 03-09-2011 at 05:44 PM.

"Milk was a bad choice" ashylarryku's Avatar
    ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000) ashylarryku is just really nice. (+1000)
    Congrats on kicking the habit man. Seriously, that **** is just terrible for your body. Lifter or not, my grandpa just passed away a few months back from lung cancer, and he DOESN'T EVEN SMOKE!! He got it from second hand smoke from his business buddy he shared an office with for years.

Seriously man, good for you. It won't be easy, but nothing worth while is. Lifting isn't easy, and you do that **** on a consistent basis. If you can load a barbell on your back and go deep, come back up, and do it again even though your body says "rack this ****ty barbell, Andy!", you can quit smoking.
    My training log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133003933

"Don't unrack the bar like the bar is gonna kick your ass" - Christian Thibaudeau

"All men are created equal, some just work harder" - Defranco's Gym

Deadlift 610 x 1
    Squat 455 x 1
    Bench 345 x 1

1,400 Total @ BW 197 video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDr4a_SunYs

Subscribe to my YouTube channel for training videos almost daily:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ashylarryku?feature=watch

Lol'd at your dreams! LMAO!

Edit: and to scare ya or give you some motivation, my dad smokes. And he is not even 40 yet(I believe I know he's close) and has had multiple heart attacks. He's still alive and I believe he is trying to quit and smokes alot less now, but still kick it now before it does serious damage.

Originally Posted by ashylarryku
    Congrats on kicking the habit man. Seriously, that **** is just terrible for your body. Lifter or not, my grandpa just passed away a few months back from lung cancer, and he DOESN'T EVEN SMOKE!! He got it from second hand smoke from his business buddy he shared an office with for years.

Seriously man, good for you. It won't be easy, but nothing worth while is. Lifting isn't easy, and you do that **** on a consistent basis. If you can load a barbell on your back and go deep, come back up, and do it again even though your body says "rack this ****ty barbell, Andy!", you can quit smoking.
    Thanks a lot for that man. You're so right. That's pain for pleasure, the same as quitting.

I'm sorry to hear about that. Sadly I know completely how it feels, I watched my grandma progressively get sicker for two years, everyday. So glad shes not in pain anymore and I have the memories I have with her though. That's what counts right? Not even a smoker though; that is a total slap in the face. My condolences.

The fact that if I quit, my mom quits completely slipped my mind. Talk about another huge motivator, I'd be a lost sheep if I didn't have her. Shes so important to me and I'm not afraid to say it :\

Originally Posted by watermelonbrahLol'd
    at your dreams! LMAO!

Edit: and to scare ya or give you some motivation, my dad smokes. And he is not even 40 yet(I believe I know he's close) and has had multiple heart attacks. He's still alive and I believe he is trying to quit and smokes alot less now, but still kick it now before it does serious damage.

Multiple? That's SCARY. Seems like a tough man though, he's still going. Best of luck to the three of us dropping it, we should start some type of online convention

baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000) baco_bacon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know much about previous experiences with cigs because I've never smoked 'em but I do know in the past I've been addicted to sleeping aids. That's obviously not as strong as nicotine but it was/still is a bitch to get over and I'm doing my best. Just us loggers have seen you change from an arrogant attention whore (no hate I still LOL at those curling vids), to a mature guy with a wealth of information about lifting and life experiences in itself. I know you can do this. Your mom did, what else is there more to say? We all got your back and I bet your friends and mother do as well. STICK WITH IT!!!!! You got this mayne!
    live.laugh.lift

Originally Posted by baco_bacon View Post
    I don't know much about previous experiences with cigs because I've never smoked 'em but I do know in the past I've been addicted to sleeping aids. That's obviously not as strong as nicotine but it was/still is a bitch to get over and I'm doing my best. Just us loggers have seen you change from an arrogant attention whore (no hate I still LOL at those curling vids), to a mature guy with a wealth of information about lifting and life experiences in itself. I know you can do this. Your mom did, what else is there more to say? We all got your back and I bet your friends and mother do as well. STICK WITH IT!!!!! You got this mayne!
    That must still be tough, man. Hope it's not a heavy duty sleeping aid (doubt it though). No hate implied bredren, I was that . Unharnessed retaliative impulse/knowing zero about the ropes of a forum didn't do me any justice, either. It's all good though, what's done is done A wealth of information seems fitting compared to earlier years, but it's not hard to see wealth when you're comparing it to debt

My mom hasn't, unfortunately. We'll be doing it together. Not at the same time, don't want to force my choice upon her when she isn't ready when it'll likely result in the both of us failing. I'll succeed and use it to her encourage her .

<3333 the encouragement. THANKS A TON Mark.

and to everyone, I thank you all again as well. I plan to achieve and detail a lot of triumph in this log. First, I should really get some sleep and help put this plan into action. Even more immediately, I should get this fail in the post below out of the way
    Last edited by InfiniteExcel; 03-09-2011 at 09:54 PM.