ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Question Using the GI Bill for certification?

Hello everyone. I'm planning on getting a PT Cert here in the next 6 months or so, and am wondering if anyone knows which Institutions work with the GI Bill?

I was mainly considering ACE, as I "assumed" it is the most sought after cert but I found nothing on their website to indicate that I can use TA or my GI Bill for it.

I checked out NASM, again using my noobie knowledge that it is one of the other most sough *****, and found that I can use use the GI Bill for it.

Has anyone had any experience using the GI Bill (Post 9/11 for myself) or TA for their cert/institution.

Thanks much.
    "Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else"

RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by ManBearLion View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm planning on getting a PT Cert here in the next 6 months or so, and am wondering if anyone knows which Institutions work with the GI Bill?

I was mainly considering ACE, as I "assumed" it is the most sought after cert but I found nothing on their website to indicate that I can use TA or my GI Bill for it.

I checked out NASM, again using my noobie knowledge that it is one of the other most sough *****, and found that I can use use the GI Bill for it.

Has anyone had any experience using the GI Bill (Post 9/11 for myself) or TA for their cert/institution.

Thanks much.
    NASM does accept it if you are still in it maybe possible to use tuition assistance to get your certification. as long as the courses you take are related to what you want to be when you get out I think the councelors can wave the paperwork on it.. Best bet is to pick up the phone and ask.. straight up.

ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ManBearLion has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks man, rep
    "Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else"

CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

GI Bill

Originally Posted by ManBearLion View Post

Thanks much.
    I know you can use GI Bill with ISSA but you have to get the cert. and send it in as proof that you passed then the VA will reimburse the cost of the course.

bfate13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can use the GI Bill for the ACE Cert as well. It's only as a reimbursement.

RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000) RocketPRopelled is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look at the changes that are being set in place for the GI BILL this year. there are several and 1 in particular should make you getting a few ***** easy as pie.

Ceazalio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

GI Bill & Tuition Assistance

I've looked up both NASM & ISSA, and you can use GI Bill for both - but Tuition Assistance for ISSA only. Reason is that education office uses the US Dept of Education's Accreditation site for their approval process (ope.ed.gov/accreditation/[/url]) for TA approval. ISSA is DETC accredited, which is recognized by the DoE; NASM is accredited by NCCA, which is not DoE recognized, but is highly recognized in the fitness realm. Both seem like great choices -- still deciding between the two myself (i.e., take the TA and do ISSA, or use GI Bill for NASM for the increase in gym recognization & hiring). Thanks!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ceazalio View Post
    I've looked up both NASM & ISSA, and you can use GI Bill for both - but Tuition Assistance for ISSA only. Reason is that education office uses the US Dept of Education's Accreditation site for their approval process (ope.ed.gov/accreditation/[/url]) for TA approval. ISSA is DETC accredited, which is recognized by the DoE; NASM is accredited by NCCA, which is not DoE recognized, but is highly recognized in the fitness realm. Both seem like great choices -- still deciding between the two myself (i.e., take the TA and do ISSA, or use GI Bill for NASM for the increase in gym recognization & hiring). Thanks!
    The certification won't get you hired, YOU will get you hired. Sell yourself the right way and the gym won't care which certification you have. Trust me.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

AlphaSwoll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Using your GI bill cert for a PT certification in my opinioin is a waste. GI bill will pay about $4500 if I'm not mistaken and the PT certification is around $500. I would just pay that out of pocket and use GI cert for something else.