Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shreddies View Post
    Everytime I try to bulk by eating large amounts of food, even with healthy foods, it seems that the carbs or excess protein yields fat gains. Should I increase my cardio? I feel like i'd be running off muscle or something.. Any suggestions?
    just add in cardio

Cardio is NOT nearly as catabolic as people think. Especially if you are in a caloric surplus.
    just walk for 30mins in the AM on your off days.

Still gaining fat? Look at your diet again, you are taking in too many calories
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

shreddies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by krott5333 View Post
    you're going to put on a little bit of fat, that's inevitable. But if you stick to gaining about a pound per week, you'll minimize the fat gain. It's when you try to bulk too quickly that the fat really gets out of hand.
    Above from eating about 1.5 g of protein per pound of body weight of protein. What are your takes on carbs. I know the carbs to eat are ones such as oats/brown rice, whole wheat etc. Would you suggest eating most of them during a specific time of day? I've heard morning.

Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Everytime I try to bulk by eating large amounts of food, even with healthy foods, it seems that the carbs or excess protein yields fat gains. Should I increase my cardio? I feel like i'd be running off muscle or something.. Any suggestions?
    I took a walmart multi and went from 170 pounds in high school to 250 now... its the real deal!!! stupid eat some food and quit thinking theres some magical jug of powder thats going to make you a massive beast. Lift heavy and eat food it is that easy sir.

Originally Posted by xStevenx View Post
    just add in cardio

Cardio is NOT nearly as catabolic as people think. Especially if you are in a caloric surplus.
    just walk for 30mins in the AM on your off days.

Still gaining fat? Look at your diet again, you are taking in too many calories

Cool thanks. So no cardio on days i weight lift?

Originally Posted by Fergy3 View Post
    I took a walmart multi and went from 170 pounds in high school to 250 now... its the real deal!!! stupid eat some food and quit thinking theres some magical jug of powder thats going to make you a massive beast. Lift heavy and eat food it is that easy sir.
    I've heard multi vit can gain mass REAL fast. Thats why I take 6 per day

krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) krott5333 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Above from eating about 1.5 g of protein per pound of body weight of protein. What are your takes on carbs. I know the carbs to eat are ones such as oats/brown rice, whole wheat etc. Would you suggest eating most of them during a specific time of day? I've heard morning.
    a large amount of your carb intake should be before your workout (1.5 hrs), and about an hour after your workout.

morning is good too to give yourself sustained energy throughout the day
    Getting swole, one day at a time.

Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fergy3 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've heard multi vit can gain mass REAL fast. Thats why I take 6 per day
    Wait... your body space says your a personal trainer in your spare time yet you belive theres sups that are going to make you huge lol....

a large amount of your carb intake should be before your workout (1.5 hrs), and about an hour after your workout.

There is a lot of discrepancy about working out on a completely empty stomach and then carb loading after. hmmm

Wouldnt a personal trainer know this???

Lightbulb

Wait... your body space says your a personal trainer in your spare time yet you belive theres sups that are going to make you huge lol....

Thats right. I am open to trying new types of diet and training programs. I have obviously achieved great progression, but I want to know what other people on a bodybuilding website because its pretty funny seeing what some people write about. Because I study medicine, I find it pretty funny to listen to stupid advice, but im open to offers! Telling people that I eat 13 bananas a day was a perfect way to grab ppl's attention. Good diet - good training obviously yields good results. But there are supps out there that work as well.

Talking

Wouldnt a personal trainer know this???
    They sure should! Just shows ya how easy it is to become one

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cool thanks. So no cardio on days i weight lift?
    not really necessary. Save those calories for better growth.

Train 3 days per week. Heavy as hell, intense, in and out of the gym. Do not waste time burning through calories with set after set after set. Stick to the compounds.

get in there, stimulate, then feed. Rest and do it again. More rest=more growth.

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

not really necessary. Save those calories for better growth.

Train 3 days per week. Heavy as hell, intense, in and out of the gym. Do not waste time burning through calories with set after set after set. Stick to the compounds.

get in there, stimulate, then feed. Rest and do it again. More rest=more growth.

Thanks bro!! Great advice

Thanks bro!! Great advice
    brandon curry had a video awhile ago that said something like that.

Why be in the gym just burning through calories. Get in there, get it done and get out. 30 to 40mins. Put those cals you are eating towards muscle not energy to train longer. More is not better IMO

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

brandon curry had a video awhile ago that said something like that.

Why be in the gym just burning through calories. Get in there, get it done and get out. 30 to 40mins. Put those cals you are eating towards muscle not energy to train longer. More is not better IMO
    K cool. Its hard for me to realize that training less can yield bigger gains. For size and mass, how many sets and reps would you recommend?

bump

K cool. Its hard for me to realize that training less can yield bigger gains. For size and mass, how many sets and reps would you recommend?
    I personally am a low volume guy.

1 to 3 sets per body part. Compounds only for the most part. I like reverse pyramiding.

Set 1: 6 reps
    Set 2: drop weight by 10%, 8 to 10
    Set 3: drop weight by 10%, 12 to 15

bam. boom. done

Each week adding more weight and/or reps. If you aren't progressing you are wasting time. Each set taken to failure or beyond

I wont go into too much detail of course that isn't it. Look at the dorian video series that was posted. That will put some mass on you!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.

Great feedback thanks

If there is anyone out there who has any good supplement results for mass - SHOUT OUT!

notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000) notoriousbeast is just really nice. (+1000)
    subbed btw check out beta alanine
    irb

Xbox One GT: LeftySavage

Giants, Knicks, Yankees

"You'll never succeed if you're always holding yourself back in case it doesn't work out!"

Originally Posted by notoriousbeast View Post

I've heard good things about beta a.

Question

Originally Posted by notoriousbeast View Post
    Whats your dosing?

Registered elephant rider elephantbatlezo's Avatar
    elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50) elephantbatlezo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    food.................lol srs...
    US army 74d (Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear specialist)
    CCW/LTC crew (concealed carry weapons/licence to carry)...feels good brah

tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500) tokosh is not very helpful. (-500)
    Trollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Originally Posted by elephantbatlezo View Post
    food.................lol srs...
    I know I know calories calories

AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    after a workout you should get one banana and a shake with whey protein. should wait about 30 mins and have a normal meal.

to srs bulk, you should be getting around 4k kcals a day. if you can't bulk on that, seems your body ****s as much as you eat, lolz (that actually happens to me..)

edit: on supp i would recommend pro complex or cytogainer, with creatine (any of your choice, but check its creatine monohydrate)
    Last edited by AngelRM; 03-01-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Originally Posted by AngelRM View Post
    after a workout you should get one banana and a shake with whey protein. should wait about 30 mins and have a normal meal.

to srs bulk, you should be getting around 4k kcals a day. if you can't bulk on that, seems your body ****s as much as you eat, lolz (that actually happens to me..)

edit: on supp i would recommend pro complex or cytogainer, with creatine (any of your choice, but check its creatine monohydrate)
    Cool - I've been having a protein shake with a banana and peanut butter. What are your thoughts on having a big beer after?

I read that Arnold does it !!

AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10) AngelRM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    lol, big beer: cheeeeeeeers , but it will make you have a brand new love handles, lulz. still, it will help you gain weight, beer is basically sugar not that sweet..

Guess ill stick to healthy calories/preworkout and protein shake. Just seems like im plateuing. Thanks for the input!